Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 09:48

Default A Recent Trip Report

Everything began well last Thursday, having pre-paid parking at Liverpool Airport, the screen on the barrier welcomed me by name and in we went – plenty of spare spaces. Across to the terminal for Speedy Bagdrop and an EasyJet flight on time, in fact arriving ten minutes early at Palma. Could have done without the hen and stag party on board, to be fair, but you have to put up with these things!

Bags were off quickly at Palma and with no queues, we spent no longer than four minutes at the Sixt desk before going across to the car park, to the penetrating dagger gazes of the massive queue at the Goldcar desk! A top of the range Opel Corsa with just 534km on the clock turned out to be a cracking little car.

Drove to PP via Alcudia (for the views!), plenty of parking and off to The Daina rather early to check in, but intending to leave our bags and go for lunch. Not a bit of it….our room was ready early and so just after noon we could be found, fully unpacked, settled in and sitting in the sun at Joker Bar with Bacardi, Beer and the excellent Pa Amb Oli and, as always, greeted by the staff as old friends.

The first evening a wholesome welcome was extended at Brisa Marina where we had a really terrific meal. Shared bread, olives and Iberico Ham to start with and I had the ever excellent Lamb Chops with Peppers and Garlic. A bottle of 2009 Marques de Riscal hit the spot. Finished off with espresso, and Brisa do the finest I’ve ever tasted – they filter the water and there’s no bitterness at all.

Second night we were off to the new C’an Josep. For those worried about the distance, it’s a 5 Euro taxi ride away and well worth the effort. All the staff gave us a great welcome and the view from out table across the bay was stunning. I had the Ham and Mushroom starter and the Fish of the Day – can’t recall what it was, but Josep recommended it and it was a firm, tasty fish, not unlike Monkfish. After the meal, which of course was excellent, Josep gave us a grand tour of the place – it’s vast! There’s space to cater for the largest function, a stage for visiting artists but most impressive were the kitchens! Massive, spotless as you would expect, but with a cool room for preparing the fish and a temperature regulated store for the wine. Mighty impressive!

The following night we were at that perennial favourite, Stay, unsurprisingly eating indoors. The service, ambience and setting was, as always, faultless. Now, I normally go with Menu de Dia but decided to eat off the main menu this time. For starter I had aPartridge Ravioli in Wild Mushroom Sauce. I’m afraid it was more “spot the partridge” and the sauce was massively rich and heavy – too much for me, but the mushrooms were very flavoursome. It reminded me why I like the smaller portions from the set menu. I then had a perfectly cooked Guinea Foul which, to be honest, made up for the starter.

Our penultimate night saw us at El Posito, which seems to me to just get better and better. I had the Seafood Stuffed Peppers, which did not disappoint. My wife and I both had the Roast Suckling Pig. Now, opinions vary as to the best restaurant to eat this dich, but I thing El Posito is right up there with the best. Crackling crackled (which it doesn’t always) and the portion sizes were sensible, unlike some places where you feel put off by the challenge ahead! A recommended Baron de Lay Gran Reserva (their last bottle) was to my taste a very fine wine indeed. As a bonus we bumped into Sparky, with whom I always enjoy a good natter.

So our final night arrived and, surprise, surprise as usual we ate our last meal back at Brisa Marina, which I still think is probably the best value overall in the port, and with a very decently varied menu. Their fresh fish is just terrific and I had the John Dory, which is cooked on the bone and then Francisco fillets it at your table. Absolutely delicious and with another Marques de Riscal, the perfect way to finish our five day break to our favourite place in the world.

The trip to the airport was straightforward, the Sixt car hire return as slick and helpful as ever and the flight back home on time – what a perfect end to a perfect holiday.

It will be July when we next return to PP, all six of the family, and we can’t wait. For now I’m off to pastures new, to visit an old friend who has moved to Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, so a long flight awaits in the morning.

To all fellow PP lovers I offer very best wishes and look forward to you sharing your posts with the rest of us. Bye for now.

Duncan
pollensa, CathB, debz1 and 29 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2015, 09:59
Super Moderator

A great trip report Disorderly, thank you for sharing and it was lovely to see you both again, hasta Julio .
Old 05-05-2015, 10:25

Default Loved It

I just love the detail and it makes my mouth water just reading it .

Have not been to El Posito for a number of years now as we felt rushed for no real reason that we could see so this might be back up there with our favourites again.

Now that we are into May it's great just to be able to say we arriving next month !

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Gp1602 and Tangoman like this.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:30

Yes, a fabulous trip report, and due to the great advertising for El Posito, I will be giving that place some attention when we are over. Sounds like a great menu.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:31

Great trip report, thanks for sharing is good to hear reports from this year now

On island time!!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
I just love the detail and it makes my mouth water just reading it .

Have not been to El Posito for a number of years now as we felt rushed for no real reason that we could see so this might be back up there with our favourites again.

Now that we are into May it's great just to be able to say we arriving next month !

Cheers

Scotslizzy

I don't like being rushed either but all you have to do when you order is ask the waiter to give you a bit of time between courses .
Old 05-05-2015, 11:05

Have to agree about the Brisas and the lamb chops.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:26

Fantastic review! You are so right about the Brisa Marina - it's always our destination for 'first meal' and they do fish better than just about anyone. And coffee - hadn't realised that about the filtered water - that's a good tip.
Old 05-05-2015, 20:46

Thanks for another great report Duncan, we're back out for our annual visit this Saturday and your report has certainly got us in the mood. Never having been to El Posito it's now firmly on our list for visit this trip.

For the first time ever we've not taken Speedy Boarding but reading your report maybe I might regret it. However we have stuck with Sixt for car hire and previous experience was similar to yours - from arrival to keys in hand in less than 5 minutes. Great when queues around stretch across the concourse...

A friend came back Easyjet into Edinburgh on Saturday there - it doesn't leave PMI until 22:30 - and mentioned that the hen and stag do returns really spoilt the flight home. It's almost getting unavoidable now.

Links
Old 08-05-2015, 14:48

[QUOTE=Disorderly;103134]

"Bags were off quickly at Palma......"

Blimey. That must be a first😲

Great report by the way. 6 weeks to go.
Old 01-06-2015, 19:33

Dear Duncan

Another very informative report to give me lots of clues... and still favoring the Marque de Riscal I see! Missed you last year as I was on a couple of cases in Madeira and Alsace France. Chance of a sighting in July this year though maybe? ... I'm out till 21st

Kind regards.....AGATHA
Old 01-06-2015, 23:28

You are indeed to be commended on your rather splendid report on ones comestible intake whilst on vacation.

Thank you Duncan.
Old 02-06-2015, 18:37

How lovely to hear from Agatha! lesser spotted Disorderly can be sighted in Brisa Marina on 18th July, the first day of our holiday, so every chance of running into my favourite detective! As you note, the creatures of habit still frequent Brisa Marina to share the Marquess de Riscall. Hope your cases elsewhere were arresting! Maybe see you in July. Very best wishes. Duncan
Old 03-06-2015, 22:32

I've put that date in my note book. Look out for Hercule and I at a table for two!

Until then, kind regards from your favourite detective - AGATHA
Old 05-06-2015, 13:31

Duncan

We're using SIXT for our forthcoming trip. Have I read your post correctly that their desk is in the terminal building, rather than in the car park (which is where we had to go with whoever it was last trip)?

John