Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Basic review. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/12165-basic-review.html)

Bootledodger 07-06-2015 18:25

Basic review.

5 nights in the port - looking very smart overall, with some lovely new bars/restaurants/hotels eg. Goleta/Romantic/sea bar?/Big Ben etc.

2xBrisa Marina - both excellent, but (bizarrely) had my first paella there (usually only have it once per visit in P.Soller) - but never again - it was quite simply beautiful, the amount of king prawns/crab/muscles was unbelievable, now i know why all the locals go on a Sunday...(their tumbet is lovely too)

El Casinet - very good

Nostalgia - haven't ate there for a number of years, but needed to have something plain-sh, so had a homemade burger - overall meal very good and great value.

Don Corleone - haven't been for a number of years and ended up here due to reasons i won't bore you with - average at very best...young girl serving us was lovely tho'...

Best course i ate on trip (JUST pipping above paella) was lamb i ate in Palma in a restaurant called S'esponja in Jaume III area, unbelievable.

a quick question for Sparky/residents - what happened to the bare chest/bikini ban of people walking down the promenade? it appears to being ignored and certainly not enforced?

lollipop 08-06-2015 13:04

I think that ban was in the playa de palma. Not sure it was island wide.

Sparky 08-06-2015 14:59

Yes i think the same as Lollipop but i thought it only applied to the back streets.

Bootledodger 08-06-2015 16:08

ahh - i see....i thought it included PP's beautiful promenade too - thanks

Georgiebear 08-06-2015 17:40

I wasn't aware of any ban....just returned after a week and most mornings my partner walked with his tshirt off, I have to say he is quite pleasing on the eye but hope he didn't offend anyone, personally bare chested men don't bother me, unless they are in shops, but there's something a bit strange about people walking round in just bikinis. Would be good to know if there is such a ban for next year (sorry to hijack the post!)

debz1 08-06-2015 18:24

I can just about cope with the sight of bare chested men walking along the promenade, although some should really know better :eek: What I find really distasteful is seeing them walking around like it in supermarkets, or eating in restaurants.

That is just wrong :eek:

pollensafan 17-06-2015 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootledodger (Post 103972)

a quick question for Sparky/residents - what happened to the bare chest/bikini ban of people walking down the promenade? it appears to being ignored and certainly not enforced?

Cant speak for others , but I've put a stop to Mrs P doing it. Could no longer put up with dogs barking and children crying.:eek:

varsp 17-06-2015 18:16

Pollensafan, I don't know how you've lived so long, maybe you can run fast !

Roy&Myra 17-06-2015 20:11

Being rather conservative i missed these young ??? Ladies.
Mrs P behaved impecably. Did i spell that right. Or are Leos gin and tonics still maring my vision