Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Eating out this past week (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/12056-eating-out-past-week.html)

Jimbo the Jambo 25-04-2015 18:25

Eating out this past week

Just home after a very relaxing week in PP.

Tried some old and some new restraunts and our top of the pops were

Very Good Category

1. Can Josep
2. Hells Kitchen
3. Hibiscus
4. Stay
5. Brisa Marina
6. Little Italy

Disappointing Category

7. El Posito

Dreadful Category

8. Pescador at the beginning of the Pine Walk

That should stir some replies.

Jimbo

star81 25-04-2015 20:06

More detail needed !!!

What was good and not good ?

kate1 25-04-2015 20:59

Yes, please tell all! - I was surprised to hear you'd had a disappointing meal at El Posito because that was one of the best meals of our holiday, if not the best.

Jimbo the Jambo 26-04-2015 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 102690)
Yes, please tell all! - I was surprised to hear you'd had a disappointing meal at El Posito because that was one of the best meals of our holiday, if not the best.

Kate,

After telling my wife that this place was highly recommended by forum members we were looking forward to an enjoyable experience.

We both ordered potato and prawn croquets as a starter. In both cases they were hot on the outside and still frozen inside! and no evidence of any prawns. They were replaced and an apology made but by then the damage was done. All in all 80 euros for a total non event of a meal.

I know this will not be the experience others will have but I report things as I find them.

Jimbo

Disorderly 07-05-2015 21:55

You are so right to report it as it is Jimbo. I'm surprised and disappointed that one of our favourite restaurants let you down like that. I do think it's so important to report the negatives as well as the positives.

Personally, I like the format that offers best and worst experiences. Thanks for sharing that with us.

its cd 08-05-2015 11:58

No surprise re the good experiences

Suprised re El Posito

Not suprised Pescadore was dreadful i believe it basically serves reheated food that has been prepared in a large unit somewhere near Alcudia

Looks much better than it did when it was a Dakota but still part of the same chain I understand

martinchip10 10-05-2015 22:43

Do you mean c'an pescador in front of Corb Mari?
I have always had decent food there. Surprised if it reheats food from Alcudia. Where did you hear this from?

Sparky 10-05-2015 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinchip10 (Post 103264)
Do you mean c'an pescador in front of Corb Mari?
I have always had decent food there. Surprised if it reheats food from Alcudia. Where did you hear this from?

It is common knowledge, they have one main kitchen which cooks and chills meals, they are then distributed to the restaurants early in the morning and reheated when ordered :rolleyes:.

kate1 10-05-2015 23:33

To be honest a lot of 'chain' restaurant kitchens do this in the UK - Carluccios, for example, for a number of their dishes - as do a number of others. But why accept this when in PP there are so many lovely independent, family-owned restaurants, who cook everything from scratch?