Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   La Botigueta, Pollensa (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11731-la-botigueta-pollensa.html)

kate1 03-11-2014 15:22

La Botigueta, Pollensa

This new bar/tapas restaurant is situated on the corner of the small 'cockerel' square in the old town, just along from Bar Alhambra - it used to be a newsagent/gift shop. It's had a stunning makeover - a mixture of cool modernity with some traditional features to give it character - it's really beautifully designed. Most of the tables are inside but there are a few on the pavement. I believe it is owned and run by the same people as the Pizzeria Obris on the opposite corner - unlike Obris, however, it serves primarily cocktails, as well as a selection of tapas.

Having read the recent Trip Advisor reviews, I was expecting 'the best tapas ever' - and to be honest, they were slightly disappointing - very standard fare, perfectly edible, but nothing like as good as those at Bar Nou or La Fonda. No, the cocktails are what they do best - and these are definitely a reason to return time and time again. I had the cocktail of the week - a lovely, fresh and invigorating lemon daiquiri (for only 4E!) and OH had a vodka martini. He isn't a major cocktail fan and is very fussy about his martinis - and this was truly excellent (and boy, was it strong - you'd only want one or two!). The very friendly lady mixologist (I think also the manager) really knows her stuff and unlike many other cocktail bars, which use ready-made mixes, these are really fresh and prepared before your eyes. There isn't really anywhere like this in Pollensa and it deserves to do well - a very pleasant location to while away an hour or two. An interesting loo as well! - intriguing decor in the most enormous cubicle, complete with chandelier, though if any ladies object to a urinal in the same room (which frankly does make it a little off-putting and possibly slightly stinky - sorry chaps!), you might want to pay a call elsewhere. (Though the loo is only used by one person at a time, I hasten to add!)

They are very welcoming of children by the way, and if you want to order a pizza from Obris they will bring it over - we stuck to tapas, but the pizzas actually looked better. So all in all, a great addition to the old town.

El Gordo 03-11-2014 17:05

Great review Kate.

I smiled :) when I read your comment about the loo....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 98869)
................. .. An interesting loo as well! - intriguing decor in the most enormous cubicle, complete with chandelier, though if any ladies object to a urinal in the same room (which frankly does make it a little off-putting and possibly slightly stinky - sorry chaps!), you might want to pay a call elsewhere. (Though the loo is only used by one person at a time, I hasten to add!) ............

....but would like to point out that its not us chaps that smell but poor design and cleanliness of the fittings is to blame. We complain about it as well!! :eek:

Nick 03-11-2014 18:24

I think I know the place you mean. Passed it in the summer around lunch time thinking it looked a nice place to try but was stunned to find it "closed for lunch"!
Will give it another try though because it did look very smart from outside.

Hopefully they'll open one in PP?