Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree20Likes
  • 4 Post By Harters
  • 4 Post By debz1
  • 2 Post By Belladonna
  • 2 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 1 Post By debz1
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By Tangoman
  • 2 Post By Disorderly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2015, 16:23

Default La Llonja, June 2015

Like everywhere else, you get bread at la Llonja. But, unlike most places, it’s not alioli that you get to go with it. Instead, there’s a perfectly ripe tomato, ideal for squishing onto the bread. And tapenade instead of the usual olives.

Squid rings “a la Romana” were pretty much a prefect example. Just a light dredge in flour before being quickly fried. Now I know it's not traditional but I wouldn’t have mined a bit of alioli toi dunk them in.

Prawns “from the bay” had also been given a light fry. With not a hint of overcooking, they were delicious. Such a simple thing that demonstrates that less really can be more.

It might have been possible for someone with a better palate than we have to determine which three fish made up the mixed plate. All I can say, is that all three were perfectly cooked – the fish just breaking into flakes, with no mushiness. All tasted good. There was a fennel sauce which packed a real punch from the herb. Absolutely nothing wishy washy about this plate of food. It comes with mixed vegetable – carrot, courgette, mushroom and runner bean. And a few roast (or, more likely, deep fried) potatoes.

There was another bang-on bit of cookery with a pork fillet. Just about cooked through but still soft and most. It came with a cream and sweet wine sauce which just about stayed on the right side of not being too sweet. There were also some of the same potatoes and mixed veg on the plate.

Desserts weren’t that brill – a reminder why we don’t order them often. Home made vanilla ice cream needed much more vanilla. It came with what was advertised as a hot chocolate sauce . However, was actually a cold sauce – still nicely bitter but would have made a better contribution if it had been hot.

Slices of strawberry had been warmed through to the stage where they only just about held their shape. They came with a mascarpone mousse which lacked any real richness. And a rectangle of folded, and baked, filo pastry, which didn’t serve any useful purpose whatsoever. Nothing actively unpleasant here, just a really broing end to dinner.
Old 29-06-2015, 22:47

Six visits to this restaurant in as many weeks and it has scored top marks each time. Definitely my number one in the Port
Old 30-06-2015, 09:31

Impressive! Looking forward to going there soon. I'm assuming that you really need to book first debz?
debz1 and cumberland8 like this.
Old 30-06-2015, 10:25

Don't forget Belladonna, it's a "Bring Your Own" place - fire extinguisher, that is.
Old 30-06-2015, 10:30

The MDD at La Llonja is generally really excellent too - often better than Stay - and I love the fact that it isn't so frenetically busy - makes for a more relaxed evening.
Golfaholics and cumberland8 like this.
Old 30-06-2015, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Impressive! Looking forward to going there soon. I'm assuming that you really need to book first debz?

Yes Bella I think you'll need to book as it's been very busy every time we've been.

Wholeheartedly agree with Kate about the MDD and the relaxed atmosphere, although Stay still ticks the boxes too
Belladonna likes this.
Old 30-06-2015, 11:24

Thanks debz, hopefully holiday brain will remember!
Tangoman - there are more windows to look out of at La Llonga - 365 is more of a cave, hence not much to look at!
debz1 likes this.
Old 30-06-2015, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Thanks debz, hopefully holiday brain will remember!
Tangoman - there are more windows to look out of at La Llonga - 365 is more of a cave, hence not much to look at!
No windows at all as the outside terrace is now open
Belladonna likes this.
Old 30-06-2015, 12:15

Oh no! Now I have to decide whether to up upstairs with the far reaching views, or on the terrace which I have never actually done!
Old 30-06-2015, 12:24

Upstairs terrace and interior is closed now that the terrace is open

Too hot to walk up those stairs anyway
Belladonna likes this.
Old 30-06-2015, 15:36

Thanks debz, you can tell I don't visit in high season much!
debz1 likes this.
Old 30-06-2015, 16:17

Default Visitor to PP

After those last few posts, and including the bloody fire extinguisher, it's beginning to sound like you've never been there in any season!!! Ha - Ha!
Belladonna likes this.
Old 30-06-2015, 16:23

We visited La Llonja for the first time this visit always meant to but ran out of time

Lovely setting and very nice food but service wasnt so good ! No rolls or appetisers came so when we asked for a roll with our starters appetiser came with it !! We did wait a long time for our mains and had to ask for our deserts after everyone had had theirs and were then on their coffees ! One other table by us had the same problem ! Even though there was a language problem as they were German we did share the same sense of humour as one waiter kept coming out with a tray and looking at everyone and then going back to the kitchen Really made us all laugh It was a bit like Manuel !!

Comfortable place to eat and elsewhere we would have probably got annoyed and they had managed to bring the wine on time !!

Will definately revisit
Old 30-06-2015, 17:43

May I just congratulate Harters on some truly stunning reviews. What with posts featuring photographs and reviews of this detail I'm quite sure I can't compete with that! We are out in three weeks so hope you'll bear with my meagre attempts!! Mind you, part of the trouble is we always end up going to old favourites (and eating old favourites) so it must get a bit repetitive! Will do my best!��
cumberland8 and Stevo66 like this.