Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   TRIP REPORT: restaurant reviews (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11595-restaurant-reviews.html)

Rondo 25-08-2014 14:44

restaurant reviews

Back from 10 night stay at Pollensa Park. Stayed b and b this year. After large breakfast in morning didn't really feel like proper lunch so just had snacks and drinks afternoons. Mostly stopped at Miramar. Great service,lovely view and drinks reasonable price. Daughter stayed with us for 5 nights.
Tuesday--Trio
Bread,olives and alioli.
Starters---Mussels,mixed salad and spaghetti.
Mains------Pork fillet(pepper sauce),Sea bass and Roast chicken(mushroom sauce)
Desserts---Strawberries(ice cream),Strawberries(orange juice) and Mixed fruit cocktail.
With bottle of Faustino and bottled water it's incredible value for money at 55 euro. Sorry to hear it's closing as it's been our 1st visit every year.
Wednesday---Walked over hills to Cala San Vicente in morning,after market. Stopped at Marinas(overlooking Don Pedro) Brilliant stopover before return journey. We always stop there. 2 x Spanish omelette and salad(wife and daughter shared one) 1 pint fosters and 2 sangria. Bargain at 15.50 euro
Evening----Nico's
Really good menu of the day. 2 x chile con carne and nachos and 1 mixed salad.
Mains----2 x Salmon and wild rice 1 x steak with pepper sauce.
Desserts----1 x lemon meringue pie and 2 coffees. 1 pint beer,2 glasses red wine, 1 x cocktail and bottled water came to 56 euro. Surprised this place doesn't get more good reviews. Would never visit a tex mex at home but the service and quality of food here is excellent.
Thursday------Brisa Marina
What can I say. One of our favourite restaurants. We've visited every year since coming and it never disappoints. Big improvement since upgrading.
Large mixed salad for three with prawns and tuna for starter.
Mains-------Daughter and myself had mixed blind paella for two(best paella I've tasted) and wife had tumbet. Bottle of wine and bottled water---56 euro
Friday------Bar Coral (we've walked past many times but never tried before:what a find) No table when we arrived,but owner made us welcome through back with drinks,bread,olives and alioli until table was available.
I had the shoulder of lamb with roast potatoes and mixed veg(1st try at shoulder of lamb:it was delicious) Wife and daughter shared a mixed tapas and tumbet. Bottle of wine, 1 pint beer,1 pepsi and bottled water 53 euro Will definitely be back next year:will book table next time.
Saturday-------Stay (Daughter's last night and the service and view made it a bit special)
Small canape to start,followed by fillets of mackerel,aubergines and prawns in tempura with curry dip. Fresh taglioni with pesto and Loin of veal with tuna.
Mains-------Beef escalopes in a lovely sauce with potatoes and veg. Roast duckling breast with orange sauce,potatoes and veg. Fillets of hake in light batter with tartar sauce,potatoes and veg.
Desserts------Trio of desserts(Ice cream,fruit and cake) Bottle of wine,litre of water,3 coffees with chocolates a brandy and 2 baileys. Service was outstanding and at 106 euro great value.

Sunday-------O'Lume (Anniversary night) Lovely courtyard setting.
Canape and rolls before starter
For starter I had Padron peppers (large portion of small green peppers with tasty relish) and salad. It was delicious. Followed by small t-bone steak. Bit disappointed with steak. In total contrast to two previous visits it was very fatty and quite tasteless. Wife decided to go for the set menu. It was great value. She had salad with fish fritura starter followed by fillet of sea bass in a lovely sauce,then creme catalan. 3 glasses red wine,bottled water and complimentary brandy 49 euro. As usual the service was excellent and we had a great relaxing evening.
Monday------Ikebana (across from hotel. Saw it recommended so decided to try) We were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and the food was great. We'll definitely try again next year. We both had the menu of the day. Starters were prawn salad and tuna salad----Main courses:: Sword fish steak and lasagne and desserts:: creme caramel and water melon. 2 coffees, bottle red wine and bottled water} 45 euro.
Tuesday------cellar la Parra
Starters: Chicken croquettes and salad :: Mallorcan salad. Mains : Liver mallorcan style,chips and salad :: Pork fillets with pepper sauce,chips and veg. Bottle house red (only 5.50 and really good ) bottled water and 2 coffees. 41 euro. The decor inside is lovely and the entrance to restaurant is quite spectacular. We've been every year and will definitely be back next.
Wednesday-------Nico's (Back for 2nd visit) Just thought we'd give the burgers a try.
I had the Alabama barbeque burger. Wife had Nico's special burger. Both with chips and salad. Brownies,ice cream and cream,1 pint beer ,bottled water and complimentary pina colada---39.80 euro. Great service,as usual.
Thursday-------La L'onja (Last evening) Similar menu layout to stay. thought we'd give it a try.
Starters : 2 x Breaded seasonal veg. with white bean humus.
Mains : Mild lamb curry with rice and nan breads :: Grilled sea bass with capers and anchove butter.
Desserts : Trio of desserts. Bottle of wine,water and 2 coffees. 2 brandies. 63.80 euro. Made mistake of comparing it to Stay,so was a bit disappointed. Service was a bit chaotic. They brought the wrong main courses then came back and took them to proper table, without a word. Arrived later with our food. No apology. Just plates down and walked off. Still,didn't spoil evening. Just showed us how great the service is at Stay. Like night and day.
Well,that's it for another year. Back home tomorrow(I hear It's raining)

Disorderly 25-08-2014 17:03

Terrific report, Rondo. See you share our love of Brisa Marina and enjoyed the Blind Paella as much as we did last Friday evening.

I'm afraid I was outvoted on Cellar La Parra this year - a shame as I think it's quite unique, and great value. Never mind - maybe next time.

Thanks for sharing a great review.