Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2014, 15:29

Default Tango/Trio

Glad to hear Tango moving back to the port proper (the Trio site I believe) lots of people didn't go because the present sites a bit of a hike without a car and a taxi bumps the price up.great restaurant
Sponsored Links
Old 15-07-2014, 15:39

Yes, I knew they have been thinking about it for a while due to the overheads of being were they are at the moment, though I for one will be gutted not to sit next to that window looking out over the sea & mountains . I would gladly pay the 5 euros taxi fare just for the view never mind everything else.

Last edited by mwc; 15-07-2014 at 15:42.
Old 15-07-2014, 18:33

Does this mean that Trio is going to shut or just move?
Old 15-07-2014, 19:04

That's the best news I've heard in a long time. Please tell us more. Is it definite? When will it happen? What will happen to Trios? etc, etc.
Old 15-07-2014, 19:57
Super Moderator

Yes it is going to happen later this year, i was told by a family member that the owners of Trio are retiring so Manolo and family will be taking over the building .
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 15-07-2014, 20:14

Well this is both good and bad news! Brilliant that Tango are moving back but sad that Trio will be no longerl
Old 15-07-2014, 21:07

Nooooooooooooooooooo Please don't say that Trio is going the same way as all our other favourite restaurants - it's without the best value and food and service with a smile in the port - bar none. (and believe me we have tried most of them) Why is that all our favourite eating places bite the dust - I am so angry
eleanor likes this.
Old 15-07-2014, 22:59
Super Moderator

Rosie please don't be angry, from what i have been told the owners of Trio have decided that the time has come for them to retire, although i don't know them i understand that they have reached an age when they just want to be able to enjoy a few years of relaxation. Lets be honest isn't that what everyone looks forward to after years of hard work.

As Jose (Bonys) says ...."not forever" .
debz1, LK1960, El Gordo and 1 others like this.
Old 16-07-2014, 03:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yes it is going to happen later this year, i was told by a family member that the owners of Trio are retiring so Manolo and family will be taking over the building .
So sad to hear that Trio will be closing and that Tango will be moving....again!!
It will be nice however to have Tango back in the centre of the port again tho. Any idea when this is happening Sparky, as we are not out until October and would normally visit both while we are there.
Old 16-07-2014, 08:04

So trio is going and tango is moving back to the port. There you go, one door closes and another one opens.
debz1 likes this.
Old 16-07-2014, 08:11

Quote:
Rosie please don't be angry, from what i have been told the owners of Trio have decided that the time has come for them to retire, although i don't know them i understand that they have reached an age when they just want to be able to enjoy a few years of relaxation. Lets be honest isn't that what everyone looks forward to after years of hard work.

As Jose (Bonys) says ...."not forever" .
I totally agree Sparky - and they do deserve to enjoy their retirement after so many years of running a successful and popular business - and they are such nice people - I think the lady is Scottish but cant remember her name. She always had time for a quick chat and was always so cheerful and friendly. The staff were all long serving and always had a warm welcome. But I just think its such a shame that the restaurant cant carry on in the same format as Cellar has done - that has passed on through the family and is still as good as ever. I understand that Trio and Tango are connected so I guess that's why Tango is taking over. We used to like Tango when it was in the port but Trio was always our 'comfort' zone - and always our first meal of the holiday, and whenever we couldnt decide where to eat - 'Let's go to Trio'!! ( much the same as Citrus was - which is no more either).
pescador2009 likes this.
Old 16-07-2014, 09:26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
I totally agree Sparky - and they do deserve to enjoy their retirement after so many years of running a successful and popular business - and they are such nice people - I think the lady is Scottish but cant remember her name. She always had time for a quick chat and was always so cheerful and friendly. The staff were all long serving and always had a warm welcome. But I just think its such a shame that the restaurant cant carry on in the same format as Cellar has done - that has passed on through the family and is still as good as ever. I understand that Trio and Tango are connected so I guess that's why Tango is taking over. We used to like Tango when it was in the port but Trio was always our 'comfort' zone - and always our first meal of the holiday, and whenever we couldnt decide where to eat - 'Let's go to Trio'!! ( much the same as Citrus was - which is no more either).
I agree that it's great when restaurants pass down through the family but sometimes the family choose not to carry on and want do their own thing in life, it'a sad but we all have to make our own choices.

I only ate at Trio a couple of times and thought the format was very similar to Tango so maybe it won't be too big a change for you .
El Gordo likes this.
Old 16-07-2014, 09:28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
So sad to hear that Trio will be closing and that Tango will be moving....again!!
It will be nice however to have Tango back in the centre of the port again tho. Any idea when this is happening Sparky, as we are not out until October and would normally visit both while we are there.
I don't know an exact date but was told it will be after the end of the season, so you should hopefully get another visit in October.
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 16-07-2014, 09:29

Kathy and Juan (I think that's right) started with Tots and then opened Tango in the port and then Trio - pretty sure they were at Tots when I first came to PP - so that will be over 40 years ago I think they deserve a rest.
Sparky and Rosie34 like this.
Old 16-07-2014, 10:12

Quote:
I don't know an exact date but was told it will be after the end of the season, so you should hopefully get another visit in October.
Yes I understand it is going to be end of season as Marcos & his partner are expecting twin girls in August, therefore I think they & the family will have enough on their hands already.