Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Harters
  • 1 Post By kate1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2015, 16:10

Default Stay, June 2015

Last time we ate at Stay (2011), we came away thinking it was a place full of pretentious tosh (like the separate menu for bottled water). Neither the food, not the service, was as good as they probably liked to think of themselves. So, it was with some trepidation that we went back. And, thankfully, they’ve obviously had second thoughts. Service, whilst still fairly formal, was relaxed and no longer up its own arse. And the food was bang-on.

A selection of seasonal vegetables come fried in tempura batter – as light and as crisp as you’d want. And there was a decent Romesco sauce to dip them in. Partridge ravioli was the other starter. Well made pasta but perhaps a little too stingy on the filling. But they sat in an excellent mushroom/cream sauce.

For mains, there was a monkfish & prawn kebab. The fish was wrapped in pancetta, or similar, which gave it a lovely smoky, salty balance to the sweetness of the seafood. Big, juicy prawns, of course. On the side, some sauté spuds and a vaery varied “mixed veg” – asparagus, green beans, chard, cauliflower, broccoli, courgette. It was served with a dollop of Romesco and another of alioli. A faultless plate of food.

The other plate was seabass, very simply prepared with olive oil and garlic. It really let the flavour of the fish come through. Boiled potatoes formed the carb with the help to the 5-a-day coming from the same mixed veg .

No desserts. Good coffee.
Stevo66 likes this.
Old 29-06-2015, 22:09

Thanks for another great review, Harters! - did you review Stay back in 2011? - I seem to remember that you did. I don't remember the separate bottled water menu though! - but then they know us by now and would probably only bring us the wine list....We have been going there for more years than I care to mention - yes, it does have its ups and downs, and the food isn't the most creative, but in the last few years they have really cemented their reputation for providing an excellent overall restaurant experience. We are very rarely, if ever, disappointed these days - and I love that some of the waiters have been working there since our first visit in the 1990s - so they're keeping employees as well as customers happy.
debz1 likes this.
Old 29-06-2015, 22:44

Harters - thanks for this and all of your other excellent reviews. I know you aren't a stranger to the area and it is good to see someone prepared to take a fresh look at somewhere that previously did not deliver. Whilst most of the Stay feedback is positive it clearly doesn't push everyone's button. I remember someone saying they didn't like it because the atmosphere was too similar to a cafe, which is fair enough as it does have that aspect. All I can say is I have been there more times than I can remember and never had a bad dining experience.

Last edited by Alcanada; 29-06-2015 at 22:47.