Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2010, 14:07

Default Oh no... yet another trip report

Eating out
Saturday 7th Tiberi.
First night is always Tiberi, we turned the corner and the owner and manager saw us and came straight over, both shock our hands welcomed us and asked us how long we were here for, lead us straight to a table much to the annoyance of people waiting. We had tempura vegetables as usual with deep fried camembert and raspberry jam, for mains Thai green curry with coconut rice and I had creamy vegetable crepes all very nice. We had a bottle of Rosado, a few beers coffees all for around 60 Euros. Excellent value and great service, still our favourite restaurant in the port.

Sunday 8th August
La Font Del Gall
We had a very hot walk around the market in Pollensa and a walk up the steps, and decided on lunch in our favourite restaurant in the town. Wife had veggie brunch which looked great and I wished I had gone for that, but I had asparagus salad with warm summer vegetables which was very nice, with 2 beers and 2 orange juices came to 21 Euros.
El Mojito
For dinner we headed to El Mojito in the square our second favourite restaurant in the port, sign of the times, we didn’t have to wait as usual as with everywhere else, less people means less waiting for a table. We had a bottle of Blanc de blancs and for starters gazpacho and melon with port. For main wife had pasta pesto and I had what I had been waiting for all year their Tumbet, last year I reported it was the best plate of food I had eaten so it had a lot to live up to, if anything it was even better this year. With a few beers and coffes the bill came to 51 Euros, great service and good value.

Monday 9th
El Tameralls
We spent the morning on the beach before heading to El Tamaralls the beach bar, we had 2 beers, 2 glasses of Rosado and two pizzas which came to 21 Euros, good value although the pizzas were not as good as previous years.
L’Almirant
In the evening we headed for the new Tapas bar L’Almirant, we had a table right at the front ideal for people watching. They did some good deals but we went for patatas brava, grilled asparagus, pardon peppers, mancahgo and spinach croquetas, and with olives bread, a few beers, a bottle of Rosado and coffees the bill came to 45 Euros, great value again and great food, we will certainly be going back.

Tuesday 10th
Tolos
Another day on the beach before going to Tolos, a great location for people watching and just drinking in the beautiful views of the beach and bay. We had a leisurely lunch of a Chef’s special salad for the wife which was special, full of fruits and a fresh lemon vinaigrette I had gazpacho, followed by 2 four cheese pizzas washed down with a bottle of Macia Batle and a few beers came to 45 Euros, great food and service as usual.
La Font Del Gall
Back to the town for drinks in the square before heading to La Font for our second visit, for starters we had roasted goats cheese tart and mushroom and spinach mousse with parmesan crisps both excellent. Next I had paella with asparagus and wife had creamy spinach strudel both lovely washed down with a bottle of Allor flor wine, a few beers and coffee, 61 Euros. Great food as usual here and a great setting, just hope they are still there next visit.

Wednesday 11th
Restaurant G&G
Another hot day on the beach so we decided to stay there and have a snack, I went to restaurant G&G and had two of their beach bags, A baguette of your choice, chips and a beer, water or soft drink 6 Euros each, great value and very tasty.
Chinese
We always have one Chinese meal when in the port and the one upstairs on the roundabout is our favourite, forgotten the name, someone? Great food here, we had hot hot soup to start followed by vegetable curry, bean curd, noodles and lots of other little dishes, great food but the service was so slow which spoilt it a bit, still as always great value at around 30 Euros, we will try it again next time.

Thursday 12th
We were starting to flag a bit now and we only fancied baguettes so we had two freshly made ones for the Pins baguette shop next to the new Spar on the front, great tasing and great value at 4 Euros each.
Guru
We arranged to go out with MR and Mrs Sparky tonight, so after drinks we headed to Guru, we love it here, the food is good and the service is great. For starters we shared pardon peppers, nachos, spinach croquetas and mozzarella sticks, great. For mains the Sparky’s had comfit of duck with vegetables, wife had Tortellini and I had 7 cheese ravioli in a rich basil sauce. All washed down with a bottle of wine, beer, carajillos and free peach schnapps. We all agreed it was all excellent food and faultless service, the highlight eating out for our week, thanks to Sparky for a brilliant night out, looking forward to the next one.

Friday 13th
Ca n’Olesa
We walked up Puig Maria in the town as we do each year, we love it there, and afterwards we called into the square and after drinks we headed for our second favourite restaurant in the town, Ca n’Olesa. As it was lunch time we tried their MDD, three courses for 16.50 or 13.50 for two courses, which we went for. I had Gazpacho and wife had a salad, I thought portions would be small but both were full sized, and next we both had veggie pizzas. The pizzas here are the best in the town or port, and with a few beers and a final bottle of Macia Batle the bill was 42 Euros, a great way to spend our last afternoon.

So to summarise, as usual excellent food everywhere, quieter that usual and service slow in places, I assume they are cutting back on staff as it is not as busy. So already thinking about next visit and deciding where to try, may try some others next time, but all the above will certainly be visited again.
joey36, carl1955, Lorenzo and 3 others like this.

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 24-08-2010, 19:18

Talking

Agree totally about Can' Olesa. The pimientos de padron are the best Ive tasted there. What are pardon peppers? I assume your English spellcheck has switched letters!
Old 24-08-2010, 19:36

Yes well spotted

On island time!!
Old 24-08-2010, 20:26

Lots of places I've never tried there. Thanks for a great post.

Duncan
Old 24-08-2010, 20:35

Great post SW and whilst I am a total carnivore, I am also quite partial to the veggie option. You definately seem to have had great meals and also at keen prices. A few new dishes on my menu for next visit thanks to you.

regards

Gary
Old 24-08-2010, 23:23

Thanks for posting SWS, like Duncan you have been to a good few places that I have not tried. Must admit I have never fancied Tiberi and El Mojito but may give them a go next time.

I guess you have tracked down the best veggie options in the Port over the years. It is often difficult to find restaurants with a good selection for vegetarians, and who don't think fish is a vegetarian option!!.

Adios

Dave
Old 25-08-2010, 09:51

Thanks you two, yes, years reading menus trying to find something, I was a vegan for 8 years which made it harder, now eating cheese makes it so much easier and there are choices on just about every menu now, in fact more each year.

On island time!!
Old 25-08-2010, 11:49

Great report SWS - thanks for taking the time to post it. I know El Mojito isn't one of the most popular restaurants on the forum, but I had the best veggie paella ever there. Keep saying I'm going to try their tumbet one of these days.

Glad you had such a good holiday.
Old 25-08-2010, 13:07

Thanks LK, yes their veggie paella is good and large as well, try the Tumbet you wont be disappointed I'm sure, I know what you mean about el Mojoto, but I have not had a bad meal there myself.

On island time!!
Old 25-08-2010, 14:40

Super report, its nice to know someone else eats & drinks nearly as much as my family.
Old 25-08-2010, 18:41

Good report Sws, sounds very similar to us, thanks for taking the time.
Old 25-08-2010, 18:48

Thanks Cheryl xxx

On island time!!
Old 04-09-2014, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK1960 View Post
Great report SWS - thanks for taking the time to post it. I know El Mojito isn't one of the most popular restaurants on the forum, but I had the best veggie paella ever there. Keep saying I'm going to try their tumbet one of these days.

Glad you had such a good holiday.
I know this is a old thread but couldn't find any recent ones for El Mojito....now I know sws likes this place as a vegetarian but I have always stayed well clear of it because I recall reading not so good reports so, last Thursday my sister and husband were treating 9 of us for a meal and when she said it was here I didn't know what to think!! I must report that all nine of us were very happy with our meals not one of us were disappointed. Lamb, suckling pig, seafood risotto, sea bass, spaghetti carbonara, pork chops and HUGE hamburgers for some of the kids. It makes a happy evening when everyone is satisfied with their meal. I chose the lamb hoping with all my heart that it would be good as the only place I ever have it is in Coral,...it was absolutely delicious, phew! The service was also very good so won't always walk on by anymore! PS no idea of the Bill!
sws97sdg and LK1960 like this.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:30

Great trip Report Stephen. I do not like El Mojito. Last christmas we saw that they had a hole in the wall where the cats did go in and out as they pleased. And it was a lot of them. They lived inside the restaurant. Know that the owner is very fond of cats, but do not think cats and restaurants belong together?
Nick likes this.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:54

Wow, that was 4 years ago, doesn't time fly!! Still go to most of them except Font del Gall, still miss that one so much!

On island time!!