Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree17Likes
  • 16 Post By annieh
  • 1 Post By pollensafan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-07-2014, 09:36

Post Trip report 5th-12th July

Enjoyed a lovely relaxing week in PP with very hot weather. Arrived on an earlyish flight and for the first time we had no car as we don't usually visit in July so found the cost higher than we are used to, understandably, and decided we could manage without. So used the ResortHoppa to get to and from PP. All worked well, waited around 30m for another couple's flight to arrive then on the minibus straight to PP. Dropped off at Eolo then a 5m walk trundling our cases to the apartment just behind the market square.
After a quick look round the apartment and change of clothes we were off to our traditional first stop of the holiday, the Miramar, for lovely cold beer, ham and cheese toastie and chips for us both. It has to be done
Our first evening meal was at Guru, as it was the nearest place and, we were tired after an early start of 3am due to having to be at Leeds Bradford airport extra early because of road closures due to the Tour de France in our home town of Harrogate. Had we left home later getting there would have been problematic. However back to Guru.
I had the salmon and prawn skewer with rice, Mr H had a Wasabi pizza, our starter was the bread and olives, and we shared a bottle of wine and some water and I had a fruit skewer with chocolate sauce as dessert. Good tasty food, friendly staff, we like it here and usually visit at least once. Bill was 42 euro.
Back to the Miramar for more beers then home to bed.
Day 2 was Sunday, market day in Pollensa so off we went by bus, 1.50 euro I recall, each way. A nice change from the extortionate bus fares in North Yorkshire for a journey half this distance! Coffee and pastries at Il Giardino were our breakfast, enjoying all the sights smells and sounds of the market and indulging in my favourite holiday pastime of people watching.
A wander round but very hot and crowded so back to PP on the bus and we had a mid afternoon meal at Little Italy. We shared a bruschetta with tomato starter, really tasty and fresh and moreish,then shared a pizza Salami and a salad, with a bottle of Mortitx white wine. All delicious, and that fantastic view to enjoy as well. 41 euro. No evening meal but several drinks at the Miramar to pass the time after a little snooze in the apartment first. And more people watching.
Day 3 we decided to walk down to the Illa D'Or and have a coffee and water and enjoy the views, I think we stopped at Cappuccino on the way also. Beautiful surroundings and views again, but much more expensive. Very good coffee though.
We then had a late lunch at Stay, Mr H had the sausage in curry sauce with chips which for some reason he loves since discovering it last year! I had the tagliatelle with prawns, think we had a bottle of Mortitx Rose and some water, can't remember how much the bill,was but not much. Amazing how the days quickly blur into one another when not doing much at all !
Day 4 was our wedding anniversary so we planned to return to Stay for an evening meal so during the day we went by bus to Alcudia, had lunch at Can Llabres which was just a salad and a toastie with 2 beers, 16.50 euro, nothing to write home about but enough to keep us going until the main event at night. Had a nice walk round the old town then Mr H decided he wanted to walk to the Marina........I think I know the way he said, it's not far........45 minutes of walking later we finally arrived there. We do more lazing around than walking on holiday so that was a bit traumatic and required a sit down and liquid refreshment for a while, looking at the boats etc before the bus back to PP.
Our evening meal at Stay was as usual very good, have lost the receipt so can't remember it all but think we had no starter, but were given the amuse bouche of carrot mousse with a creamy topping, then 3 fillets of fish for me and tagliatelle with prawns for Mr H, followed by almond roll for me and hot raspberries and ice cream for him. Coffee and the usual liqueurs on the house. Again, can't remember what we paid but was reasonable.
Day 5 was Wednesday, market day in PP. As our apartment looked out onto one of the side streets it was busy from 7am with vans arriving! stalls being set up! traders shouting to each other! loved sitting on the balcony and watching it all while Mr H had a lie-in. My usual market partner, my daughter, wasn't with us this time so I was compelled to go round on my own but sadly it wasn't the same and I bought nothing except a bag of bunyols which we had for lunch, hot, crisp and sugary sweet. Another holiday must-have for us. That night I convinced Mr H to try somewhere we haven't been before, Brisas Marina. We have previously stayed in some apartments above there and it always seemed popular and had now had a makeover. I have lost the bill but from memory I had John Dory in prawn sauce which was delicious, and Mr H had chicken in pepper sauce which he ate all of so must have been good. A bottle of wine and some water as well, can't remember what the bill was, about 35 euro. I liked this place and would return, there seemed to be some locals in as well which is a good sign. Staff friendly and attentive.
Day 6 was lunch at Tolo's, spent a few hours there enjoying the sun, coffee, water etc then a tuna salad and onion soup, some beer and wine, 35 euros.
Day 7 was the last day and a long day, as the flight was not until 10pm so we left our cases at Multihire for 5euro each then were free to pass the time unencumbered. It was at this point that we wished we had a car, it was a long time to fill when you know you can't get back into your apartment. However we broke up the day with a final lunch at Little Italy, watching new arrivals pass by and others ready to leave with their luggage, the ever changing world of PP in summer.
The ResortHoppa picked us up from the Eolo on time so that was a very good service and worth the money.
On reflection we didn't eat out as much being just the two of us, every year I try and fail to get Mr H to try new places, he likes what he knows and doesn't want to be disappointed but I feel there are so many other good places we are missing! Suppose I did get him to try one,the Brisas Marina and he said he would go back so that was something; there are so many others on my list, maybe 1 per holiday visit might be possible.
We did go to the yacht club as well for the first time, how nice that was! Always thought it was a members-only place but it's not and we sat out on the decking area facing the pool and enjoyed drinks and coffees.
All in all we had a nice lazy week in the sun with some good food and wine in our favourite holiday place so that can't be bad can it.
sws97sdg, Mark, joey36 and 13 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2014, 09:48
Super Moderator

Lovely trip report Annieh, thanks for sharing it with us .
Old 17-07-2014, 11:30

Sounds like my type of holiday, Annie Agree about Brisa Marina - just hope that it doesnt disappear like so many other 'favourite' ones! I also have to persuade my OH to try a new one each time we go but he is getting better at that now
Old 17-07-2014, 18:22

Sounds like a good trip thanks
Old 18-07-2014, 08:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Sounds like my type of holiday, Annie Agree about Brisa Marina - just hope that it doesnt disappear like so many other 'favourite' ones! I also have to persuade my OH to try a new one each time we go but he is getting better at that now

With the money Juan spent on the extension and new kitchen I would be very surprised if it did.
lollipop likes this.