Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By PollensaToni

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-2015, 21:49

Default Cantonet.

Wandered up to El Temple this afternoon and there has been a complete transformation to the place by the owners of Cantonet, who are moving into the premises from across the road. It looks as if they have exposed all the original brickwork and it looks fantastic. As we were peering through the window we could see people working away putting the finishing touches to the place .We were invited in to have a look around and it is going to look lovely, especially the terrace at the back which they have extended. The reason they have moved is they were no longer allowed to use the terrace of the church. Although we have had some wonderful meals there over the years the steps were very precarious, and the waiters used to have to cross the road, dodging the mopeds that speed along the tiny little back street

I used to love El Temple and it was sad when it closed but I'm really looking forward to going to Cantonet in its new location. It's always been my favourite restaurant in Pollensa
Sponsored Links
Old 19-03-2015, 21:53
Super Moderator

Sounds lovely and how nice they were to give you a preview, thanks for the update Debz .
Old 05-05-2015, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I used to love El Temple and it was sad when it closed but I'm really looking forward to going to Cantonet in its new location. It's always been my favourite restaurant in Pollensa
wholly agree, any news when the relocated Cantonet will open??

Links
Old 05-05-2015, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
wholly agree, any news when the relocated Cantonet will open??

Should have been up and running for a while now as they were due to open a few days after our visit in March.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:57

Yes Cantonet opened in March. Good news and bad news for previous diners. Good news is that Gulio had kitted out the new place superbly (exactly opposite the old one), the team is still the same and the food better than ever. Added bonus is there is now a terrazza at the rear of the new restaurant which has 60+ chairs.

Now for the bad news. Those that loved summer dining outside the church will be disappointed as Gulio will be using the terrazza for outside dining. The terrazza is lovely though so give it a try.

All the usual restaurants in the Placa Major are now open and trading very briskly. I was at C'an Olesa on Saturday and that and Il Giordino were packed. The mini heatwave over the past week has helped of course.
debz1, Mark, MalcolmS and 2 others like this.
Old 06-05-2015, 21:45

that's great news, look forward to trying the new venue out next week. They must have known about the move for some time as I recall them telling us that they had lost the use of the terrace in front of the church when we were there in May last year. Even then, moving into El Temple was being talked about as an option...

Links