Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sws97sdg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 12:33
Super Moderator

Default Naciente.

To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of us coming to live in PP we decided to go somewhere we had not been for many years, so Naciente was our choice and we were glad it was. The indoor dining area is ideal in winter with the log fire in the middle of the room making it really cosy, we didn't want a big meal so we shared 5 different tapas plus bread/olives and alioli all washed down with a bottle of vino blanco, the food was well cooked and presented and the service was friendly and the bill was 40€.
As well as us i counted 22 other diners (mostly locals) so the restaurant seems to be doing quite well . It will close on 18th December until 21st January.
Old 04-12-2011, 17:02

Smile Naciente

I went there a few days ago, again not having been there for years. Good food. Good atmosphere. Good prices. How can you make lamb chops taste so good?

Cheers!

Zapper
Old 04-12-2011, 18:51
Banned

Been there a few times myself. Never heard anyone say a bad word about it. Nice courtyard for the summer and even better(?) inside on a winter's evening with their central fire going !!!

My nearest restaurant as well !!
Old 05-12-2011, 13:09

One of our favourites Lyn. Never had a bad meal at Naciente. Try their pork loin in pepper sauce and their mini-fries with garlic!
Old 05-12-2011, 13:56

Has been one of our favourites for many years. Particularly love their T Bone steak with a bottle of red wine. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
Old 13-12-2011, 18:39

Naciente is always our first meal in Pollensa, the food is simple but first class. I thought everything was done a la plancha but noticed this year that they had mixed fried small fish, tried them and they were fantastic. My son and I had the rib eye, which was not the same as our own cut but, we both agreed, was the tastiest steak of the holiday. Roll on August 2012,

Marilyn. is the TBone on the menu or do you have to ask for a special order? I've also noticed Spanish groups sharing a large hotplate of sizzling meats but haven't seen it on the menu. Has anyone tried it?
Old 13-12-2011, 19:56
Super Moderator

Hector we noticed the locals were having the sizzling meats (lamb and steak) with the mini fries, the smell was lovely. We will try it next time we go .
Old 14-12-2011, 11:13

Hector

Cannot remember if it is on the menu. Jose introduced us to it many years ago. It comes on a sizzling cast iron hotplate so you can finish the cooking to your own taste. We usually share one between us but he is happy to provide 1 and a half T Bones between 2 depending upon your appetite. You should not need to preorder. Just ask for it and enjoy!
Old 17-12-2011, 23:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of us coming to live in PP we decided to go somewhere we had not been for many years, so Naciente was our choice and we were glad it was. The indoor dining area is ideal in winter with the log fire in the middle of the room making it really cosy, we didn't want a big meal so we shared 5 different tapas plus bread/olives and alioli all washed down with a bottle of vino blanco, the food was well cooked and presented and the service was friendly and the bill was 40€.
As well as us i counted 22 other diners (mostly locals) so the restaurant seems to be doing quite well . It will close on 18th December until 21st January.
Sparky,

Nice to hear a good report about Naciente. As you know, We used to visit PP every year, using a friends flat etc. Our first year visit was great, Naciente in particular...a pity about the rest of our yearly visits including visits to "Nasties". Gordon , the owner of the flat we used waxed on about how good the winter meals in wre great, log fire etc. but, all I remember was how the head honcho cow-towed to some smart youg rich things one night and ignored a great deal of his customers, repeated again on several other occaisions, hence my earlier comments(now consigned to oblivion) on this forum.

But, that's life, some you win.

cheers,

jimbo
Old 08-07-2014, 22:36

Default Naciente

We are still in PP for our regular 3 weeks of sun good food and a vino or 3!!
Tonight we went to Naciente. I have to say the setting is lovely and the waitress Malena was very attentive but the rest well!! To say we were under-whelmed is an understatement. It was not good. We shared a salad to start which was so bland and despite the menu saying it was "aromatic" it tasted of nothing until we added balsamic. Not even a tomato or cucumber in sight.
The tapas sounded good but were huge. We thought tapas was meant to be small picks and you could choose a few even between 2. Well they were so huge and with garlic prawns at 17 euros we looked at the rest. It was very bog standard and in the end we had chicken in pepper sauce and pork in the same source. It said with vegetables which turned out to be half a tomato and aubergine! The house Rioja wasn't bad but G & T at 6 euros when it's pre poured was not good. Needless to say we will not be going back.

We have had some fabulous meals in the last couple of weeks notably at Can Josep, O'Lume, Hells Kitchen to name but 3. The first named is superb and I think when we go for our last night on Sunday it will be our 5th visit in 3 weeks. Well done Josep, Lucy and the team. Keep it up!!
Old 08-07-2014, 23:26
Super Moderator

I have to say we were less impressed on a later visit some 3 years ago and have not been back since .
Old 09-07-2014, 08:57

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfaholics View Post
We are still in PP for our regular 3 weeks of sun good food and a vino or 3!!
Tonight we went to Naciente. I have to say the setting is lovely and the waitress Malena was very attentive but the rest well!! To say we were under-whelmed is an understatement. It was not good. We shared a salad to start which was so bland and despite the menu saying it was "aromatic" it tasted of nothing until we added balsamic. Not even a tomato or cucumber in sight.
The tapas sounded good but were huge. We thought tapas was meant to be small picks and you could choose a few even between 2. Well they were so huge and with garlic prawns at 17 euros we looked at the rest. It was very bog standard and in the end we had chicken in pepper sauce and pork in the same source. It said with vegetables which turned out to be half a tomato and aubergine! The house Rioja wasn't bad but G & T at 6 euros when it's pre poured was not good. Needless to say we will not be going back.

We have had some fabulous meals in the last couple of weeks notably at Can Josep, O'Lume, Hells Kitchen to name but 3. The first named is superb and I think when we go for our last night on Sunday it will be our 5th visit in 3 weeks. Well done Josep, Lucy and the team. Keep it up!!
Have to agree, we were the same, drinks pre poured could not taste Bacardi (only place this happened in 17 nights of great eating out). Alarming that they admitted when questioned that if you order Lamb Chops for one they are cooked differently than if you order for two (chops were pale and insipid those cooked on stone looked great). Also, my pet hate frozen chips and tapa starter cooked in tap water .
Old 09-07-2014, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I have to say we were less impressed on a later visit some 3 years ago and have not been back since .
Geez Sparky if my maths is right that will be 6 years in December!!

On island time!!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:46
Super Moderator

Yes SWS it will be .
Old 09-07-2014, 10:16

Wow! Doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourselves
Sparky likes this.

On island time!!