Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree60Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2014, 18:04

Default Dress code?

Is there a dress code for some of the restaurants, Stay for example? We're out this weekend and we've never eaten there.
Old 18-08-2014, 19:38

Hi Toshie, There is no dress code in Spain regarding restaurants, rather like the States, I have eaten at night in some very good restaurants in Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla and Granada in shorts and T shirts and never any problems and certainly not in they Stay.
cumberland8 and MairiCladach like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 20:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by majprop View Post
Hi Toshie, There is no dress code in Spain regarding restaurants, rather like the States, I have eaten at night in some very good restaurants in Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla and Granada in shorts and T shirts and never any problems and certainly not in they Stay.
Call me old fashioned, but shorts and T shirts are for during the day. I always dress in long trousers, Polo Shirt or nice shirt of an evening
Nick, elljay and annieh like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 20:48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by majprop View Post
I have to disagree. I assume we're talking about evening meals here and I think you would really look out of place in shorts and t-shirt in the likes of Stay, La Llonja, Club Nautica, Los Faroles and many others. Thank goodness we're not like the Americans in that respect.

I can't understand, personally, why you wouldn't like to dress nicely in the evenings. That doesn't have to mean a three piece suit either! Surely part of being on holiday is dressing up in your finest. Appearances in many areas are sadly lacking these days IMHO.
Ronnie, mwc, annieh and 1 others like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshie View Post
Is there a dress code for some of the restaurants, Stay for example? We're out this weekend and we've never eaten there.
Don't think there's a dress code, just common sense
roig cat and MairiCladach like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 21:39

Agree, no dress code! Just wear what you want
Doogz1874 and MairiCladach like this.

On island time!!
Old 18-08-2014, 21:46

Oh dear! We do have some misleading opinions here.

Dress as you wish in PP, Stay and the like included. Whilst I totally agree that it is nice to dress up to go out, it absolutely isn't necessary at Stay. Shorts are very much in evidence and providing you look smart I see no problem.

You are on holiday......ENJOY!!!
pollensa, debz1, Sparky and 6 others like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
Oh dear! We do have some misleading opinions here.

Dress as you wish in PP, Stay and the like included. Whilst I totally agree that it is nice to dress up to go out, it absolutely isn't necessary at Stay. Shorts are very much in evidence and providing you look smart I see no problem.

You are on holiday......ENJOY!!!
I couldn't agree more, Disorderly. You're on holiday for goodness sake.wear what you feel comfortable in. I always dress in smart shorts and smart polo shirt or similar. What with my cycling gear and photo tri-pod etc I don't have room nor the weight allowance for smart long trousers!
cumberland8 and MairiCladach like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 22:51

Perfectly put by Jonsey, and indeed by all those who advise dressing as you wish. Beyond being clean and with body parts appropriately covered, surely part of the whole pleasure of eating/going out on holiday is feeling really comfortable in your own skin, and just enjoy 'being yourself' in whatever garb that may be, especially for the many folk who are expected to dress a certain way for work.
pollensa, debz1, Sparky and 2 others like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 22:55

Smart casual - whatever that means!
debz1, Sparky and pansy potter like this.
Old 18-08-2014, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn View Post
Smart casual - whatever that means!
Very confusing when you see that on an invite
LK1960, Sparky and Rosie34 like this.
Old 19-08-2014, 09:10

I think most people would wear different outfits to what they usually wear during the day obviously - as much for the sake of the clothes as anything else, as day clothes are likely to be scented with suntan lotion and other daytime fragrances! There is no problem with a decent pair of shorts, maybe not really SHORT shorts and a decent top for guys in the evening if its too hot for casual long trousers. I think ladies automatically dress a little more glam in the evening anyway , with a little more bling and a touch of lippy! PP restaurants are pretty relaxed with their views of dress code, and I think you actually can be overdressed if you fancy popping into a sports bar after a dressed up meal at Can Cuarassa or similar! But I doubt anyone would say anything!!
animagic21 and kate1 like this.
Old 19-08-2014, 10:05

I've eaten in far more exclusive restaurants than Stay in the Caribbean, who wouldn't look twice at you if you arrived in smart shorts and a polo shirt.

Obviously you wouldn't turn up in your Budgie Smugglers, a football shirt and flip-flops - but, as has been posted previously, a bit of straightforward common sense goes a long way!
debz1, Belladonna, kate1 and 2 others like this.
Old 19-08-2014, 11:18

Default stay

Visited Stay recently with wife and daughter. Most men around, including myself were wearing smart shorts and shirts. Women tend to dress more for the evening. A nice touch was the waitresses offering blankets around the tables as there was a chilly breeze that evening. You won't be disappointed:It was our favourite restaurant this year. Book early and ask for a waterside table.
Old 19-08-2014, 13:33

The restaurant at the Hotel Daina is the only place I'm aware of that has a specific dress code (long trousers for gents in the evening).
Closed Thread