Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   hi, anyone know the menu for Restaurant La Terrassa, illa dor (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/12110-hi-anyone-know-menu-restaurant-la-terrassa-illa-dor.html)

lovelysongbird 13-05-2015 22:32

hi, anyone know the menu for Restaurant La Terrassa, illa dor

we are trying to find the menu, can't find it anywhere online, thought you guys might be able to help

Sparky 13-05-2015 22:56

Just Google it ;).

lovelysongbird 13-05-2015 23:18

er, I already have googled it, as I said!
:rolleyes:

kate1 14-05-2015 00:07

You may well find it isn't available online. One thing I have found is that, compared to the UK, quite a lot of Mallorcan hotels have very basic websites, and a lot of Mallorcan restaurants don't have websites at all - and things like sample menus aren't available. Your best option is probably to give them a call. I did stay at the Illa d'Or a few years ago and it was a fairly standard hotel menu back then - some Mallorcan options, but mostly very standard hotel fare.

debz1 14-05-2015 00:38

If you google hotel Illa d'Or and then click on the heading Gastronomy at the top of the page it brings up both the lunch and dinner menus at La Terrassa

Sparky 14-05-2015 11:55

Here is the email address info@hotelillador.com, they might be able to send you the full menu :).

debz1 14-05-2015 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 103389)
If you google hotel Illa d'Or and then click on the heading Gastronomy at the top of the page it brings up both the lunch and dinner menus at La Terrassa

I posted this last night but when I've looked at the Illa d'Or site again this morning they don't actually show the menus! It just says they do breakfast, snacks, lunches and dinners etc and talks about the chef, but no actually examples of his work! :confused:

You may have better luck if you email the hotel directly as sparky has suggested.

snowy2007 14-05-2015 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 103389)

Quote:

Originally Posted by debz1 (Post 103407)
I posted this last night but when I've looked at the Illa d'Or site again this morning they don't actually show the menus! It just says they do breakfast, snacks, lunches and dinners etc and talks about the chef, but no actually examples of his work! :confused:

You may have better luck if you email the hotel directly as sparky has suggested.

Did we have a nice dinner last night with wine your post was timed at 00:38 or were you dreaming of dinner at the Illa d'Or ?

pinewalker 14-05-2015 22:07

We normally have dinner here at least once, if we're there during the summer months. From memory, not the largest menu, but again that's no bad thing. Perhaps a dozen or so choices in total, good selection of fish/seafood, fillet steak, lamb and possibly a couple of pasta and vegetarian dishes. (I hope that's not too inaccurate)

Also, not cheap and unlike Stay or La Llonja, there are no set menus, probably a 3 course meal without wine would be somewhere in the region of 40 Euros per head.

However, I've always found the food, service and ambience excellent, and the location must be the best in the whole of PP. It's worth booking 2 or 3 days in advance, and to ask for a table on the outside ring, right next to the waters edge.

debz1 15-05-2015 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 103417)
Did we have a nice dinner last night with wine your post was timed at 00:38 or were you dreaming of dinner at the Illa d'Or ?

Yes ...both :)

marilyn 15-05-2015 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelysongbird (Post 103384)
we are trying to find the menu, can't find it anywhere online, thought you guys might be able to help

I have sent you a pm with details of menu (as of today)