Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   La Vall (formerly La Roda) (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11741-la-vall-formerly-la-roda.html)

Bracken 07-11-2014 21:05

La Vall (formerly La Roda)

I just walked by La Roda, now under the name La Vall. Very busy.

kate1 08-11-2014 00:32

That's good! - I've been coming out to PP so long that I remember the original La Vall restaurant - which was very good and very traditional - we ate there loads of times and it was always full of locals. So let's hope that market has been recaptured…

Sparky 08-11-2014 11:07

When we walked past late last night they were closing so couldn't see the menu but the new sign says it's a cafe/bar serving tapas and pa amb oli, we will be giving it a try very soon ;).

Bracken 08-11-2014 14:56

Last night was the official opening, today was the first day of business. I just had the menu del dia, three courses plus bread, olives and a couple of glasses of wine (purely for digestion). Nine euros. Food was lovely, friendly service and I have always liked the bright space.

kate1 08-11-2014 16:55

That's excellent news! - I agree, it's a really friendly and welcoming interior and I love the glass all around which is great for people-watching - being a nosy sort of person - it's the next best thing to eating outside. So pleased that they seem to be carrying on where the previous owner left off.

Sparky 09-11-2014 10:41

We popped in for a drink last night, i like the new colour scheme it makes it feel warmer. The chef is youngish and is assisted by the lady cook who worked there before, waiting staff are very welcoming as were the owners. The menu is pretty much the same as before with salads, pa amb oli, homemade burgers and a selection of tapas. We were given 2 small tapas on the house, albondigas and Russian salad and they were very nice :D.
One of the owners and the staff all speak very good English, we left at 9.30pm to go for dinner and it was very quiet, i do hope they are successful because they are very brave to start up a new bar/cafe at this time of year.

Opening hours are 7.30am through til late, closed on Tuesdays.

Nick 09-11-2014 13:26

Sounds like one to try in December. Look forward to it.

pollensafan 09-11-2014 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah (Post 98970)
Sounds like one to try in December. Look forward to it.

You can add , One to try in February as well, As long as they are open.:)

Sparky 10-11-2014 10:41

We sampled the food last night, we both had prawns with avocado to start then for mains i had a homemade burger and Colin had grilled sepia, everything was cooked and presented well, we had a bottle of house white which was very quaffable ;) and the bill was 56€. Once again it was very quiet, just 3 tables but a guy came in for a take-away and a couple of others just had a drink, maybe the word has not got out yet :).