Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-10-2014, 13:08

Default Sep/Oct 2014

This is probably going to be a bit more of a list than a trip report as I’m just going to end up repeating what I included in my previous trip reports:
Anyhoo…..

21 Sep Lunch: O Lume
Bread & Butter > Tapas: Chiperones (Fried baby squid), Frito de Conejo (Frito with Rabbit Liver), Croquetas de la casa (Chicken & seafood croquettes)
3 x Large Beers, 2 x carajillos & chocolates
Bill - around €30

Just the perfect start to the holiday: a warm welcome and a cold beer ….. and some fantastic tapas.

21 Sep Dinner: El Posito
2 x G&T
Bread, Olives & Allioli
Mogs: Marinated anchovies > Fresh tuna
Doogz: Garlic Prawns > Fresh tuna
Bottle of Mar De Frades Albariño + Water
2 x Cafe Solo & 2 x Brandy (+2 on the house)
Bill - around €120

Wonderful to see everyone (especially Lyn & Colin obviously !). Toni was on excellent form and it’s great to see Damian make some small changes to the menu/food: The marinated anchovies were a new dish and very enjoyable, garlic prawns were as good as ever and the fresh tuna was cooked perfectly.

22 Sep Lunch: Bar Rumbo
2 x beer & 2 x Pa Amb Oli (Mixta)
Bill - €18

Grumpy Al was happy to see us and Xisca’s Pa Amb Oli were up to her usual high standards

22 Sep Dinner: Los Faroles
2 x G&T, Bottle of Macià Batle Tinto + Water
Bread, Olives & Allioli
Doogz: Tumbet > Shoulder of Lamb
Mogs: Soller Prawns > Grilled Monkfish
2 Carajillos
2 x Brandy on the house
Bill - around €80

Always surprised this restaurant isn’t mentioned here more often – the food & staff are wonderful and it offers fantastic value for money.

23 Sep Lunch: El Meson
2x beers
Bread, Olives & Allioli
median tapas: Padron Peppers, Albóndigas, Patatas Bravas, Cazón en Adobo (Marinated Fried Fish)
Bill - €24

The discovery from our May holiday – Great tapas and great value – thoroughly recommend the Cazón en Adobo in particular.

23 Sep Dinner: La Roda
4 x Beers
Doogz: Hamburger w. Foie gras
Mogs: Pa Amb Oli w. cuttlefish
2 x carajillos on the house
Bill - around €35

Although Mog’s enjoyed the Pa Amb Oli she felt it wasn’t quite as good as it had been previously but my burger w. foie and apple was fantastic (burger was a little pink – which is what I want with a good homemade burger). We knew the portions are large so avoided starters which was just as well as we struggled to finish the mains – a very cheap night !

24 Sep Lunch: C'an Tofol
2 x beers
Mogs : Pa Amb Oli (Mixta - Iberico ham and cheese)
Doogz: Pa Amb Oli chicken, cheese & onion
2 x Americanos
Bill - €27

We’ve had Pa Amb Oli at a lot of places in the port – and so far C'an Tofol is the best …… worth it for the pickled chilli’s alone.

24 Sep Dinner: O Lume
2 x Champagne Cocktails, Albariño + Water
Bread, Butter > Tuna Trampo amuse-bouche
Mogs: Cambrians (Queen scallops) Flambéd w. bacon > Sea Bass in Martini Sauce > Crepes & Grand Marnier
Doogz: Scallops A La Gallega > Veal Escalopes (Grandma Style) > Fried Milk
2 x Cafe Solo, Chocolates + a brandy & licor 43 on the house
Bill - around €100

We go to O Lume regularly – so we are trying to make an effort to try something new on the menu each holiday – so Mogs tried the Cambrians and I had the Veal…… both were superb (as was everything else).
I do think O Lume is the one restaurant I could happily go to and just stick a pin in the menu and be confident I’d enjoy whatever I’d randomly picked -Perfect food, service and setting – business as usual at O Lume !

25 Sep Lunch: Bonys
2 x beers, 2 x baguettes
Bill - around €13

Fairly basic – but does the job.

25 Sep Dinner: La Llonja
2 x G&T > Bread, Olive Tapanade, tomato
Doogz: Homemade noodles w. truffle sauce > grilled white Fish Fillets with Fennel Sauce
Mogs : Cuttlefish > Salmon in Red Curry Sauce
Vionta Albariño + Water
2 x Cafe Solo, Chocolates & 2 Brandys on the house
Bill - around €100

I must be getting predictable – Miguel was able to guess my choice of starter and wine ……. but I don’t care the truffle noodles are a must for me and if I’m having fish and there’s one available I’m always going to pick an Albariño !
Another good meal.

26 Sep Lunch: Geminis
4 x beers:
Mogs: Pa Amb Oli w. Queso & Jamon
Doogz: Pepito De Lomo
Bill - around €14

Nice welcome back and an excellent cheap lunch.

26 Sep Dinner: La Celtika
Bread/ Green Olive Tapenade
Red Wine (Montenegro) + Water
Mogs: Razor Clams > Sirloin w. Foie Gras > Crepe w. salted caramel sauce
Doogz: Foie Gras w. vanilla sauce > Magret of Duck in Cider Sauce > Crepe w. salted caramel sauce
2 x Cafe Solo
+ 2 Hierbas on the house
Bill - €85

We made an effort to try somewhere new …. and it certainly paid off ! This was definitely the discovery of the September holiday (probably of the year – sorry El Meson)
I think this restaurant has only been open a couple of years – located in what used to be Mollies – and although I haven’t heard too much about it all the feedback I’ve heard has been very positive….and rightly so.
The food was fairly simple (and let me be clear …. that doesn’t mean an idiot like me could have prepared it…. it’s just each dish used excellent ingredients, had a few flavours and was cooked expertly).
The last time I’d had duck (in the UK) it was overcooked and disappointing as a result – having it cooked to pink perfection again was just wonderful. Mogs was just as impressed with her steak.
In general we don’t bother with dessert but Crepe with a salted caramel sauce just sounded like something we had to have …… we nearly had a mishap when ordering as we we’re both having the same thing the waiter thought we may just want to share a portion … fortunately we realised there was some confusion and clarified it before a serious spoon fight broke out (probably just as well as I would have lost). The dessert was amazing …. fortunately as we we’re seated outside, with plenty of people around there wasn’t any plate licking !
It’s a fairly small menu – so I’d expect it’ll only be one visit per holiday but we’re definitely planning to head back here – food was stunning and excellent value at €85 for the quality of the food provided.

Part 2 to follow shortly……
pollensa, CathB, sws97sdg and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 15-10-2014, 13:10

27 Sep Lunch: O Lume
3 x beers
Bread & Butter, Tapas : Chiperones (Fried baby squid), Choriquitos (Small sausages cooked in Galican fire water), Pork Liver w. Onions
Bill - around €35

This was the day of the Alcudia Iron Man event …… so it was a bit of a challenge to cross over c/Juan XXIII but nothing would keep us away from another tapas lunch in the courtyard at O lume (I think I only took out a couple of lycra-clad lunatics on the way across - serves them right for cycling in that heat when there’s beer to be drunk and food to be eaten !)
Again we added a new dish – the pork liver – to our list and again it was wonderful, as were the other dishes.

27 Sep Dinner: El Meson
2 x beers
Tapas Menu #3- Bread, Olives & Allioli > Garlic Prawns, Andalusian Squid, Meatballs, Patatas Bravas, Mahon Cheese w/ tomato bread
Mogs: Poached Pear, Doogz: Vanilla Custard
White Wine (Galician - Ribeiro)
2x Carajillos, 2 coffee liqueurs w.cream (on the house)
Bill - €46

We thought we’d be clever (we really should know our limitations) and avoid the hassle of trying to decide on a selection of tapas by selecting one of the set tapas menus….. but then spent quite a long time trying to decide which of the 3 to go for !
Food was all great as expected – the wine a little different: it was a little cloudy and served very cold but it was really good.

28 Sep Lunch: Bonys
4 x beers, 2 x baguettes
Bill - €19

28 Sep Dinner: El Posito
Bread, Olives & Allioli
Paella Negra
Mogs: Almond Cake w. ice cream
Doogz: Lemon Meringue Pie
Bottle of White Wine (Añares Terra Nova) + Water
2 x Cafe Solo & 2 x Brandy on the house
Bill - around €70

Great food, service and company – everything we’ve come to expect from EP.

29 Sep Lunch: Al Fresco
Baguette, Salad & Quiche
Bill - €13
(+ A bottle of Baron De Ley Reserva from Eroski for around €9)

Baguette and salad we’re prepared freshly – and the quiche warmed for us. Good food & good value (and an excellent effort from Mogs with her Spanish …… I think my only contribution was opening the wine !)

29 Sep Dinner: Los Faroles
2 x G&T, Bottle of Baron De Ley Tinto + Water
Bread, Olives & Allioli
Doogz: Gazpacho > Steak Tournedo Rossini
Mogs: Stuffed Mussels > Cod & Red Peppers
2 Cafe Solo
+ a half bottle of Cava on the house
Bill - around €80

I’m sure I’ve said this in previous trip reports – although their speciality is fish the steak tournedo here is fantastic.
Once again – excellent food, service and value for money.

30 Sep Lunch: Bonys
2 x Beers, 2 x Baguette, 2 x Sangria
Bill - around €18

30 Sep Dinner: La Llonja
2 x MDD: 2 X Tagliatelli w. Broccoli, Walnuts & Gorgonzola sauce> 2 X Calf’s Liver Berlin Style> 2 x Chocolate Swiss Roll w. ice cream
Bottle of Viña Heredad de Segura Viudas + Water
Bill - around €75

Pasta starters were particularly good. Great service and the MDD is v. good value.

1 Oct Lunch:
Bread, Lomo, Cheese w. rosemary + a bottle of Ca'n Vidalet Tinto from Ensenyat Deli in the old town
Bill - around €24

This deli is well worth a visit if you’re in the old town…. very nice food and exceptional wine (expertly opened by me again !)

1 Oct Dinner: O Lume
2 x Champagne Cocktails
Baron De Ley Finca De Monasteria + Water
Bread, Butter > amuse-bouche of tuna pate & tuna moussline
Mogs: Ricotta Ravioli & Truffle Sauce > Cod Al Ajoarriero
Doogz: Beef Carpaccio > Lamb Calderette
2 x Cafe Solo, Chocolates + 2 brandys on the house
Bill - around €100

No new selections this time – all old favourites and all magnificent as usual.
The only disappointment is having to leave without getting to try everything on the menu - eventually we’ll make our way through it !

2 Oct Lunch: C'an Tofol
4 x beers
Mogs: Pa Amb Oli w. Red Pepper & Goats Cheese
Doogz: Pa Amb Oli w. Seasonal Veg + Cheese
Bill - around €24

Great Pa Amb Oli again.

2 Oct Dinner: El Posito
2 x GIN & tonic
Macia Batle Tinto + Water
Bread, Olives & allioli
Mogs: Garlic Prawns > Suckling Pig
Doogz: Cod & Prawn Croquettes > Suckling Pig
2 x Cafe Solos + 2 Hierbas (+ a few on the house)
Bill - around €100

Excellent food, service and company- Sadly the holiday has to come to an end but I can’t think of anywhere better to end it than sitting at the bar at El Posito w. Lyn, Colin and few drinks.

No cyclists were harmed in the making of this trip report (however my liver and waistline have taken a severe battering as usual )
pollensa, CathB, sws97sdg and 4 others like this.
Old 15-10-2014, 13:33
Super Moderator

Another great trip report Doogz, i am impressed that you have done this so quickly and very pleased to hear that there was no more plate licking in public by Mogs . Thanks for posting
Doogz1874 likes this.
Old 15-10-2014, 18:33

Must put El Meson and El Posito on our list of restaurants to visit next week.
CathB likes this.
Old 16-10-2014, 19:03

Just wonderful......AARRGGHH - have to wait until April to follow your recommendations. Great report, thanks.
Old 16-10-2014, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogz1874 View Post
This is probably going to be a bit more of a list than a trip report as I’m just going to end up repeating what I included in my previous trip reports:
Anyhoo…..

21 Sep Lunch: O Lume
Bread & Butter > Tapas: Chiperones (Fried baby squid), Frito de Conejo (Frito with Rabbit Liver), Croquetas de la casa (Chicken & seafood croquettes)
3 x Large Beers, 2 x carajillos & chocolates
Bill - around €30

Just the perfect start to the holiday: a warm welcome and a cold beer ….. and some fantastic tapas.

21 Sep Dinner: El Posito
2 x G&T
Bread, Olives & Allioli
Mogs: Marinated anchovies > Fresh tuna
Doogz: Garlic Prawns > Fresh tuna
Bottle of Mar De Frades Albariño + Water
2 x Cafe Solo & 2 x Brandy (+2 on the house)
Bill - around €120

Wonderful to see everyone (especially Lyn & Colin obviously !). Toni was on excellent form and it’s great to see Damian make some small changes to the menu/food: The marinated anchovies were a new dish and very enjoyable, garlic prawns were as good as ever and the fresh tuna was cooked perfectly.

22 Sep Lunch: Bar Rumbo
2 x beer & 2 x Pa Amb Oli (Mixta)
Bill - €18

Grumpy Al was happy to see us and Xisca’s Pa Amb Oli were up to her usual high standards

22 Sep Dinner: Los Faroles
2 x G&T, Bottle of Macià Batle Tinto + Water
Bread, Olives & Allioli
Doogz: Tumbet > Shoulder of Lamb
Mogs: Soller Prawns > Grilled Monkfish
2 Carajillos
2 x Brandy on the house
Bill - around €80

Always surprised this restaurant isn’t mentioned here more often – the food & staff are wonderful and it offers fantastic value for money.

23 Sep Lunch: El Meson
2x beers
Bread, Olives & Allioli
median tapas: Padron Peppers, Albóndigas, Patatas Bravas, Cazón en Adobo (Marinated Fried Fish)
Bill - €24

The discovery from our May holiday – Great tapas and great value – thoroughly recommend the Cazón en Adobo in particular.

23 Sep Dinner: La Roda
4 x Beers
Doogz: Hamburger w. Foie gras
Mogs: Pa Amb Oli w. cuttlefish
2 x carajillos on the house
Bill - around €35

Although Mog’s enjoyed the Pa Amb Oli she felt it wasn’t quite as good as it had been previously but my burger w. foie and apple was fantastic (burger was a little pink – which is what I want with a good homemade burger). We knew the portions are large so avoided starters which was just as well as we struggled to finish the mains – a very cheap night !

24 Sep Lunch: C'an Tofol
2 x beers
Mogs : Pa Amb Oli (Mixta - Iberico ham and cheese)
Doogz: Pa Amb Oli chicken, cheese & onion
2 x Americanos
Bill - €27

We’ve had Pa Amb Oli at a lot of places in the port – and so far C'an Tofol is the best …… worth it for the pickled chilli’s alone.

24 Sep Dinner: O Lume
2 x Champagne Cocktails, Albariño + Water
Bread, Butter > Tuna Trampo amuse-bouche
Mogs: Cambrians (Queen scallops) Flambéd w. bacon > Sea Bass in Martini Sauce > Crepes & Grand Marnier
Doogz: Scallops A La Gallega > Veal Escalopes (Grandma Style) > Fried Milk
2 x Cafe Solo, Chocolates + a brandy & licor 43 on the house
Bill - around €100

We go to O Lume regularly – so we are trying to make an effort to try something new on the menu each holiday – so Mogs tried the Cambrians and I had the Veal…… both were superb (as was everything else).
I do think O Lume is the one restaurant I could happily go to and just stick a pin in the menu and be confident I’d enjoy whatever I’d randomly picked -Perfect food, service and setting – business as usual at O Lume !

25 Sep Lunch: Bonys
2 x beers, 2 x baguettes
Bill - around €13

Fairly basic – but does the job.

25 Sep Dinner: La Llonja
Doogz: Homemade noodles w. truffle sauce > grilled white Fish Fillets with Fennel Sauce
Mogs : Cuttlefish > Salmon in Red Curry Sauce
Vionta Albariño + Water
Bill - around €100

I must be getting predictable – Miguel was able to guess my choice of starter and wine ……. but I don’t care the truffle noodles are a must for me and if I’m having fish and there’s one available I’m always going to pick an Albariño !
Another good meal.

26 Sep Lunch: Geminis
4 x beers:
Mogs: Pa Amb Oli w. Queso & Jamon
Doogz: Pepito De Lomo
Bill - around €14

Nice welcome back and an excellent cheap lunch.

26 Sep Dinner: La Celtika
Bread/ Green Olive Tapenade
Red Wine (Montenegro) + Water
Mogs: Razor Clams > Sirloin w. Foie Gras > Crepe w. salted caramel sauce
Doogz: Foie Gras w. vanilla sauce > Magret of Duck in Cider Sauce > Crepe w. salted caramel sauce
2 x Cafe Solo
+ 2 Hierbas on the house
Bill - €85

We made an effort to try somewhere new …. and it certainly paid off ! This was definitely the discovery of the September holiday (probably of the year – sorry El Meson)
I think this restaurant has only been open a couple of years – located in what used to be Mollies – and although I haven’t heard too much about it all the feedback I’ve heard has been very positive….and rightly so.
The food was fairly simple (and let me be clear …. that doesn’t mean an idiot like me could have prepared it…. it’s just each dish used excellent ingredients, had a few flavours and was cooked expertly).
The last time I’d had duck (in the UK) it was overcooked and disappointing as a result – having it cooked to pink perfection again was just wonderful. Mogs was just as impressed with her steak.
In general we don’t bother with dessert but Crepe with a salted caramel sauce just sounded like something we had to have …… we nearly had a mishap when ordering as we we’re both having the same thing the waiter thought we may just want to share a portion … fortunately we realised there was some confusion and clarified it before a serious spoon fight broke out (probably just as well as I would have lost). The dessert was amazing …. fortunately as we we’re seated outside, with plenty of people around there wasn’t any plate licking !
It’s a fairly small menu – so I’d expect it’ll only be one visit per holiday but we’re definitely planning to head back here – food was stunning and excellent value at €85 for the quality of the food provided.

Part 2 to follow shortly……
re your report Doogz I can see that the food looked excellent, but I have to say for two people, the prices are horrendous in some of the restaurants, one of which, two beers , bread and olives 18 euros ???? El Posito 120 euros. ?????. My wife and I have not been in PP since SEPT 2012, the prices appear to have shot up since then
cumberland8 likes this.
Old 16-10-2014, 21:48

Don't worry Ronnie.......the prices are not really all that different to when you were last over. We are in the port at the moment and we were in El Posito the other night... 2 starters, 2 mains and one desert with a couple of glasses of wine came to around 64 euros. That has been our most expensive meal since we came with most of them averaging around the 45 euros. In saying that we are not big drinkers, which obviously can add a fair bit onto your bill
Old 17-10-2014, 07:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
re your report Doogz I can see that the food looked excellent, but I have to say for two people, the prices are horrendous in some of the restaurants, one of which, two beers , bread and olives 18 euros ???? El Posito 120 euros. ?????. My wife and I have not been in PP since SEPT 2012, the prices appear to have shot up since then
The price is a little distorted by the booze - 2 G&Ts & (as far as I remember there most expensive bottle of wine) and the brandy was one of the better ones - it must have accounted for at least 35-40% of the total bill. The food also included 3 specials (2x tuna & 1 Prawns) which always bumps up the price a bit. At the same time we had another meal at El Posito for €70 so it's certainly possible to eat more cheaply there (& there is always the €10 MDD at lunchtime too).

I can't find anywhere I mentioned having two beers + bread and olives for €18 - but if I did it must be a mistake ....... it wouldn't have cost that much - but more importantly I'd never have eaten such a small meal !
sws97sdg, Sparky and pollensafan like this.
Old 17-10-2014, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogz1874 View Post
I can't find anywhere I mentioned having two beers + bread and olives for €18 - but if I did it must be a mistake ....... it wouldn't have cost that much - but more importantly I'd never have eaten such a small meal !
Bar Rumbo.....22 September
Old 17-10-2014, 08:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Just had another look for the €18 meal - I think you must mean Bar Rumbo, in which case you've just misunderstood Pa Amb Oli which isn't just bread & olives - it's a sort of open sandwich Mallorcan style and well worth the price
pollensa, Sparky and pollensafan like this.
Old 17-10-2014, 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Bar Rumbo.....22 September
beat me to it !
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 17-10-2014, 08:28

Hi Ronnie, I can assure you that prices have not shot up since 2012. This year I actually said to Mrs P ( Yes I do talk to her sometimes ) that I felt drink prices in a lot of the places seemed to have come down a bit, Especially spirits with mixers
Sparky likes this.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:53

The one place that definitely needs to reduce its prices is the Cappuccino even at peak in the summer it is only half full.
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:05

The €18 was for beer and Pa amb oli which is the rustic mallorcan meal of bread rubbed with fresh tomato and garlic topped with either Serrano ham or cheese or both and is usually about €8 - so €18 euros is very good
pollensa, Doogz1874 and Sparky like this.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:06

sorry Doogz - you posted while I typed