Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 16:40

Default La Llonja

Visited La Llonja last night, booked at table upstairs outside, only one starter for mrs mwc who had shrimp soup, said it was very nice, for main senior mwc had sirloin steak, which he said was the best he had eaten so far, junior mwc had cod in garlic sauce, which he loved, I had a little taste & must say it was very good & a really large piece of cod. Mrs & I had chicken stuffed with mushroom, curry sauce & rice. I've got to be honest it is one of the nicest things I have tasted since getting here. Junior mwc had homemade ice cream with hot chocolate sauce & senior chose chocolate pudding (both said were excellent). Soft drinks, gin & tonic, small beer & bottle of house red (again best house red I have tasted so far) included bill was 128 euros. Now for setting, food & all round dinning experience I think you would be hard pushed to get better for that price. In my opinion a really special place to eat.
CathB, PP76, debz1 and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 18:23

Default One of the Best

La Lonja is always on our def must go to rests each year and it has never let us down.

Your meal sounded scrumptious. Can you tell me if it is still indoors for eating as opposed to downstairs when we last visited in Sept ?

Thanks

Scotslizzy
Old 03-06-2014, 19:07

There was certainly no tables outside downstairs, plenty of people eating upstairs inside, though we sat in the outside balcony area upstairs, beautiful setting & views.
cumberland8 likes this.
Old 03-06-2014, 19:36

Default Thanks

Funnily enough you do get better views obviously when up stairs but coming from Glasgow it's always great to eat outdoors when we can.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 03-06-2014, 23:09

It's always been the dogs Danglies for us, the consistency is incredible.
Old 16-06-2015, 09:39

Yet another amazing meal at La Llonja last night. We sat on the upstairs terrace as Miguel doesn't open the downstairs one until later this month. Both the terrace and the inside of the restaurant were full. We went last week and sat indoors, but by the wide open windows, so you almost felt as if you were outside! As scotslizzy says the views of the harbour from upstairs are great.

On to the food....

Four of us went with the menu of the week which at €32.90 is fantastic value.

While we looked at the menu we were served an amuse of warm crusty roll, tomato and black olive tapenade.

A choice of five starters... Soup or Gazpacho, Chiperones with homemade alioli, cold Asian salad with marinated chicken or homemade cheese and pumpkin ravioli with thyme sauce. Two of us chose the Chiperones and two the ravioli. We all had tastes of each others and declared delicious. Very garlicky yummy alioli!

Choice of two mains Hake fillet with Remoulade sauce served with potatoes and vegetables or Calves liver with caramelised apple and mashed potato and veg, which included lovely crunchy fried onions on top of the liver. Persuaded hubby who doesn't like liver ( from schooldays ) to try some of mine, and he had to agree it was delicious ..tender, soft and pink but not rare.

There is a choice of red, white or rose wine. We decided on the rose which was called Viña Heredad ....a lovely pale blush.

For dessert a delicious chocolate brownie and vanilla ice cream.

Coffee and chocolates to finish and a liquor on the house.

All for €32!!!!!!

Perfecto

Last edited by debz1; 16-06-2015 at 11:00.
Old 16-06-2015, 09:57

Have to admit we do love the upstairs too, it seems quite romantic, cosy in a way, but not cramped or noisy - unless there is a local family in of course, in which case it is a riot!! Not been there for a couple of visits though, you have whetted my appetite again debz!
debz1 and scouse mark like this.
Old 16-06-2015, 10:08

Default I will be there next week

We always squeeze in two visits to La Lonja as I the quality and choice is excellent .

Scotslizzy
Old 16-06-2015, 10:15

Default Little red prawns of the Bay

One of my treats is to get a plate of the red prawns when in La Lonja but is there anywhere else that serves these . I appreciate that we can get garlic prawns in most restaurants but I am thinking of the more authentic local prawns .

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 16-06-2015, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
One of my treats is to get a plate of the red prawns when in La Lonja but is there anywhere else that serves these . I appreciate that we can get garlic prawns in most restaurants but I am thinking of the more authentic local prawns .

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Los Faroles is the place we go for the Soller prawns
debz1 likes this.
Old 16-06-2015, 10:33

Definately a must do this year as we keep running out of days !

Love to sit outside so will book
debz1 likes this.
Old 16-06-2015, 14:32

Great review, Debz! - La Llonja is one of our favourites too - it feels really special.

Siller do very good Soller prawns, the best I have had, though they don't always have them and they are quite pricey. They do literally melt in your mouth though, so I always have them if they are available.
debz1 and Tangoman like this.
Old 18-06-2015, 19:17

Clivia in Pollensa town do excellent Soller prawns.
Old 19-06-2015, 08:18

There's so many good restaurants in PP, but the one we enjoy visiting most is La Llonja. In summer, it is lovely sitting out in the outside terrace. But we also love sitting in the restaurant upstairs at other times of the year. The food is consistently excellent. I'm pretty sure we eat in La Llonja more than any other restaurant at home or on holiday! It always feels special, and that's a good quality for any restaurant!
Tone likes this.
Old 19-06-2015, 09:34

Smile

I agree,four of us had a super set menu meal there last night.Couldnt fault it!We sat downstairs and the place was busy.Always one of our favourites.