Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By TheFussies
  • 2 Post By sws97sdg
  • 1 Post By Disorderly
  • 1 Post By Bootledodger
  • 3 Post By TheFussies
  • 2 Post By scotslizzy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2015, 19:46

Default TheFussies Bar Crawl

Firstly must ask the question - can we not vote for our top 5 bars?

During our stay we visit a number of establishments like to spread our money throughout the port. Usually bars are selected for a variety of reasons.

Watching the sun go down- it has to be La Cantina del Moll Nou. A really inexpensive place to watch a sunset on the hills behind the port. A relatively inexpensive beer, cava or wine in the company of expensive boats. If only I had one.

Another sunset option bar at La Llonja. Sun sets a little earlier here as its closer to the main road. Not to be missed though.

Cafe d'eu moll - nice for a quiet drink just behind square. Always good friendly service. Visited this bar for many years now, popular with some of the restaurant owners.

I'lla D'or We like to stroll along pine walk on an afternoon and before turning back have a drink and soak up the view. Unfortunately, this year service was so very poor on our first walk. We never ventured back. we did though have a long conversation with another couple also lamenting the poor service.

O'Hara's - Oh why did we end up here, ok we had one Irish person in company but even they thought this is not Irish! Must be only bar in town that you pay as you go. The children were with us this night they had a great time running about in Nostalgia whilst we sat drinking in O'Hara's

Bar at Mar Calma an oasis of calm compared to O'Hara's.

Will split the forum with this one Bony's. Never been happy here and our one visit this year reminded me why. We went to meet the FussieFriends. Ordered two drinks cava and whisky, even specified whisky from options given by waitress. Afraid whisky tasted more of industrial alcohol than whisky. left most of it then to add insult to injury bill was 3 euro's more than Cultural Bar we had just left.

Cultural Bar, not normally a regular here but popped in a few times to give some support to Jaime. Bar itself was surprisingly pleasant entertainers and all. Will go back.

Jokers - nice place to people watch

Sea. Bar.Is - popped in here one Sunday late afternoon and enjoyed the experience. A large number of local people so a bit of atmosphere, music was not obtrusive as some have reported, services was prompt and efficient and prices for beer and wine comparable to elsewhere. If it had a better sunset view I'd visit more often.

Simbad - not been in here for a couple of years but handy for a drink coming off beach. Again friendly service.

Cappuchino - The girls like the sangria here but even the service doesn't warrant paying the high prices every night. Special occasions only.

Ruta bars, we really enjoy these on a Thursday must make the effort to visit some outwith Ruta nights

Ok these are my thoughts only perhaps others would like to comment on their favourite bars.
sws97sdg, LK1960 and marilyn like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-07-2015, 09:24

Hi glad you enjoyed your trip

Sea Bar we used the beach near there and some days the music was just a pounding dirge other days fine so perhaps it depends who is drinking in there

Nice to see some life on that corner especially now El Ancla has gone
Old 14-07-2015, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
Hi glad you enjoyed your trip

Sea Bar we used the beach near there and some days the music was just a pounding dirge other days fine so perhaps it depends who is drinking in there

Nice to see some life on that corner especially now El Ancla has gone
lol, ones persons pounding dirge is another's pumping beats!!

The music during the day is much more chilled, I think they only have a DJ Fri, Sat and Sun evenings!

On island time!!
Old 14-07-2015, 10:52

Our long list of favorites in no particular order!

Mombasa Cafe - Our preferred nightcap stop, great sitting on the terrace on the swinging chairs, having one or two for the road, great music also

Sea.Bar.es - Great for drinks off the beach or for one on the way back to the apartment, friendly staff, great atmosphere and a great view, what more could you want?

Bar Embat – Again great for dinks on the beach, more seating this year so plenty of space, live music in the week as well, not tried the food, but the Mojitos are wonderful!

Geminis – great for late nights and for the football, great atmosphere with mainly locals as well as the waiters and owners calling in for a drink on the way home.

Casa Manolo – great for a quiet drink in the square, friendly staff again and great for people watching

Café 1919 – great for after dinner drinks, and again great for people watching

Bony - Of cause, always good to catch up with Jose, problem is one quick drink usually turns into 3, with a very late night and slow mornings

El Posito – Not a bar I know but the friendliest welcome in the port and always great to catch up with Toni and Chris, and of cause the Sparkes!!
LK1960 and marilyn like this.

On island time!!
Old 14-07-2015, 17:00

Is Cantina del Moll Nou out at the end of the pier on the marina?....if so which pier, the one Stay is on or the one the Yacht club is on??? -
Old 14-07-2015, 17:39

I'd be interested to know the exact location too, please. Is Cantina del Moll Nou just a bar, or do they do any food/tapas? Do you know the opening hours? Looking for new places to visit when we land on Saturday. After all the tears we've been coming, we really should be more adventurous!
Tangoman likes this.
Old 14-07-2015, 18:54
Super Moderator

La Cantina Delmollnou is a bar/ restaurant/ chillout lounge, it's on the Stay pier and they have a FB page .
Old 14-07-2015, 19:32

thanks sparky....just seen it on FB...i'm in disbelief that not only haven't i been there, but i haven't even seen it when at Stay!!!!!!
Sparky likes this.
Old 15-07-2015, 18:58

Before you all rush there, I'd say chill out lounge is stretching it a bit. Just a bar some tables, chairs, nice friendly staff and a lovely view
pollensa, debz1 and Tangoman like this.
Old 16-07-2015, 06:57

Default Cantina del Moll Nou

Used this place a couple of times at lunch time and before dinner at Stay. Lovely couple running it and as other have stated a nice place to sit and watch the comings and goings of the harbour. Prices very good.

Did have tapas one day and it was fine and a change from the normal places we go to.

Scotslizzy
pansy potter and Tangoman like this.
Old 16-07-2015, 12:25

Does anyone know when Cantina del Moll Nou opens/closes for the season? It's been highly recommended on this forum for a few years and I would so love to try it - but it is always shut when we are in PP in early April, and shut again when we make our second visit in late October. Or maybe I've just been unlucky and gone there on the wrong day of the week?
Old 16-07-2015, 22:17

I also wasn't aware of Cantina del Moll Nou even after so long going to PP and would be interested what the menu is like , I have a vision of fresh seafood pulled from the sea surrounded by locals ...??
Old 20-07-2015, 23:46

brilliant thefussies as a Glasgow boy am no stranger to a bar crawl, been a tough one recently looking forward to one or two in sept now things are on the up cheers for the post.............