Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Tangoman
  • 1 Post By gemmakate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-05-2015, 19:42

Default Tangoman's Son's trip report.

Just a quick report:-

No 2 son arrived last week, and stayed for 7 days with wife and children aged 4 years and 5 months of age. They were staying at the Playa Mar, which he had last stayed at around 14 years ago, when I was paying the bill.

He found the apartment to be fine, the odd loose light fitting, but if your not going to spend your week at the top of a step ladder, then who cares about light fittings. The apartment he had was great for a view of the pool and nice sunsets. Top floor, so not much noise from apartments next door, or above obviously. They arrived about 6.30 p.m., and decided to eat there on the first night. They then decided not to eat there again during the week - not impressed. Having said that, it was about the only complaint they had reference the apartment complex.

Next night they dined at Tango (Dad insisted), and found it to be great - friendly staff, attentive service, nice owner, and the food was fabulous - he had the Roast Suckling Pig - the photograph will be on our fridge door until we go in September. And great value as well.

During the week they dined at Tango - Great, Centric - super, La Brisas - not so good to go again, Hostal Bahai - superb, and a Tapas Restaurant near to Bahai (cant remember name) where a plate of Tapas was 50 Euro for two people - but what tapas - they looked fabulous.

Shopped for food for apartment at Formentor Stores normally - good selection, but not cheap.

However, with 2 kids and a double buggy, he found the Push into town twice a day (Lunch and Dinner) to be tiring, albeit beautiful views. Also, Sparky had organised the weather to be absolutely scorching - many thanks - which made it more tiring, although that meant the children enjoyed the cooling waters of the pool and the sea much, much more. I think eldest grandaughter can nearly swim now!

All in all, a great week. Would they go back? You bet they would, and are actively planning to go next year already, although I'm not sure my wife and I want to go on a two week babysitting holiday!

In short, we must have brought him up correctly when he was younger, by taking him to PP about 7 times over the years. One thing he did also say was that PP was absolutely rammed full of visitors - no hotel space available anywhere - but that just means it's good. Bring on September for our visit!!
pollensa, Rachel23 and Rockyrobin like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-05-2015, 08:55

How long has the Playa Mar been open now?
We stopped there the year it opened, but because of a misprint in the brochure re the distance to town, an all day shuttle ran to the square, which was brilliant. We returned the following year, but with two young children, one in a pushchair the other wanting a ride on my shoulders, it was a little too far. The following year we stayed at the Ora Playa which was poor in terms of comparing accommodation but far superior for location. Lost count of the number of timed we stopped at the Ora Playa and even back then it was crying out for a refurb - glad to see that is eventually taking place!
Old 21-05-2015, 09:06

You say the Oro Playa is finally getting a refurb - do tell me more. As you say, it probably has one of the best locations in PP, but the quality (or lack of it) of accommodation, etc. lets it down. We also stayed there many years ago, when the boys were young, and as you say, handy for everything - beach, square, everywhere.
Old 21-05-2015, 12:39

I know two of the blocks were done by last year as we have some friends who stayed in the updated rooms and they were quite impressed, having stayed in the older original rooms previously. I am sure I've read that another of the blocks is being done this year, perhap someone on the forum can confirm?
As you say Tangoman; one of the best locations in PP
Old 21-05-2015, 13:27

can confirm when i was in pp at the end of april the block facing tangos was getting totally gutted new windows etc etc , and the main entrance was getting painted
Old 21-05-2015, 14:55

Would that mean that the whole place should be spot on for next year, or later this year then? Because you just mentioned another advantage which that location has - you only have to fall out of bed, and you are in Tango(s)!!!!!!
Old 21-05-2015, 15:29

its even better when you live above tangos !!
Old 21-05-2015, 16:26

You wouldn't happen to have a spare room by any chance????????

B'n'B will be fine. Ha! Ha!
Old 02-06-2015, 09:35

We are currently staying at Oro Playa in a superior (renovated) apartment. There are a couple of blocks left to renovate and the staff told us that the pool area etc will be done this winter. It's fine, and kids are loving the entertainment etc. It's position is fantastic (having stayed at Playa Mar at Easter, the long walk was tiring) all in all, we would reccomemd a superior apartment here. The price was very good too! I expect it will go up once the renovations are finished.
Tangoman likes this.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:14

Thanks for that Gemmakate. One thing you might just check for me is this:-

I looked at several sites yesterday to try to price The Oro Playa for next year, for possibly ourselves, and also some family members. Bookings required for No. 2 son, his wife, and 2 kids was fine, and a price was quoted. Booking required for another family member, lady, with just one child (5 years) was shown as not available for the same dates!! Booking required for 2 adults only, for same dates, was also shown as unavailable.!! Dates were for May 2016, Whit bank holiday 2016 (28th May - 4th Jun), and some August dates. Would be interested inthe reason for this.

Best Regards

Enjoy the rest of your stay, you lucky people.
Old 02-06-2015, 18:43

I tried to book the Oro Playa direct several years ago via their group website. I, like you, got the not available response. I emailed the group and they said that it was because many, if not all, of the rooms are block booked by the package companies and rooms are only sold to Joe Public at a late stage when they are unlikely to sell as a package. Not sure if this is the situation for you but it sounds similar.

Last edited by endhouse; 02-06-2015 at 19:01.