Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree15Likes
  • 15 Post By TheFussies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2015, 16:10

Smile Trip Report TheFussies Week2

For the second week TheFussies were joined by FussieFriends and their friends. On some evenings we had 7 adults and 2 children aged 2 & 4. A party this size presents its own challenge in a busy Puerto Pollensa.

28th June MrFussie was determined to go the Sardine BBQ on the pier. Never been to this before had only walked through on past years. Two of us bravely set off into the unknown!! We agreed to meet the others at the bar in La Llonja. Well this is what holidays are all about a plate of sardines, piles of bread, tomatoes and olives with a beer or wine thrown in – 1.50 euro. What a bargain. Locals will invite you to join their table with the whole communal eating experience, absolutely brilliant. Feeling that the others missed out, we bought a selection of cake, again 1.50 euro a portion.

After that we all had to go and find restaurant for at least 7 hungry members of the party, well two of us had had starters 
Tried Centric but no tables available then to Osteria. Yes they could do it just need 10 minutes to clear some tables, they did it in half the time. Ordered some pizza for the children, some penne pasta dishes, chicken arrosto, spaghetti bolonaise for the others with seafood linguine for me. Coupled with a couple of bottles of a perfectly acceptable white (Analivia I think) made for a perfect evening meal in the square.

29th June Mr & MrsFussie were on their own celebrating their wedding anniversary. Where to go – decided on La Celtika. Visited this restaurant over the last couple of years and its good. However, based on Doogz excellent report on the tasting menus I had to convince a hesitant MrsFussie on the wisdom of a tasting menu. MrsFussie doesn’t do lamb but no fear the chef assured me they would alter to suit any dislikes, allergies etc. On mentioning it was our anniversary a couple of complimentary cava’s were produced a nice touch and a good start. The meal itself is difficult to describe. The amuse bouche was mix of textures and flavours and totally awesome. Start was a goats cheese salad was as good as I’ve had in PP, the scallops came from Scotland. To think we had to travel from Scotland to get a dish this good. The sea bass was gorgeous. The meat course was duck, MrsFussie worried about this. She needed have bothered absolutely fantastic. Meal finished with a chocolate mousse with basil twill. Finally, a couple of complimentary liquers. Including 3 glasses of wine bill came to 109.50 euro. This may seem expensive compared to many establishments in PP but for quality of produce, service and ambience this restaurant takes some beating. Easily, and far and away the best meal of the holiday.

30th June Initially, the anniversary meal was going to be at the Hotel Llenaire but I couldn’t get a booking for the 29th. So booked instead for the 30th. We went here last year for afternoon tea, enjoying the expeience so much we wanted along with TheFussie friends to try evening meal on the terrace. As last orders for restaurant were 9:30 we arrived 8:30 for some drinks prior to meal. Although not full most tables were already taken and we were the last to arrive. Once seated at our table on the terrace all we wanted to do was soak up the marvellous view. Absolutely stunning with Puerto Pollensa on the left all the way to Alcudia on the right.
For starters we had an iberico ham risotto and scallops and for mains fillet steaks for TheFussie Friends with for MrsFussie cod and lamb for me. For desserts crème brullee and a selection of chocolate truffles. All were pleased with meal, service was attentive and friendly. Including drinks, wine and water bill came to 168.25 for 4 people. Another restaurant we would recommend for a special occasion.

1st July Booked Centric for all 9 in party. This restaurant is really good. Attentive friendly service and very good as most Spanish restaurants are with children. Mr& MrsFussie shared a goats cheese starter followed up with mains of chicken skewers. MrsFussie also decided to finish with what was billed as a milk chocolate mousse. She didn’t like it describing it as a plate of condensed milk. Others who tried it thought it tasted ok but texture was more milky than a mousse.

2nd July Ruta again and this time Bellaverde was back on!! A good start. Equalled our personal best of 9 but this week atmosphere was lacking. Not sure if this was due no information at tourist office or on Puertopollensa.com on July participants. However, despite that we all enjoyed ourselves. There are some really good places that are must visit. Bellaverde for unique tapas, Bar Rumbo & Rustic Café for typical Spanish tapas and La Bodiquita for the fantastic range of tapas on offer and the atmosphere is fantastic.

3rd July Last night and MrsFussieFriend has surprised us all by booking C’an Curassa for a retirement meal. This is a great favourite of both families. We all had a great time, good company, good food coupled with good service from the staff. A fitting end to TheFussies 2015 holiday

Booked for 2016 already, we now have 11 months to work out where we are going to eat
Disorderly, debz1, Mark and 12 others like this.

Last edited by TheFussies; 13-07-2015 at 19:02.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-07-2015, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFussies View Post
29th June Mr & MrsFussie were on their own celebrating their wedding anniversary. Where to go – decided on La Celtika. Visited this restaurant over the last couple of years and its good. However, based on Doogz excellent report on the tasting menus I had to convince a hesitant MrsFussie on the wisdom of a tasting menu. MrsFussie doesn’t do lamb but no fear the chef assured me they would alter to suit any dislikes, allergies etc. On mentioning it was our anniversary a couple of complimentary cava’s were produced a nice touch and a good start. The meal itself is difficult to describe. The amuse bouche was mix of textures and flavours and totally awesome. Start was a goats cheese salad was as good as I’ve had in PP, the scallops came from Scotland. To think we had to travel from Scotland to get a dish this good. The sea bass was gorgeous. The meat course was duck, MrsFussie worried about this. She needed have bothered absolutely fantastic. Meal finished with a chocolate mousse with basil twill. Finally, a couple of complimentary liquers. Including 3 glasses of wine bill came to 109.50 euro. This may seem expensive compared to many establishments in PP but for quality of produce, service and ambience this restaurant takes some beating. Easily, and far and away the best meal of the holiday.
Thanks for another wonderful report & I'm so pleased you enjoyed the tasting menu at Celtika. It is a little more expensive than some other restaurants but to me with the quality of the ingredients, expert cooking and wonderful service it still offers great value for money