Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 17:35

Default Trip Report (in instalments!)

Arrived yesterday...yeah! Left Liverpool a bit late but arrived in Palma a bit early. Five of us here for week one, six for week two. Walked straight to Sixt office, no queue and hire car sorted in less than five minutes. Join younger son in queue at Record office - five minutes later car number two sorted. Joined the rest of the family at the baggage carrousel just as last bag came off. Plane to car park with bags and two cars in less than 30 mins. Wow! What baggage handlers strike?

Settle in to villa, big shop at Eroski and off for traditional first night at Brisa Marina. The two Franciscos in good form. Shared Stuffed Mussels (not on menu but they will do them for you) Iberico Ham and Chicken Croquettes. Mains if Fillet Steak, Entrecôte, Lamb Chops and two John Dory ( one filleted, one whole). All excellent, particularly the fish which was stunning.

Two bottles of favourite Marquess de Riscal, one 2009 and the other 2008 - marginally preferred the 2009.

Then on to Joker Bar for the usual late night and fabulous service.

Feels like coming home. Love it. C'an Josep tonight.......let you know how that goes.

Duncan
LK1960, El Gordo, Sparky and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2014, 17:46

Ah, Brisa Marina. No arguments from me on that score. One of my all time favourites.

Great news about the Stuffed Mussels. Such a shame they removed the Pigs cheeks from the menu. Loved em.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:08

For a wonderfully paced meal, friendly welcome and fantastic service, C'an Josep is the place to be. I enjoyed the Soup for starters, and Ensalada Bahia (3 types of fish in a salad with mussels, prawns and clams.

The special was another fish three ways, John Dory, Cod and Hake grilled in a tomato based sauce. It was apparently fantastic.

Most of all, though, the warm welcome and relaxing ambience always makes a visit it this restaurant memorable......we shall return!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
............. Such a shame they removed the Pigs cheeks from the menu. Loved em.
I think the pigs opinion may differ!!
sws97sdg likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 11-08-2014, 11:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I think the pigs opinion may differ!!
Must admit that I did have an allergic reaction once after eating them. My skin came up in a rasher, no problem though. The doctor gave me some Oinkment to put on it
Old 13-08-2014, 09:14

Monday night saw us at Stay. At 36.80pp all in with wine, water, coffee and liqueurs this must be a real bargain. A great setting and well-drilled service - more regimented than the smaller owner operated places, but I've never had a complaint about the food. The Cannelloni starters were a success as was the Creak of Fish Soup with Curry ( which is much better than it sounds!). Lamb Steaks (sauce a bit heavy on cream for my taste) Salt Cod and Escudums of Chicken ( a casserole) made a great meal a decent price.

Tuesday, we we're at Eolo (now run by Martin, former owner of La Goleta). The best Iberico Ham in the port to share with mixed tapas (Russian Salad, Chicken Wings! Pork Meatballs, Lamb Fritos, Pork Caserole) was an Bsolutely stunning bargain at 8.89 Euros - enough for three to share (or two greedy ones!). Our mains were a Frito Mallorcan, Frito Marinara! Chicken Escudums and two Lamb Eolo. All delicious! Water, G&Ts, 2 bottles of Marquess de Caceres and desserts brought our bill to a manageable £167 Euros. Do give this a go......it's the same chef as La Goleta and is really good value. Some things have gone from the original La Goleta menu (Chateaubriand) but cheaper things added (pizza). Martin is a lovely guy and deserves to do well. We really enjoyed thus meal.
LK1960 and Sparky like this.
Old 13-08-2014, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
Tuesday, we we're at Eolo (now run by Martin, former owner of La Goleta). The best Iberico Ham in the port to share with mixed tapas (Russian Salad, Chicken Wings! Pork Meatballs, Lamb Fritos, Pork Caserole) was an Bsolutely stunning bargain at 8.89 Euros - enough for three to share (or two greedy ones!). Our mains were a Frito Mallorcan, Frito Marinara! Chicken Escudums and two Lamb Eolo. All delicious! Water, G&Ts, 2 bottles of Marquess de Caceres and desserts brought our bill to a manageable £167 Euros. Do give this a go......it's the same chef as La Goleta and is really good value. Some things have gone from the original La Goleta menu (Chateaubriand) but cheaper things added (pizza). Martin is a lovely guy and deserves to do well. We really enjoyed thus meal.
Good to hear some feedback on how they are doing in the new location ...... but a little sad to hear they no longer do their fantastic chateaubriand . Maybe try and visit for a tapas lunch on our next visit.
Old 15-08-2014, 15:08

So on Wednesday the five of us went to Zarzales, with the usual warm welcome from Yolanda. Sitting in the walled garden is a lovely place to be. There's a lovely eccentricity about the service, and it's certainly not rushed, but always worth waiting for.

We ordered a selection of tapas to share for staters which included a Broad Bean Casserole, Paella, Chicken Croquettes, Garlic Mushrooms with Ham, and Stuffed Peppers. All fantastic. Two of the group couldn't avoid the Roast Suckling Pig which, as ever, was fantastic. Two had the Cod with Sobrosada and Honey, and I had the Grilled John Dory special. All good. My Fish was a touch dry, but more the fish's fault than the cooking. I'm not a great fan off Mallorcan wine, but the carafe of House Red from Binnisalem was excellent and, as you'd expect from Yolanda, had an interesting family story to accompany it.....highly recommended.

Yesterday (Thursday) we went to Restaurant Siller. At £220 Euros this will be our most expensive meal, but I think the best restaurant in the port for quality ambience and cooking. Everything here is excellent. The Fish Soup and Vegetable Soups were amazing, the Pan A'm Oli absolutely superb and an interestingly spicy Fish Tartare got the meal off to a resounding start. For mains there were four Roast Suckling Pigs (joint best in the port?) which were sensibly sized - not too big. I had Courgettes stuffed with a Prawn and Seafood Sauce and came accompanied by two lightly tempurered prawns and tempurered Cougette Flowers, all in a lovely sauce. Totally imaginative, totally delicious. All washed down with two fine bottles of the house recommended Rioja, which was perfect.

We had hoped to visit Siller tonight (Friday) but it was already fully booked -probably due to the Bank Holiday here. So tonight were off to El Posito.

More follows.......... and over a week to go! D
Old 15-08-2014, 15:20
Super Moderator

Hope you have booked for El Posito, it gets very busy on Fridays and tonight Paul McKenna will be there with a party of 18 .

P.S Enjoying reading your reports .
sws97sdg and LK1960 like this.
Old 15-08-2014, 16:18

Are you a clairvoyant now Sparky!
LK1960, Sparky and katsmum like this.

On island time!!
Old 15-08-2014, 17:45
Super Moderator

Insider info mate .
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 15-08-2014, 18:18

Say no more

On island time!!
Old 16-08-2014, 16:16

As I told Sparky (nice to see you again) we did indeed book and enjoyed our joint best meal so far at El Posito. This restaurant is at the top if its game right now and maybe the very best place for authentic Mallorcan cuisine.

The Mussel starters came in the most delicious broth and two of us really enjoyed that. The others shared the Iberico Ham and Squid, which were also fantastic. Two of us enjoyed the Suckling Pig, bursting with flavour. There was an immensely enjoyable John Dory and recommendation of the day, Tuna, perfectly cooked and clearly very fresh. Two bottles of Baron de Lay washed this all down superbly with an Almond Cake and Espressos to finish. Altogether a memorable value for money meal for five at a nudge over 200 Euros. Definitely going back in our second week.

My Daughter in Law arrived today so a repeat visit to C'an Josep beckons tonight. I know we won't be disappointed and a warm welcome awaits.

I've been thinking about the cost of wine in restaurants.... very interesting. A comparison of popular wine prices by restaurant would be eye opening I think. For example, Baron de Lay is commonly 13 Euros in supermarkets and this week we've seen it priced on different Carte de Vinos at 16, 22 and 26 Euros - quite a variation I'm sure you'd agree. A project for anyone?

Bye for now. D
Sparky likes this.
Old 18-08-2014, 00:09

We had a great meal at C'an Josep on Saturday night. For starters we had Tempura Prawns, Squid Rings and Mixed Mushrooms and Ham. All really nice. Mains of Lamb Chops, Entrecôte, Fillet, John Dory were superb. There is a very decent atmosphere at Josep's, not least because the owner tries so very hard to make everyone feel welcome. Our current debate is whether to go a third time before we go home on Saturday?

Tonight (Sunday) we were back at Stay. The menu for the next two days is fantastic. The Fish Soup with Rice that I had was sensational. Others had an Oriental Satay dish that was very nice. Mains of Stuffed Aubergine, Hake (I had that and it was brilliant) and Pork In a Mushroom Sauce with Tagliatelle were all enjoyed. It was a bit cool in the breeze, but blankets were provided to keep the ladies warm......a nice touch. Such good value for money - if you've never been, do try it.

We've booked Zarzales again for tomorrow and then the jury is out for our last four meals. El Posito is a must return visit. El Meson is highly recommended (but we've never been before).

So any recommendations, folks? HELP,

By the way.....Joker Bar is a great place to go for lunch. They do a really superb Pa'amb Oli

We are having a great holiday in PP, as always. I hope any of you out here now are having the same, and those of you at home don't feel too left out.

Best place in the world!

Bye for now. D
LK1960, Sparky and animagic21 like this.

Last edited by Disorderly; 18-08-2014 at 00:12.
Old 18-08-2014, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
We've booked Zarzales again for tomorrow and then the jury is out for our last four meals. El Posito is a must return visit. El Meson is highly recommended (but we've never been before).

So any recommendations, folks? HELP,

By the way.....Joker Bar is a great place to go for lunch. They do a really superb Pa'amb Oli
I know how you feel - so many good restaurants and not enough days
All I can say is on our last trip we had 1 lunch & 1 evening meal at El Meson and it's on our list to re-visit next time.
You would maybe be best to go along for a beer which comes with a small tapa - and if you like that stay for lunch - they have a great selection of Pa amb Oli which are well worth trying.