Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2014, 12:05

Default La Rosa Blanca

Can anyone tell me anything about La Rosa Blanca these days? I have just discovered (how I missed this when we booked, I have no idea) that our apartment is in the same block as it. So, busy, quiet, friendly, noisy etc? What can we expect? xx
Sponsored Links
Old 18-06-2014, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about La Rosa Blanca these days? I have just discovered (how I missed this when we booked, I have no idea) that our apartment is in the same block as it. So, busy, quiet, friendly, noisy etc? What can we expect? xx
I tend to drive that way into the Port, and it always seems very quiet there.

My guess would be that most of the customers are likely to guests from the Habitat apartments across the road as the location is isolated away from the centre of PP. (It is a 15-20 minute walk to the main square and Pine Walk)

I cannot comment on if it is busy or friendly, as I have only ever driven past, but my guess would be not to worry too much.
Old 18-06-2014, 17:31

Thank you. And oh no, I'm not too worried - unless it was bangin' techno music all day while I'm trying to chillax

It would actually be nice if it ends up being somewhere we can go for a little drink or a snack while we're there
Old 18-06-2014, 17:40

Littlebird, I think you will be fine - have driven past there many, many times, at different times of day and night, and didn't notice any music at all - I think music probably wouldn't be permitted as it is a primarily residential area.
littlebird likes this.
Old 18-06-2014, 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebird View Post
Thank you. And oh no, I'm not too worried - unless it was bangin' techno music all day while I'm trying to chillax

It would actually be nice if it ends up being somewhere we can go for a little drink or a snack while we're there
I think that you can probably relax on that one. That said, they could be planning to relaunch as PP's answer to BCM!
littlebird likes this.
Old 18-06-2014, 18:10

Haha! God forbid! I'm far too old for that nonsense
Old 18-06-2014, 18:27

Lovely spot very quiet.I do not frequent the Rosa Blanca but the Aries bar next door is a great little majorcan bar run by Rafa.Love going there after a day out and about for a couple of beers.Their food is good also and not expensive.
littlebird likes this.
Old 18-06-2014, 22:08

Bob and Ellie still own this snd they have been there for many years. Was always a favorite place when our kids were young. They do show sport, and have music which can be a little loud sometimes but nothing to spoil your trip i am sure. Pop in and see them, there is always a friendly welcome.
littlebird likes this.
Old 18-06-2014, 22:08

Fantastic! We might never get out of Gommar!
Old 19-06-2014, 09:39

Hi Littlebird - I have an apartment just around the corner and have been using the Rosa Blanca in it's many guises for decades.

Bob and Ellie are a lovely couple and very friendly. They do have karaoke sometimes and John Lynham plays there on a Thursday from memory. They can be open till 3 in the morning sometimes but it is not generally noisy!

There is a great pool out the back for chilling out around during the day - you just need to buy the occasional drink/ice cream

The Spar minimart is useful but a bit pricy.

Aries bar is good for well priced food - I like it for an early morning coffee and reading the paper.

There is also a new Italian restaurant round the corner called The Hideaway - not the cheapest but good food and nice decor for something a little more special!
Sparky and littlebird like this.
Old 19-06-2014, 10:07
Super Moderator

Just to point out that the "Hideaway" has now been renamed "Stefanos" .
lollipop and littlebird like this.
Old 19-06-2014, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Hi Littlebird - I have an apartment just around the corner and have been using the Rosa Blanca in it's many guises for decades.

Bob and Ellie are a lovely couple and very friendly. They do have karaoke sometimes and John Lynham plays there on a Thursday from memory. They can be open till 3 in the morning sometimes but it is not generally noisy!

There is a great pool out the back for chilling out around during the day - you just need to buy the occasional drink/ice cream

The Spar minimart is useful but a bit pricy.

Aries bar is good for well priced food - I like it for an early morning coffee and reading the paper.

There is also a new Italian restaurant round the corner called The Hideaway - not the cheapest but good food and nice decor for something a little more special!
Thanks so much GG. We can handle a bit of music on an evening - I'd actually be more concerned if it was mega loud in the day.

It all sounds great and very handy - we'll probably be regulars by the end of the week!
Old 22-06-2014, 08:25

I was there last year and this year we are in the Las Golondrinas complex right behind the bar. It was pretty quiet the night we were there so I wouldn't be too concerned. When are you going, we'll be there from the 8th July, can't wait now :-)
Sparky and littlebird like this.
Old 22-06-2014, 22:38

We get there on the 12th. Can't wait!
Sparky likes this.
Old 23-06-2014, 10:40

Sorry Sparky - I have know it for so long as the Hideaway it is going to take ages to get used to the new name of Stephano's
Sparky and eleanor like this.