Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   REVIEW: Nicos, a new experience. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/12264-nicos-new-experience.html)

Sparky 04-07-2015 11:11

Nicos, a new experience.

We have friends staying with us this week so have dined out every night, we decided to try somewhere that neither of us had been to before so i suggested Nico's. Oh my goodness what have we been missing out on for years, we ordered a plate of Nachos Montana to share and it was more than enough for the four of us, mains were a fillet of pork, ribs and two dinamite chilis, all very big portions perfectly cooked and presented. This was washed down with a bottle of Anares Rioja, a Kas Naranja and a couple of cans of John Smiths (David doesn't like wine but JS is the nectar of the God's to him ;)).

The place was packed and people were waiting to get a table but the service was fantastic and very friendly, we will definitely be going back to Nicos soon, thank you Fran, Marcos and your team :D.

Rosie34 04-07-2015 13:57

Thanks Sparky - That's on our list for October:)

Sparky 04-07-2015 14:18

I forgot to say the bill came to 87.75€ so it was excellent value for money too :D:D.
Also new for 2015 they have a gluten free menu that includes pasta dishes, pizzas, burger and hot dog rolls, ice cream, beer and much more.

martinchip10 04-07-2015 14:28

Nico's has been a fave of our for years and has always been our first night, last night and if there long enough, the middle night dinners too. Went there 3 times the last two weeks and will do a proper synopsis when I get round to doing my trip report.

Joanne 04-07-2015 14:31

They do a very nice Pina Colada in there as well

scouse mark 04-07-2015 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 104972)
We have friends staying with us this week so have dined out every night, we decided to try somewhere that neither of us had been to before so i suggested Nico's. Oh my goodness what have we been missing out on for years, we ordered a plate of Nachos Montana to share and it was more than enough for the four of us, mains were a fillet of pork, ribs and two dinamite chilis, all very big portions perfectly cooked and presented. This was washed down with a bottle of Anares Rioja, a Kas Naranja and a couple of cans of John Smiths (David doesn't like wine but JS is the nectar of the God's to him ;)).

The place was packed and people were waiting to get a table but the service was fantastic and very friendly, we will definitely be going back to Nicos soon, thank you Fran, Marcos and your team :D.

We have bean to Nicos many times over the years and never had one thing to complain about great place, nice food great beer and drinks, and great service have only put review on tripadvisor .doh

triplets 05-07-2015 07:56

where is Nicos please?

triplets 05-07-2015 07:58

I remember now near the square, we have never been in it but lucky me we are going out in 7 weeks and will give it a go! Thanks!

Stevo66 05-07-2015 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 104974)
I forgot to say the bill came to 87.75€ so it was excellent value for money too :D:D.
Also new for 2015 they have a gluten free menu that includes pasta dishes, pizzas, burger and hot dog rolls, ice cream, beer and much more.

Next time Sparky have the "Crazy Chicken".I arrive in PP on 15th and that's what I'll be having on my first evening.

martinchip10 05-07-2015 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo66 (Post 104987)
Next time Sparky have the "Crazy Chicken".I arrive in PP on 15th and that's what I'll be having on my first evening.

Haha.
That's always my first nights food too👍

romanb 05-07-2015 20:48

The Canadian salmon with wild rice also very good.

Sparky 31-08-2015 10:15

I took the family to Nicos last night and they were well impressed, a lovely welcome from Marcos, Fran and the staff followed by excellent food and service, hubby had a steak which was very tough but there was no problem getting it changed. We had 2 starters to share (they are large), 5 mains, 3 desserts, a beer, 2 soft drinks and 2 bottles of Albarino all for a very reasonable 138€

I tried the "Crazy Chicken" and absolutely loved it.

Thanks for a great evening guys and see you again soon :).

Stevo66 01-09-2015 07:51

"Crazy Chicken" at Nicos is the best meal in the Port.

PP_Kev 01-09-2015 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo66 (Post 106269)
"Crazy Chicken" at Nicos is the best meal in the Port.

One of my favorites too... not long now, counting the days...! :)