Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By mwc
  • 2 Post By El Gordo
  • 5 Post By Jonsey
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 5 Post By mwc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2014, 12:53

Default Tango

Our first night yesterday & as usual went to tango. After the normal warm welcome we all had pate to start, excellent as always. Fillet steak with peppercorn sauce for me & plain fillet for mrs mwc. Steaks were fantastic & cooked to perfection as always. Still never had a better steak anywhere. Junior mwc had spag bol & senior mwc pork escalopes, followed by ice cream for them. Said there's again was lovely. We washed our main down with a bottle of my favorite red mortitx. Bill was around 125 euros which included a couple of beers & soft drinks. I really just can't fault this place & if you ever visit PP please try it as if you don't, believe me you are missing a treat. O'Lume tonight, just hope the weather improves as it is pouring down at the moment.
El Gordo and lollipop like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-05-2014, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
Our first night yesterday & as usual went to tango. ................................ Bill was around 125 euros which included a couple of beers & soft drinks. .........
Worth a visit for the location, book a table in the window, and if your budget is a little less, their "Menu of the Day" is also good quality and very reasonably priced.
Its "sister" restaurant Trio , near the Flora at the other end of town, is also very good value, but without the views.

Enjoy
Belladonna and lollipop like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 28-05-2014, 13:41

I didnt realise that Trio was 'related' to Tango - and both are excellent although we visit Trio more often than Tango
Old 28-05-2014, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
I didnt realise that Trio was 'related' to Tango - and both are excellent although we visit Trio more often than Tango
I believe it used to be : Tots, Tango and hence Trio.

My FlickR Photos
Old 28-05-2014, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwc View Post
Our first night yesterday & as usual went to tango. After the normal warm welcome we all had pate to start, excellent as always. Fillet steak with peppercorn sauce for me & plain fillet for mrs mwc. Steaks were fantastic & cooked to perfection as always. Still never had a better steak anywhere. Junior mwc had spag bol & senior mwc pork escalopes, followed by ice cream for them. Said there's again was lovely. We washed our main down with a bottle of my favorite red mortitx. Bill was around 125 euros which included a couple of beers & soft drinks. I really just can't fault this place & if you ever visit PP please try it as if you don't, believe me you are missing a treat. O'Lume tonight, just hope the weather improves as it is pouring down at the moment.
Sounds great not been to tango since they moved from the square do they still have live entertaiment on, or an open air part.
Old 29-05-2014, 08:20

Occasionally have live music and only a few tables out on the side street, but as has been said lovely building lovely views.

Last edited by lollipop; 29-05-2014 at 12:55. Reason: typo
Old 29-05-2014, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
Occasionally have live music and only a few stables out on the side street, but as has been said lovely building lovely views.
Have to say i've never seen any horses outside, let alone stables!!!
pollensa, sws97sdg, Sparky and 2 others like this.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:19

We first met Manolo and co in 1987 our first visit to PP. He and his brother Vicente had a tapas bar on the main road into the port. Then they split, Tangos opened nr the square and Vicente opened El Posito, Cathy from Tots was also in the equasion at Tots at the time. We haven`t been back for 8 years but have just booked 10 nights in July and can`t wait. Is Tangos walkable from the centre? We have 16yr old triplets, where would you recommend good value food, I would love to eat out as much as possible but have no idea on prices now. Thanks
Old 01-06-2014, 09:34
Super Moderator

Toni is still in El Posito, Cathy is still in Trio and Manolo is still running Tango .

Tango is at least a 30/40 minute walk, there are lots of restaurants advertised here http://www.puertopollensa.com/restau...ars_cafes.html some of them give prices on their websites and of course have a read of some of the forum trip reports.
lollipop likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 01-06-2014 at 09:39.
Old 03-06-2014, 23:28

Thanks Sparky, do you know how Tonis parents are, last time we were there Vicente was looking frail, lovely family.
Old 03-06-2014, 23:34
Super Moderator

Yes they are both well, Toni's mum still opens up at 7am for breakfasts for the locals and his dad has now recovered from his health problems and often visits Casa Manolo .
Doogz1874 likes this.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:51

Back to Tango on Tuesday night, 3 pates to start for the men. Always intend to have a different starter but 9 times out of 10 I always get drawn back to it as it's that good. Junior mwc had spag Bol again & senior the roast chicken which was basically half a chicken which he seemed to rip to pieces in no time, said it was delicious. Myself & mrs went for homemade lasagne which was lovely. Senior mwc had ice cream with hot chocolate sauce. All washed down with a couple of beers, soft drinks, water & a bottle of Mortitx red (excellent as usual), bill was 78 euros. Just sat at the table in front of the window looking out at the sea & mountains eating excellent food makes it a bargain in my eyes. Spent all day at Aqualand in Arenal yesterday so night in last night (must be getting to old), but back to C'an Josep tonight, well someone's got to do it

Last edited by mwc; 05-06-2014 at 11:57.