Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree142Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2015, 14:02

Default Are the Pizzas at Little Italy any good?

Afternoon all

Had a drink here on our last visit, It was a buzzing atmosphere.
We did say at the time, we would come back and give the Pizzas a go but did not get round to it.

It's on our list for August , Is it worth going or are there nicer Pizzas elsewhere.

Any replies appreciated.
Sean
Sponsored Links
Old 17-06-2015, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyface View Post
Afternoon all

Had a drink here on our last visit, It was a buzzing atmosphere.
We did say at the time, we would come back and give the Pizzas a go but did not get round to it.

It's on our list for August , Is it worth going or are there nicer Pizzas elsewhere.

Any replies appreciated.
Sean

Is the Pope a Catholic ?!? The pizza's are amazing and IMO Liitle Italy is the best location in the Port to eat one. As you already have said the place is buzzing and has loads of atmosphere. You will have to book,probably a couple of days in advance in August, especially if you want an outside table.
its cd, LK1960, Lorenzo and 2 others like this.
Old 17-06-2015, 17:32

Perfect location, wonderful pizzas and the staff great😀
Old 17-06-2015, 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
Perfect location, wonderful pizzas and the staff great😀
I know what you mean about location, but not so perfect if you are on one of the tables placed in the middle of (the narrow part of ) the Pine Walk, with walkers passing either side of the table while you eat an excellent pizza!

If you can't get a decent table at Little Italy, there is always the genuine Italian, La Roc, just round the corner.
CharlieV likes this.
Old 17-06-2015, 19:48

As noted they are excellent. Staff could be a bit cheerier IMO! probably need 3-4 days advance booking at that time of the year, or could always eat them on the beach!
Laroc is very good, best pasta in the resort for me.
CharlieV likes this.
Old 17-06-2015, 21:56

The Pizzas are amazing ..... Some years ago there was a review from I think the Sunday Times where the writer declared they were the best pizzas he had tasted outside Italy

Some of the staff are particularly easy on the eye as well 😄
debz1, LK1960, Lorenzo and 2 others like this.
Old 17-06-2015, 22:27

Rates along with the Illa d'Or terrace as the best located eateries in the port IMO. Perfect for families with young kids, who can watch them play on the beach when they've finished eating. Remember the huge tree with lights in it that the kids used to climb up into?

Pizza - wise, personally I'd rate them as good, without being really outstanding. If truly great pizzas are what you're after then Bella Roma is your place (agIn IMO)
LK1960 likes this.
Old 17-06-2015, 22:45

Default Pizzas great - staff not !!

Pizzas are great but staff can be a miserable bunch IMO. Essential to book your table days in advance and they warn you - if you're a minute late, they'll give your table away - The popularity of the place has made the staff really cocky. In fact they annoy me so much now, that we only ever go for a takeaway pizza which we eat on the beach. Shame.
Old 18-06-2015, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieV View Post
Pizzas are great but staff can be a miserable bunch IMO. Essential to book your table days in advance and they warn you - if you're a minute late, they'll give your table away - The popularity of the place has made the staff really cocky. In fact they annoy me so much now, that we only ever go for a takeaway pizza which we eat on the beach. Shame.
Really? I have only ever found the staff charming and professional
its cd and Lorenzo like this.
Old 18-06-2015, 08:39

Agree most of what has been said, but Laroc is really worth a try. Personally think that I have gotten better pizza there sometimes But Little Italy has a very good location :-)
James likes this.
Old 18-06-2015, 09:01

We haven't eaten there for years but enjoyed it when we did - and location is great.
However, some of the feedback on the forum was a little more mixed last year - http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...tle-italy.html

FWIW - We did really enjoy the pizzas at Casa Vila this year
Tone likes this.
Old 18-06-2015, 09:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieV View Post
I have to agree they have their favorites who they run about after. But they can be rude and off hand to others. I and members of my family have experienced this first hand. Great Pizzas and location but attitude needs an adjustment some times. So for me sorry but its a thumbs down.
Tone likes this.

Last edited by fil6699; 18-06-2015 at 16:18.
Old 18-06-2015, 09:38

Has anyone had a pizza at Manduca since it reopened (if they are still doing pizzas!) as IMO they were the best in the port
Old 18-06-2015, 14:13

Agree with Doogz we had really good pizzas at Casa Vila,will be back in July for Tim to try the seafood one, they are big, plenty of topping.
its cd and Tone like this.
Old 18-06-2015, 15:27

Was NOT impresed with Little Italy at all. They took an age to bring a menu, got all three orders wrong, brought mains before starter's, each person recieved their order seperately with at least five minutes between, so if you were polite and waited until all three of us had our food, before eating, then two peoples meals would have been cold. Staff appalling, service atrocious, as was their demeaner. Never been since and wouldn't reccomend it to anyone. Lovely setting is the only positive comment that I can make.
Tone and CharlieV like this.
Closed Thread