Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Rebirth of the Sol y Mar. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11651-rebirth-sol-y-mar.html)

pollensafan 23-09-2014 09:34

Rebirth of the Sol y Mar.

Well folks, this has to be the find of the holiday. Its now been reopened and is run by 2 brothers. Its in the road leading to the, wait for it,,,,, Pollensa Park hotel and yes I can already hear some of you and groaning and cringing, but if you love good food you'll get passed it, plus after a few minutes you'll forget all about that.
All the tapas is done in house and its as good as the Old Neptune. The steaks are to die for ( B-B-Q), along with chicken and various meat kebabs. I'm drooling just thinking about them. Superbly priced wines and great service from the staff:) Give it a go !!

copper 23-09-2014 09:47

Is this the one just past the 1st Supermarket up from the beach ??

Saw it this year but didnt get around to visiting Had a large wood fire barbecue ? Will definately be giving it a visit next year if its that good !

pollensafan 23-09-2014 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper (Post 98134)
Is this the one just past the 1st Supermarket up from the beach ??

Saw it this year but didnt get around to visiting Had a large wood fire barbecue ? Will definately be giving it a visit next year if its that good !

Hi, Yes it is indeed.

hoopy 31-03-2015 20:09

Was busy yesterday afternoon. Right blast from the past

Sparky 31-03-2015 20:12

And now it is run by Leo and Ana ex El Ancla :D.

hoopy 31-03-2015 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 101811)
And now it is run by Leo and Ana ex El Ancla :D.

Ah!!!!!!

Thats great news will give it a bash next week.

glentobay 07-04-2015 17:28

Our new Bar Ancla!!

Hurrah! We found it! Bernard & his father (I think he's called Oscar?) formerly of Bar Ancla fame, are now to be found at this Sol y Mar. We enjoyed their hospitality this morning for our usual 'cortados y Soberanos'. No sea view but lots of local patrons - always a good sign. "Buena suerte" to them.

glentobay 07-04-2015 17:31

Oops!

Sorry - I think I had the names wrong! Sparky - keep me right here - is it Leo not Bernard? What is his Dad called?

Sparky 07-04-2015 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by glentobay (Post 102067)
Sorry - I think I had the names wrong! Sparky - keep me right here - is it Leo not Bernard? What is his Dad called?

Leo is the boss, his wife Ana does the cooking, her father (short elderly man with very thick spectacles) is called Berni as is Leo and Ana's son who helps out when he is not doing his proper job ;).

glentobay 08-04-2015 05:18

Thank you, Sparky. They used to have a pleasant young lad called Antony helping them before. Hope he has found employment again this season? :)

Sparky 08-04-2015 09:32

Yes, young Antonio is still in the Port and we often see him out with his friends, not sure if he is working yet as most bars/restaurants don't take on a lot of staff until 1st May :D.

Tangoman 08-04-2015 12:25

Sparky

Was that place there many years ago??? Seems to bring back very happy memories!!

John

Sparky 08-04-2015 12:55

Yes, it was one of our favourite bars and we actually used to rent one of the apartments above it for our holidays :D.

pollensafan 09-04-2015 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 102089)
Yes, young Antonio is still in the Port and we often see him out with his friends, not sure if he is working yet as most bars/restaurants don't take on a lot of staff until 1st May :D.

When I spoke to him at the end of last season, he said he had nothing else to replace the job in El Ancla. Shame if he can't find anything because he has the right demeanour for that type of work. It is an art form when done well and very under rated.