Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree31Likes
  • 16 Post By Rosie34
  • 1 Post By animagic21
  • 5 Post By Rosie34
  • 2 Post By El Gordo
  • 2 Post By Ludacris
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 3 Post By sleepyboaby
  • 1 Post By Nick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2014, 21:24

Default What we did on our holidays

We arrived on 29 May and had booked our car with Avis – only to find that they ‘had run out of cars’ according to the people in front of us in the short queue. After quite a lengthy wait we were allocated a Nissan Micra 4- door (as requested) and found it was a clean new car with not much mileage on the clock – but with a sticker on the back saying it was rented from OK Cars!! But it was a great little car – clean and lively – so after the initial ‘panic’ was no problem.

I had been keeping an eye on the PP weather forecast for the last week or so before travelling and according to that, it was going to be cloudy with rain every day. So (remembering a time when we couldn’t go out due to the heavy rain and inappropriate footwear) I wore my boots so of course this guaranteed that the heatwave would start the day after we arrived and never before at the at time of year have we need the fan at night – so it was either blowing on top or sweltering under the lightweight duvet!! But – NOT complaining at all.

Right – on to the important aspects like eating etc:

As we were in the countryside with lovely warm evenings we did have a few bbq’s

The first night – since we had been up since 3am we ate in at our lovely countryside villa – perfect.

Then after a very short discussion, the decision on our first meal out was easy – Trio!! Friendly welcome and usual excellent meal – best warm rolls and alioli in the port, best value 3 course meal with wine etc (Beef medallions perfectly cooked and OH had their fish and chips (?)) Came to about 36 euros. Great start to the eating part of the holiday.

We booked a table at Il Giardino in Pollensa for Sunday evening and had a nice meal – Bruschetta (excellent) then Aubergine rigatoni with mozarella and he had Spag Marinara – but I was disappointed that they have changed their menu so my favourite of Tortellini Romantica was not on. And there wasn’t really anything else I fancied. So the meal was okay and came to 57euros but we shan’t be rushing back and will try Numero Ocho for a ‘square’ meal next time as we had a quick look at their menu after a morning coffee at Juma.

So we had booked at table at Cellar La Parra for Tuesday and had pre-ordered the Veg Paella – absolutely delicious!!! With wine, water, coffee, etc a whopping 26 euros (Giardino – eat your heart out!). And of course, there was a constant stream of people coming in who had not booked and being turned away – so really advisable to book.

We booked again for our last night and had a delicious meal again – the best Frito Mallorquin I have ever had – shared as a starter. Then I had pork loins (3 of them – perfectly cooked and tender as anything) and OH had the lamb cutlets – also perfect. With the usual bread/olives/alioli wine water coffee etc it came to about 38 euros!

Another trip to Trio for another Great meal – he had the Langoustines in garlic to start and I had the Tomato/Mozarella starter, then he had the Salmon and I had the pork medallions – all excellent and perfectly cooked. Again about 36 euros including my half bottle of wine and his water and coffee and the puds as well. This has to be the most consistently good value restaurant in the port.

We gave Nostalgia a go one night – only because Kenny is the chef there. I intended to have one of his perfect steaks, but as I had eaten too much at lunchtime, I had to settle for Chicken Tempura to start and a Chicken Caesar salad – delicious. OH had Prawn tempura and Chicken in a mustard sauce. Both were very good although we are not keen on the setting – we had booked a table outside but when we got there, our table was pushed right up against the next one with 4 people on it, so we ate inside. The bill was about 40 euros – but missed the Maureen ‘Citrus - on the house’ special Cointreaus!!!

Then, after all the good reviews re Los Faroles we thought we would give them a try. So he had the Garlic Prawns which he said were good but not as good as Trio and I had the Avocado/Prawns which was very substantial and quite filling! He had the Sea Bass and I had the Lomo con Col which was ok but far, far too salty and not the best I have had. So the meal was okay but nothing special. 58 euros.

Then we couldn’t go to PP without a visit to Brisa Marina!! OH had the Whitebait to start and I had a lovely (just the right size) mixed salad followed by Chicken in Mushroom sauce and he had the John Dory – both excellent. I had Tiramisu and he had coffee. Including wine, water etc 38 euros – excellent value.

We had a lovely lunch one day at Capri – our usual - Trampo for him and Prawn/Avocado salad for me – such a lovely setting right on the edge of the sea – with the accompanying breeze of course!
As Malcolm mentioned in his report, we also noticed a much higher police presence in both the port and the old town, which is quite reassuring really.

We felt we really ought to get up and go for a drive somewhere (just got so lazy!) so we had a run to Alaro – I wanted to see the square where the webcam used to be – and it didn’t disappoint. It is such a pretty tranquil place and we had an afternoon coffee etc there as they were just setting up the tables etc for the evening. We will certainly go back next time for lunch and a drive to the castle – we didn’t have time this trip. Then drove back to PP through the mountains and were relieved not to meet any coaches on the way!!

Also there is now a sort of Chinese run emporium where the old Syp used to be and it’s like an Aladdin’s Cave! Certainly worth a wander round if you have the odd half hour to spare. There is some ‘tat’ but it’s also got loads of really useful things at great prices – as I had broken my sunglasses I got a really lovely new pair there for less than 4 euros and also a pair of floaty cotton palazzo pants for 10euros. They seem to sell everything from rocking chairs to personal massagers and all things in between.

Have to say that we have never had such hot weather in early June, and although its no problem during the day with lots of shade to read and relax in and pool to cool off, the nights were a problem – but I think I could cope with them right now – just to be back in PP. Each time we go it gets harder to leave - just love the place.

We will have to miss our October trip this year (first time in I don’t know how many years we have not been in October) so now looking forward to next year (I have already enquired re an apartment in PP for October 2015!!!)
LK1960, joey36, El Gordo and 13 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-06-2014, 21:59

Great report, Rosie! I so wish I was in PP right now…

Just a word of warning re. the Chinese emporium - they do indeed have some great bargains (my daughters got lookey-likey 'Crocs' for the beach at a fraction of what they cost in the Port) - but they have a policy of strictly no returns - we also bought a foot-pump to blow up a beach inflatable which fell apart the first time we used it, but they wouldn't take it back - so do take care where more expensive items are concerned.
Old 17-06-2014, 22:20

Great trip report! Will def try Trio when we arrive in a couple of weeks. What an amazing memory re all your daily meals etc!
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 17-06-2014, 22:56
Super Moderator

Thanks Rosie for a great trip report .
Old 18-06-2014, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate1 View Post
Great report, Rosie! I so wish I was in PP right now…

Just a word of warning re. the Chinese emporium - they do indeed have some great bargains (my daughters got lookey-likey 'Crocs' for the beach at a fraction of what they cost in the Port) - but they have a policy of strictly no returns - we also bought a foot-pump to blow up a beach inflatable which fell apart the first time we used it, but they wouldn't take it back - so do take care where more expensive items are concerned.
Totally agree Kate - you have to take the place at face value and be selective but I just found it so fascinating as there were just so many weird and wonderful things We had a look at the one in the port as well but the Syp one was like Harvey Nichols compared to that one One aisle was just full of plastic figurines - one of a grinning pope - you just cannot believe that anybody would actually buy these things - but great for a bit of entertainment out of the sun
CathB, Sparky, animagic21 and 2 others like this.
Old 18-06-2014, 20:13

Great Trip Report Rosie.

Easy to read, especially loved the paragraphs!!
Sparky and Rosie34 like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 22-06-2014, 08:30

Thanks for your report, some really good tips.

We went AI at the Pollensa Park last year but this year we are in an SC apartment so will be dipping into the local cuisine from time to time.
lollipop and Nick like this.
Old 22-06-2014, 09:32
Banned

And I think you will have a lot more pleasurable experience by doing so.

Two weeks eating the same food repeated in week two looking at the same people at the same tables, no thanks!
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 22-06-2014, 09:58

Due to a tight budjet this year we have went half board.So we will only have half a day eating the same food looking at the same people
Rosie34, Nick and cumberland8 like this.
Old 22-06-2014, 10:04

Sorry budget
Old 22-06-2014, 13:07
Banned

V funny sb.

Nowt atall wrong with the AI as I've said before, have done it myself. Just think that PP has so many eateries for all budgets and tastes and that is what it's mainly geared to. It's nice to have lots of self catering apartments and villas let out.
Rosie34 likes this.