Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-08-2014, 14:00

Default Info and indian food!

I wouldn't normally want Indian food on Mallorca, but since I live in France and have a 90 minute drive through mountains to find a restaurant, where is the best indian food in the port? I know there are at least a couple of places....
The "big ladies" group arrives at the start of October. Our villa in the old town was lost, courtesy of Villa Parade so we are now staying in the port for the first time in about 25 years!The house, "casa de mar", along the seafront, looks lovely...anyone have any first hand knowledge or info? Really looking forward to the week, and hope(yet again!), to finally get to a forum meet!
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2014, 18:41

Default Has to be Mirch Massala

It can only be Mirch Massala.
Its our Restaurant of choice it is consistently good and great value. We eat there regularly as do all our friends and everybody who comes out to stay with us. All of whom are no strangers to good Indian food . Enjoy
Old 29-08-2014, 20:56

Talking

Thanks! Where is this?
Old 29-08-2014, 21:58

I cannot remember the street the restaurant is on but it is next to Trio restaurant and across the road from the Flora Apartments if that helps
Old 30-08-2014, 07:17

It's on Medico (or Metge) Llopis.
Old 30-08-2014, 08:28

Agree with Fil. Always enjoyed the food at Mirch Massala. The service can be a bit on the slow side at times, but I'm on holiday so that doesn't really matter.
Old 30-08-2014, 10:11

Definitely Mirch Massala great food good price lovely staff, son thought it was great and that really is a complement.
Old 30-08-2014, 17:39

Great food and brilliant service but if you get a take away. Check what you get charged for! We came away with 2 items missing and an extra 1 charged for!
Old 03-09-2014, 15:14

Nostalgia does an excellent chicken bhuna
Old 03-09-2014, 17:57

thanks all. Does anyone have first hand info about our villa....casa del mar.? I think it's well along the front direction Alcudia. Even just does it look nice? Prestige villas managed.
Old 03-09-2014, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teen View Post
thanks all. Does anyone have first hand info about our villa....casa del mar.? I think it's well along the front direction Alcudia. Even just does it look nice? Prestige villas managed.
Teen...
never stayed there - but it isn't that far down the front - i've justed looked on the website, it is just in front of the big Pollensa Park....
Old 03-09-2014, 21:50

Thanks! I can picture that hotel...
Old 16-09-2014, 21:27

I can't understand the good reviews about Mirch Masala or any other indian restaurant in the port. I have never had a good curry in Mallorca !!!. Never good Nan Bread currys too sweet ! Why do they have to put sugar in an "authentic curry "
Old 17-09-2014, 08:17

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolt View Post
I can't understand the good reviews about Mirch Masala or any other indian restaurant in the port. I have never had a good curry in Mallorca !!!. Never good Nan Bread currys too sweet ! Why do they have to put sugar in an "authentic curry "
Hi Carol

I think you could say the same thing about any restaurant!!

As the saying goes "You can satisfy some of thepeople some of the time but........."

Certainly you make some valid points regarding your own taste.

It would be interesting to know when you visited and disliked the nans and sweetness of the curry.

Certainly this restaurant does vary. Over the peak season, the owner comes out of the kitchen to be front of house. The nans do change and also the flavours etc change with the chef.

Most criticism is usually levied at the slow service that we tolerate as we like the food as it is to our taste and is certainly better for us than any other in the port..

Thank you for your comment and looking forward to your reply and other constructive advice.
Sparky and marilyn like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 17-09-2014, 10:51

As I said in my original post, it's a very special treat to have indian food close by.....since moving to thee Alpes maritimes, I've become pretty good at assorted curries and breads, to satisfy our periodic cravings! They aren't bad,so I'm told, but not like a"real" indian meal! I'm looking forward to giving it a go.
Having said that I'll be with my sister in Gateshead for three days before meeting the "big ladies" to fly to palma, so there's no shortage of choice there!