Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 14:02

Default Naciente.

[Hi All.
I'm quite new to the PP.com websites blog area, but we have visited Puerto P some twenty times in the last 15 years or so. A bar / restaurant I don't see mentioned on the site is Bar Naciente at 32 Carrer Llevant ', which is a real shame this restaurant should be appearing in your 'Best Places to eat' forum which you have run & taken votes on for numerous years now. Nacienta we think is one of the best places to eat & drink in the whole of the Puerto de Pollensa region. The staff provide a faultless, totally caring & professional service, the quality of food & cooking is exemplary with locally sourced ingredients along with fine Mallorcan wines; the advice on the local wines is accurate & helpful. This has always be given to us by the restaurants wine waitress Bar Nacienta comes highly recommended by us and it certainly deserves more credit than what seems to be placed on this website ... I hope that didn't seem rudely put across as I am a big fan of Puerto Pollensa.com, all the best Steve
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2014, 16:14

Hi Bluebolt and welcome to the forum. I have to admit that I have not tried Naciente for many, many years so perhaps it is time to redress the balance
Tone likes this.
Old 06-05-2014, 17:33

We have looked at the menu a few times, lots of tapas, not much veggie which is why we haven't tried it, and it's a bit out of the way there!!

On island time!!
Old 06-05-2014, 21:50

We went last year on our final night and thought it was very good. Had walked past lots of times as we stay at The Flora, but hadn't gone in as never mentioned on here, but it was my daughter's who chose to go and I'm glad we did. Very busy with locals which is always a good sign
Old 07-05-2014, 06:31

Thumbs up

We like Naciente too. Jose is very welcoming - the summer courtyard is spacious and out of high season we love relaxing and dining inside beside their lovely central log fire.
its cd and Baron de Lay like this.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:52

Couldn't agree more Bluebolt. One of our 'must visit' places whenever we visit the Port (more than once if my daughter gets her way!). Beautiful courtyard garden during the summer, or a lovely, snug feel in the off season, with the fire in the centre of the room. I don't believe we've ever had a bad meal there - but many great ones.

The pork loin with pepper sauce is absolutely delicious - and try the 'chips paja' (very finely cut, deep fried potatoes - with whole garlic). Getting hungry already!!
Old 08-05-2014, 14:46

chips "paja" haha I'd be careful what you say when ordering that..
debz1 and El Gordo like this.
Old 08-05-2014, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
We have looked at the menu a few times, lots of tapas, not much veggie which is why we haven't tried it, and it's a bit out of the way there!!
Got to admit, the menu doesn't cater very much for vegetarians - but they have an excellent choice of really good pizzas.
Old 08-05-2014, 20:28

Yes a good restaurant frequented by locals throughout the year but in the season the terrace gets really busy and they do not have enough staff to cater for this resulting in long delays (almost an hour some years ago), we stopped using it during the season but when it is open in the winter then you cannot beat the atmosphere with the central log fire and the foord is good especialy the Mallorquin fare, it is normaly closed through December-March nowadays.
Old 08-05-2014, 21:38

Totally agree majprop. It comes into its own in the winter when you end up eating along with the family and friends in the restaurant, warming by the central log fire, and eating lamb chops that seem never ending! Had our first taste of very hot Padron Peppers here years ago, they are few and far between now!
Old 08-05-2014, 23:43

Maybe we've been lucky, but we've eaten in Naciente in high season for years and never experienced unduly long waits for service. Perhaps, being on holiday, we've just not been in any particular hurry so haven't noticed.

Another plus when eating there is that it's just a quick walk next door to Batucada afterwards for a Mojito!
its cd likes this.
Old 08-05-2014, 23:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa View Post
chips "paja" haha I'd be careful what you say when ordering that..
Glad you enlightened me ...now just behave
El Gordo likes this.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by majprop View Post
Yes a good restaurant frequented by locals throughout the year but in the season the terrace gets really busy and they do not have enough staff to cater for this resulting in long delays (almost an hour some years ago), we stopped using it during the season but when it is open in the winter then you cannot beat the atmosphere with the central log fire and the foord is good especialy the Mallorquin fare, it is normaly closed through December-March nowadays.
It has been closed in the winter the last three years, we stay just around the corner in January and pass it daily!
Belladonna likes this.

On island time!!
Old 10-05-2014, 21:11

Hi sws97, That was exactly my point, I did say "when it is open for the winter", it used to be one of the very few good winter restaurants open in the winter but now closes for about 3/4 months in the winter.
Belladonna likes this.
Old 22-05-2014, 21:46

Hi GG

Thanks for your welcome to the forum... All though I cant say for sure but I think the latest proprietors of Bar Naciente have been in place for only a couple of years if that ? As previously stated it's definately worth a visit we couldn't fault it at all

Last edited by Bluebolt; 22-05-2014 at 21:53.