Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Paella (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11558-paella.html)

Nataliem22 11-08-2014 13:07

Paella

Hi All,

What restaurant in PP does the best Paella?

Thanks

Nat.

Doogz1874 12-08-2014 07:48

It's worth taking a look here:

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...on-paella.html

FWIW - the best I've had have been at El Posito and Los Faroles :)

pollensafan 12-08-2014 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nataliem22 (Post 97223)
Hi All,

Thanks

Nat.

I always find this question strange as its surely a matter of taste. Some, Like the Cellar Para, are full on in your face strong flavours. Whilst others are more delicate, such as Brisa Marina, Los Faroles ect. You pays your money and you takes your choice.:)
One persons best might be another persons worst.

Belladonna 12-08-2014 09:15

Anywhere where they already put in peeled prawns rather than me having to peel them, and none of those pointless crayfish things get my vote! ;)

pollensafan 12-08-2014 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 97252)
Anywhere where they already put in peeled prawns rather than me having to peel them, and none of those pointless crayfish things get my vote! ;)

Ahh, The old crayfish. Much effort needed for very little reward. They have a much better use in the stock pot to give a more intense flavour to the finished dish.:)

Belladonna 12-08-2014 09:58

Along with empty or firmly shut mussel shells!! :rolleyes: In fact, why do I every order a fish paella ~ should stick to a meat one I suppose! ;)

pollensafan 12-08-2014 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 97260)
Along with empty or firmly shut mussel shells!! :rolleyes: In fact, why do I every order a fish paella ~ should stick to a meat one I suppose! ;)

LOL. Hmmm, must admit, after you eliminate all that, there's not a lot left. No, wait a minute. You never mentioned squid :)

Belladonna 12-08-2014 10:15

I love squid! Anyone know who does a squid paella!? :D

Doogz1874 12-08-2014 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 97262)
I love squid! Anyone know who does a squid paella!? :D

Thank goodness you added that I thought I was going to have to suggest a trip back to the 80's for either a Pot Rice or a Vesta Paella :p
Best squid paella I've had was Antonios paella negra at El Posito - still to try the new chef Damiens version but I'm sure Toni will ensure it's up to the usual high EP standards. :)

Belladonna 12-08-2014 12:57

Ah, now then, black rice. All my insecurities and shameful admissions about paellas are being laid bare here! I have never tried any dish with black rice. I am terrified that it will stain the mouth and teeth and I will go around looking like a strange back to front form of an old fashioned jazz singer!! Does it stain? :o

Nataliem22 12-08-2014 13:12

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will be trying a few of these next week! :)

Nat

Sparky 12-08-2014 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 97260)

Bella you could always ask for a "Paella Ciego" (Blind Paella no "bones") ;).

Doogz1874 12-08-2014 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belladonna (Post 97265)
Ah, now then, black rice. All my insecurities and shameful admissions about paellas are being laid bare here! I have never tried any dish with black rice. I am terrified that it will stain the mouth and teeth and I will go around looking like a strange back to front form of an old fashioned jazz singer!! Does it stain? :o

Not your mouth or teeth no :eek:

Bean Counter 12-08-2014 17:34

Blind paella

Yes, following advice on this forum, we ordered paella ciega at Los Faroles last year. We don't claim to be paella experts but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

scouse mark 12-08-2014 19:27

none better

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nataliem22 (Post 97223)
Hi All,

Thanks

Nat.

El ancla every time for me you have to give notice,a lot of locals eat paella there thats good enough for me.