Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kate1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2015, 16:17

Default Trencadora, June 2015

What a lovely outside space in which to eat dinner!. The walled garden is just perfect for summer. It makes for a really good evening, even though you’re eating at a pretty much bog standard Italian just like the one near wherever you live.

Pizza was good. Thin, crisp base. Flavoursome tomato sauce. The right balance and quantity of toppings.

I’m a sucker for tiramisu. I keep hoping I’ll come across a good one. But, so often, they’re a let down with not enough oomph from espresso and booze. Well, Trencadora gets it half right – there is a distinct flavour of coffee, but little evidence on booze. I liked it, but the quest for a good one, outside of Italy, continues. Orange cake wasn’t up to much. Not least, as it was a tart, rather than a cake. The pastry was overly thick and claggy. The custard filling was OK,as was the topping of orange slices and shreds of orange peel. One of those plates of food that you get bored with halfway through and can’t bother to finish.
Old 29-06-2015, 19:22

Agree - it is a lovely setting for a meal especially under the pergola listening to the fountain trickling in the background
Old 29-06-2015, 20:22

We used to eat here 10-12 years ago. It was really amazing but I hear it has declined a bit. Shame. It's a lovely setting though.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:54

This place has changed hands a few times over the past 12 years. Current owners are ex Cantonet. They do very reasonable consistently delicious meals in a beautiful setting.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:07

We've been coming here for years. It doesn't quite have the same atmosphere since the delightful waitress (think she's Swedish) left a year or so ago (she's now working in Ca'n Costa). Since then the menu has been changed slightly and some of my favourite dishes (including a great beef stew) have been removed. No lunchtime MDD any more either. We were also a little chagrined in April that the seafood pasta offered to my husband on the specials menu was charged at a rather extortionate 19 Euros - yes, it was good and very fresh, and yes, we should have asked the price before ordering - but given that the other pasta dishes on the main menu are a fraction of that price, it came as a shock. Lesson learned. But we were all pleased with our meals - the pizzas are every bit as good as they used to be, and I particularly love the Trencadora pizza with sobrasada, almonds and honey. As Harters says, it's a joy to be able to eat outside in a garden - although the interior of the building is beautiful too.
littlebird likes this.