Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 22:53

Default Recommendation for Family Celebration

Hello,

I am travelling to PP on 19th July for 1 week with my husband, 2 daughters (10 & 13yrs) and my parents.

The trip has been arranged as a surprise present for my Mum's 70th birthday. It has been in the planning since last October but we only told her and my daughters last night and revealed they were going in 15 sleeps!

Anyway, whilst there, we will be celebrating the 70th, also my daughter's 13th birthday and my husband's birthday. Quite a week!

We will be eating out most nights anyway, but I would like us to have a meal that is seen as the 'birthday meal'. Somewhere that we can book and arrive as a party of six and be welcomed.

Can you offer recommendations? I am not looking for posh but just somewhere that feels special.

Thank you
shelf.life likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2015, 09:07

The MDD at Stay or La Llonja are good value at about 35 Euros for three courses plus wine and water - both have a lovely relaxed ambience and great views. The food is broadly European cuisine - La Llonja perhaps has a more Mallorcan feel. Other restaurants that are getting good reviews on this forum at present are La Vila on the main square in PP, and Marina Brasserie on the Pine Walk - they are both perhaps a bit less formal than the first two I mentioned (though they are all pretty laid-back). PP is stuffed with good restaurants so you will be spoilt for choice.
debz1 and Bobbybun like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:14

La Llonja, when you book tell Miguel you will be celebrating your Mums birthday.
CathB, debz1 and Bobbybun like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:09

If you want something less formal but enjoyable and memorable the the lamb special at C'an Ferrar is good value. Order the day before - you get a small selection of tapas to start (typically frito, croquettas and albondigas) then the lamb main and then dessert of some sort. about 20 a head but you would probably only need to order 3 portions for 4 of you!
Bobbybun likes this.
Old 06-07-2015, 14:22

For me Tango is great family restaurant MDD 18.95€ inc wine etc good food friendly welcome all makes a great evening.
ragdollabbi, Tangoman and Bobbybun like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 14:36

Default Birthday Bash

As mentioned already, I would be sure that ALL restaurants in PP would be prepared to do something special for so many birthdays on the one night, so do make sure that you tell them in advance. Restaurants in PP, in the main, are nothing if not hospitable!!
pollensafan and lollipop like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 16:06

Honest, I'm not copying what's been said above.

For that very special meal I would be booking at Restaurant Stay, or La Llonja or (if I wanted it a bit cheaper) Tango. Essential to book in advance and essential to tell them (at time of booking) about all the birthdays (the lucky one(s) will have a pleasant surprise).

I've lost count of how many wedding anniversaries we've spent at the Stay.
debz1 and Bobbybun like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 17:02

Ditto all the above re Stay and La Llonja. If you stick to the MDD they cannot be beaten IMO on value for money, service and location. Look on line at the set menus to see which one you fancy most. You will need to book in the height of the season.

The service is professional but friendly and although they don't put it on the menu they have a choice of homemade burger, fish or spaghetti bolognaise if the younger ones don't want the MDD. They would also do smaller sized portions of anything off the menu.
Bobbybun likes this.
Old 06-07-2015, 17:29

Both Stay and La LLonja are very good, but for something extra special, Hotel LLenaire or La Victoria are both very good,with views that cant be beaten.
Bobbybun likes this.
Old 06-07-2015, 19:21

No one has mentioned C'an Josep who is now at Ca Vostra, where Tango used to be?

Have not been but great setting.
scouse mark and Bobbybun like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 06-07-2015, 19:57

Can Curassa or Hostal Bahia have gone the extra mile on every visit for us so are very firm favourites.

I also have to say that there are so many lovely places that you can't fail to have a lovely time. PP the Perfect location for your family to create many beautiful memories. Have a wonderful time
Tangoman and Bobbybun like this.
Old 06-07-2015, 21:33

Aww guys. Thank you for the replies. So many recommendations and ideas.
I will check out menu's on line.

Another question - as a tourist, to make a booking should I call in in person? Do I ask to speak with the manager? Should I book at the beginning of our week for the end of the week or would a day or two before suffice?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2015, 21:35

Ca'n Cuarassa or Josep's are the ones I would choose, they don't come much more friendly than Josep.
Old 06-07-2015, 22:21

I would heartily recommend Celler la Parra, on Juan XXIII. Really unusual setting and a million and one unusual fascinating artefacts etc to check out inside. Fantastic service from Alex (co-owner and head waiter) and the boys, very friendly, great food and very reasonable prices. They have a website if you would like to have a look :-)
Old 06-07-2015, 22:30

Smile

Many of the above mentioned (if not most ), advertise on the Eating Out Section of the forum. Why not send them an e_mail for information reference making a booking - (and don't forget the birthdays)!!