Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree21Likes
  • 14 Post By TheFussies
  • 5 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By pollensafan
  • 1 Post By pollensafan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 20:42

Default TheFussies Trip Report 2014

Just back Sunday after our 15 days in the port. Another great holiday with many a good meal and the opportunity to try some new restaurants and bars.

On arrival and in between supermarket sweeps for the apartment Mr & Mrs Fussie decided on the basis of forum comments to give El Meson a try for a late snack/lunch. 3 tapas plates a large(croquetas, peppers du padron and a mixed ham) beer and a Benjamin later we were well satisfied both with quality, quantity and price 20.75 euros. Definitely worth a return visit which was lunch on our last day. Both took the lunch special (veal escalope with chips and salad a bargain at 5 euros) washed down with best beer of the entire holiday (ice cold cruzcampo in a chilled glass) and a glass of Rosado.
First night was cellar la Parra for a paella. Just managed to get in at end of night as it was fully booked for all evening. As usual paella was worth the wait and at 5.50 euros I’m sure the house red was cheaper than last year.

Day 2 The rest of the Fussies arrived, Miss Fussie, FussieSister & Partner plus Little MissFussie. On arrival all treated to lunch at O Lume where we enjoyed 6 tapas various glasses of wine, cava and quite a few beers. At 56 euros I thought that pretty good value for 5 adults and a child.
That evening Mr & Mrs Fussie had the night to themselves and tried Brisa Marina. Not been there for many a year but it was not long before we went back. Mixed grilled fish and a cod ali-oli washed down with a bottle of albarinio plus water 56.70 euros.

Day 3 Los Faroles, another Fussie favourite. All six in attendance Mr Fussie had the shoulder of lamb, others ordered two steaks, and a fish dish. Much wine was drunk and Little Miss Fussie had the run of the place. It was a great night but now can’t recall the cost.

Day 4 Bellaverde for a great vegetarian meal. I had pink fusilli Mrs & MissFussie both expressed delight at their choice of main and we had a bottle of the most expensive wine of the holiday 23 euros. However as we enjoyed the meal so much and total cost was 60 euros I was happy.

Day 5 To La Llonja for Mr & MrsFussie to sample the set menu the cod and potato salad starter was noteworthy, the salmon was rated good by MrsFussie and I was more than happy with the lamb curry. With all the trimmings of the set meal and for a total cost of 63.80 considered good value.

Day 6 Highlight of the week Ruta del Tapeo. Started out as a party of 5 adults and child, ended up as a party of 3! Visited Bellaverde (excellent stayed for another) Bar Rumbo (v.Good) La Roda (v.Good), La Bodiquita (Excellent again stayed for another), Music Bar (last visited so tapas was limited).

Day 7 Another old favourite Can Cuarassa, all the Fussies for the new style set menu. Really good night all the staff came to see Little Miss Fussie sitting at the head of the table. When not eating there was plenty of space for her to play and run around without disturbing any other diners. Total cost 194.20 euros. Like the new concept it worked well for use. Service as always is excellent and a firm Fussie recommendation.

Day 8 Return to Cellar la Parra as Fussie Sister and partner wish to sample the paella. Such a good night I can’t recall what we all had or how much it cost. Again it was packed out and has been mentioned by other forum members booking essential.

Day 9 The arrival of FussieFriends and son for TheFussies Ruby Wedding celebration at O Lume. Why Mr Fussie had to pay for it all beats me but worth it. See other post

Day 10 La Llonja with TheFussie Friends. Meal was good as always but tonight there was a noticeable deterioration in service. It may be a case of Mr FussieFriend altering the set menu exposed the problems of recording orders on a tablet. We had incorrect courses, course arriving before previous course cleared , incorrect drinks order. Problems were corrected but it was not La Llonja usual slick service.

Day 11 Back to Brisa Marina for a paella for FussieFriends son. Up to this point I’d always thought Cellar la Parra’s would take some beating. Well it was easily beaten tonight. This is our new favourite paella establishment.

Day 12 La Celtica – visited last year for crepes and they were delicious. This year decided to give the evening meal a try. Now a word of warning this is a restaurant with a limited menu using only fresh produce all freshly cooked to perfection buy the owner Yann. If seated inside you can watch him cook. The food is outstanding, the turkey pate made by his aunt who has opened Framboise just along the street , go have a look, with bread was amazing, starters of stuffed clams for me and goats cheese salad for Mrs Fussie unbelievable and the cod sobrassada and vegetables out of this world. We finished on pannacota for MrsFussie and Normandy Crepe for me.
MrsFussie doesn’t like goats cheese, she ate the lot, the slad dressing absolutely superb. Initially see seem disappointed when she saw the pannacota with berries. Changed her mind once she tasted it, best ever for depth of flavour. It may seem expensive with a bottle of wine thrown in at 74.90 euros. But easily the best meal of the holiday. It was finished by two amazing complimentary liquers.

Day 13 Ruta del tapeo . TheFussies & FussieFriends visited 8 establishments – Bellaverde this time amazing, Bar Rumbo (excellent), La Roda (v.good especially the small burger), Es Refugi (ok), Bar Juniors (good), La Bodiquita (again excellent), Music Bar (good but limited choice) and finally TyM (v.good). After all that finished off with chips from El Kiosko.

Day 14 Disaster night, places we wanted to go were booked decided to pop into for first time Nostalgia. Mr Fussie had the spicey noodles and Mr FussieFriend the stroganoff and were fine with selection but ladies were disappointed by the Thai curry. Disappointment was not cancelled out by Kenny’s caramel shortcake but it helped. I know this a favourite of many forum members but Thai curry was poor.

Day 15 Last night!! It had to be Stay, set meal for 4 Starters of vegetable soup gazpacho & cannelloni followed by chicken casserole fillet of salt cod and lamb kept everyone happy. Service was a little quick for my liking but maybe staff wanted to get down to the beach party. At 35.60 a head it was just cheaper than La Celtica, for food La Celtical , view Stay.
pollensa, CathB, debz1 and 11 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2014, 21:03

You certainly ate well !

Always like to hear about new places and we found El Meson and Cellar la Parra on our walk to our new morning coffee stop this year but ran out of time to try them so it will have to be next year now ! La Celtika looked interesting but as we go to France a lot we decided not to try it a mistake obviously !

Definately spoilt for choice in PP but also needed to book this year at the end of June for all the Restaurants We are going to Greece later in the year so know we wont be spoilt for choice there !!
Old 09-07-2014, 23:10
Super Moderator

As always another informative trip report from the Fussies, thanks for posting .
Old 10-07-2014, 08:07

Very interesting report Especially the comment on Brisa Marina's paella being better than La Parra! We love Brisa but have never thought of trying Paella there - will do next time
Old 10-07-2014, 12:37

Default Great Report

Love reading about all the different places and costs .Next time need to try some new places but the lure of the familiar has its place as well.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 10-07-2014, 16:12

I would say the Brisas's paella differs in respect of it being a more delicate flavour where as the Cellar Parra is a more in your face flavour. Personally, I love em both, but then I'm just greedy.
Old 10-07-2014, 16:15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
I would say the Brisas's paella differs in respect of it being a more delicate flavour where as the Cellar Parra is a more in your face flavour. Personally, I love em both, but then I'm just greedy.
Who ate all the piellas ? .
Old 10-07-2014, 17:21

Sparky, I doff my proverbial hat to you. Superb. Wish I'd thought of it .
Sparky likes this.
Old 10-07-2014, 19:38

Pollensafan I like both as well and I think you are right regards flavour. We have preferred Cellar la Para for a few years now but if taste comparison repeats next year, preference may change.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFussies View Post
Pollensafan I like both as well and I think you are right regards flavour. We have preferred Cellar la Para for a few years now but if taste comparison repeats next year, preference may change.

Nothing wrong with that, You have to go where your gastronomic juices take you.
Sparky likes this.