Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Harters
  • 3 Post By mallorcaboy
  • 3 Post By Carter76
  • 1 Post By alcanadakid
  • 1 Post By mallorcaboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2015, 16:09

Default Ca'n Cuarassa, June 2015

For a restaurant that isn’t Italian, there’s quite a lot of Italian and Italianesque dishes on the menu. I suppose it’s the nature of the tourist restaurants that they want to appeal to a wide range of customers and Italian does seem to be Europe’s favourite food.

That said, there was a very Mallorcan seafood “frit” to start. Potatoes & peppers diced finely and fried. Prawns,clams, octopus and squid rings for the seafood. Not greasy as a frit can sometimes be. In fact, it was all very well made. The other starter was a very simple salad of lettuce, lambs lettuce, tomato and carrot and was given a nice cheffy twist by being served up in a Parmesan “basket”.

There was something of a cock-up with one of the main courses. Hake with salsa verde had been ordered but what came was hake with a cream sauce. Do you send it back and a have a situation where she watches me eat and then I watch her eat? Nah. Not if you want to be enjoying dinner together on the first night of your hols. In fact, it was a good dish but, probably not as good as what was ordered. Hake was perfectly cooked – just flaking – served with rice and, perhaps the star of the plate, a selection of roasted vegetables – carrot, courgette, mushroom and aubergine. These were really good – roasted to be almost burnt, there was a intensity to the flavours.

I’m normally fussy about ordering veal in countries where I know there isn’t as high a standard of animal welfare for the calves as in the UK. But, truth be told, I just fancied this. Two thickish slices of calves liver – another bit of faultless cooking with there still being a hint of pink in the meat. The balsamic sauce was lovely – rich, powerful and with just a backnote hint of sweetness. Dauphinoise potatoes and some of the roasted veg to accompany.

As often the case, desserts weren’t anything like as good as the savoury courses. Ice cream felt sort of powdery in the mouth but there was a good cherry sauce to go over it. The restaurant’s take on Sachertorte was OK, but only OK (and, yes, I have eaten the original). There was really excellent coffee to finish.
Belladonna, El Gordo and Mogs like this.
Old 29-06-2015, 20:30

This and Stay are our favourite restaurants in PP. Wifey always has the liver and loves it. She also has tagliatelle and wild mushrooms to start. I normally had salad to start and fillet steak. By this point I had normally had a couple of G&T 's and a bottle of tinto so pudding us a bit of a mystery 😜
debz1, joey36 and Bekki like this.
Old 29-06-2015, 20:56

Definitely our favourite restaurant, although I must say we usually go out of season. Thanks for the write up.
Old 16-07-2015, 16:27

It's often hard to find a restaurant where you can go and enjoy fine food and at the same time happily bring a 5 year old along knowing that all will enjoy the meal! I love the fact that they have the play area for kids which allows time for the others to truely enjoy the meal. Often it can be a compromise between a kid-friendly establishment where the quality of the food may suffer, or a foodie place where kids will be bored thereby sucking the enjoyment out of the meal for all.

I posted a review last year after our first visit to this restaurant, and happily went back again this June. The charm of this spot remained and the quality of the meal was as high as we remember from before. I can't remember the details of the food ordered on the evening, but do remember the satisfaction as each dish was presented and devoured.

The unobtrusive play area was perfect to allow the wee ones of the many families dining there to happily flit between eating and playing, keeping the whole mood of the place relaxed and content. They have managed to find that elusive mix to keep parents and kids happy!
Belladonna, Sparky and alcanadakid like this.
Old 18-07-2015, 08:52

This has been our favourite restaurant for over 10 years. Some places come and go but this has been consistent for all of that time. All the staff are the same and they almost feel like family.
Belladonna likes this.
Old 18-07-2015, 19:55

Booked for June next year and this will be first night for dinner. Come on 2016
PP76 likes this.
Old 19-07-2015, 12:30

After reading all the reviews and after coming to PP for over 20 years decided to try it last night. Must be one of the most beautiful restaurants in the port ( or near it) After the complimentary canapés, I had the minestrone soup, which was unusual in that the vegetables were all diced up really small, Mrs GP had the Turbot ravioli and Lola had the Liver Pate under the table main course was turbot, rice and vegetables with a plate of boiled potatoes on the side. A half carafe of rose, 5 glasses of Cava( should have bought the bottle) total 106 euros. Over all a nice experience, service not at all rushed, and I would go back, maybe for a special occasion as its a bit far out and so many nice places in the port.