Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Thought I'd share this little nugget from my hol (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11497-thought-id-share-little-nugget-my-hol.html)

Ludacris 25-07-2014 16:41

Thought I'd share this little nugget from my hol

I wonder if this had happened to anyone else. Twice in three days I got bopped on the nut by two flying parasols whilst sat minding my own business having a quiet beer. Once in the Aries Bar and the other at the cafe where the glass bottomed boats drop folk off at Formentor. Both times I didn't get hurt but it could so easily have been a different story.

Imagine going to A&E with a bump on the napper then having to go back a couple of days later! :rolleyes:

fil6699 25-07-2014 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludacris (Post 96669)
I wonder if this had happened to anyone else. Twice in three days I got bopped on the nut by two flying parasols whilst sat minding my own business having a quiet beer. Once in the Aries Bar and the other at the cafe where the glass bottomed boats drop folk off at Formentor. Both times I didn't get hurt but it could so easily have been a different story.

Imagine going to A&E with a bump on the napper then having to go back a couple of days later! :rolleyes:

well that's just Ludicrous take care :) :D

El Gordo 25-07-2014 19:21

Yes Those sudden winds are very strong and can even send tables and chairs spinning....You got to keep a hold of your personals!! :eek:

Millipet 25-07-2014 19:32

Bragging again El Gordo!

debz1 25-07-2014 20:59

Quote:

Occupational hazard of being on the beach as well! I've lost count of the times over the years I narrowly avoided a low flying umbrella ;)

Sparky 25-07-2014 22:25

Not only on the beach, i was cracked on the head a couple of years ago by a shutter while sitting outside the Circulo Cultural. Those Mallorcan winds can be very dangerous :eek::eek:

gers1873 25-07-2014 23:13

Quote:

Twice in three days I got bopped on the nut by two flying parasols

could you please possibly translate for us in west of Scotland that speak proper English LD ta, :p

Belladonna 26-07-2014 09:03

Careful, we are very close to demanding Health and Safety! ;)

Gommar Goffer 26-07-2014 09:54

crikey - it must have been a bloody strong wind to get a parasol from the beach to Aries:eek::D;)

varsp 26-07-2014 15:18

May consider setting up a stall on breezy day's, selling goggles and hard hat's !