Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Tolos (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11302-tolos.html)

whaleywanderer 28-05-2014 09:11

Tolos

Had a lovely meal at Tolos last night, all the food was excellent and there wasn't an empty table to be seen, service wasn't too bad either! Just a warning to anybody eating there to check their bill at the end of the night, they had overcharged us by 30€:eek:, charging us for 2 bottles of wine that we hadn't had. Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened to us, we have also been undercharged on occasions too. So enjoy your food at Tolos but don't forget to check the bill!

Sparky 28-05-2014 09:41

Hopefully they rectified the mistake without any fuss :(.

El Gordo 28-05-2014 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 94828)
Had a lovely meal at Tolos last night,.............. they had overcharged us by 30€:eek:, charging us for 2 bottles of wine that we hadn't had. ..................we have also been undercharged on occasions too. So enjoy your food at Tolos but don't forget to check the bill!

Hi WW

Sounds like a mistake in which table had what, rather than a deliberate attempt to overcharge. :o

Certainly from my experience and knowing the owner and regular staff this is unusual. Adding two bottles of wine is rather obvious, those that may be trying to overcharge would be more devious, I am sure. :eek:

Still,no excuse, so its always a good idea to check no matter where you eat.;)

mwc 28-05-2014 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 94828)
Had a lovely meal at Tolos last night, all the food was excellent and there wasn't an empty table to be seen, service wasn't too bad either! Just a warning to anybody eating there to check their bill at the end of the night, they had overcharged us by 30€:eek:, charging us for 2 bottles of wine that we hadn't had. Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened to us, we have also been undercharged on occasions too. So enjoy your food at Tolos but don't forget to check the bill!

Funnily enough we have not been back for a while, as a few years back we returned home to find our credit card had been charged twice for the same meal in there, this happened two years in a row. We had the money refunded both times by the credit card company but since then have not returned. My wife really liked the place & food, she actually commented last night when we walked past that we must go back this year & we probably will.

ragdollabbi 28-05-2014 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwc (Post 94849)
Funnily enough we have not been back for a while, as a few years back we returned home to find our credit card had been charged twice for the same meal in there, this happened two years in a row. We had the money refunded both times by the credit card company but since then have not returned. My wife really liked the place & food, she actually commented last night when we walked past that we must go back this year & we probably will.

Just make sure you pay with cash this time mwc;)

mwc 02-06-2014 10:50

Saturday night we decided to try Tolos again after not been back for a few years. Onion & cheese soup for me to start which I must say was one of the nicest soups I have had apart from at La Llonja. Croquettes for senior mwc who said were really nice. 4 assorted pizzas for our main which again I must say were very good, I must say from the places that do serve pizza in the port I think you would do well to find a better one (including Little Italy). Junior mwc had a mixture of ice creams for desert. Again a couple of beers, bottle of house red, soft drinks & water. Then guess what the bill arrived with a bottle of rose on it which we obviously didn't have. Now this could be a mistake that happens anywhere but coincidence or what !!. Amended bill was 86 euros. Just imagine if this happened to 50% of their customers how many would not spot it & just pay. Put a bit of sour note on which was a really good meal, so if you do venture here which is well worth a visit, CHECK YOUR BILL.

Sparky 02-06-2014 10:54

Oh dear, not good :mad:.

sleepyboaby 25-07-2014 21:31

Due to the location of this restaurant and the excellent food they produce we were in there for two lunches and three evening meals.On every occassion the bill was wrong with as much as 25euro one night.Funny how the bill was never under priced??.This is an excellent place to eat with great views across the bay but just remember to take note what you have ordered and remember to check your bill

joey36 25-07-2014 22:50

I have never eaten at Tolos and I will never eat at any restaurant where I have to remember to check my bill - whatever the view.

gers1873 25-07-2014 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyboaby (Post 96683)
On every occassion the bill was wrong with as much as 25euro one night.Funny how the bill was never under priced??.This is an excellent place to eat with great views across the bay but just remember to take note what you have ordered and remember to check your bill

SB, fully agree tbh

El Gordo 26-07-2014 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey36 (Post 96690)
I have never eaten at Tolos and I will never eat at any restaurant where I have to remember to check my bill - whatever the view.

There is nowhere that cannot make a mistake. :o
No matter where it is....you should always check your bill as honest mistakes do occur....suggests too much money if you don't!!;)
Has anyone asked why this has happened and had a reasonable explanation?
Its a shame to generally lambast restaurants when they do not have a particular chance of reply. :eek:

Nick 26-07-2014 09:45

I couldn't agree more EG. However, I find it too coincidental the amount of times forum members have reported it. Of course you should check the bill too but this looks rather sinister to me?

Anyway, while it was many years ago I admit, it was this place where I had one of my worst meals in PP.

debz1 26-07-2014 11:25

Have read the reviews about Tolo's with interest over the last few months. Tolo's is the closest restaurant to us and over the past 25 years we used to go probably twice weekly for breakfast, lunch or after beach snacks and drinks. The waiting staff and service was always good, and the food although not fine dining was ok. Actually salads and pizzas great :p However over the past 5 years or so most of the original staff have left (apart from dear Pepe and a couple of others) and we found the service became quite erratic and slow and the food not as good. I think they went into partnership with someone else a few years back. We have probably not gone there now, even for a coffee, for probably two years apart from collecting the odd takeaway pizza.

I have no idea why suddenly this problem with overcharging is happening as having known Tolo for a long time I am sure this unintentional. I think probably it's a case of a very large restaurant that is packed day and night and that by law of average mistakes will happen. No excuse though :(

tangofan 26-07-2014 12:38

I agree, you should always check your bill. I can't understand people that don't as there are often mistakes wherever you go, not just PP, accidental or intentional.

However, how many of us point it out if we are undercharged........................?!

poshbeck@gotadsl.co.uk 26-07-2014 14:31

tolos simply great

We have been going to Tolos for over 25 years. Yes the service can be erratic but thats half the fun of it. We know all the staff well and have had numerous meals over the years and we have never been overcharged. Cant recommend them enough for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Yes for a posh meal we go to a posh restaurant but if you are looking for value for money and for staff that will remember you and look after you when you go back their one of puerto pollenca's best.