Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Naciente. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11247-naciente.html)

Bluebolt 06-05-2014 14:02

Naciente.

[Hi All.
I'm quite new to the PP.com websites blog area, but we have visited Puerto P some twenty times in the last 15 years or so. A bar / restaurant I don't see mentioned on the site is Bar Naciente at 32 Carrer Llevant ', which is a real shame this restaurant should be appearing in your 'Best Places to eat' forum which you have run & taken votes on for numerous years now. Nacienta we think is one of the best places to eat & drink in the whole of the Puerto de Pollensa region. The staff provide a faultless, totally caring & professional service, the quality of food & cooking is exemplary with locally sourced ingredients along with fine Mallorcan wines; the advice on the local wines is accurate & helpful. This has always be given to us by the restaurants wine waitress Bar Nacienta comes highly recommended by us and it certainly deserves more credit than what seems to be placed on this website ... I hope that didn't seem rudely put across as I am a big fan of Puerto Pollensa.com, all the best Steve:)

Gommar Goffer 06-05-2014 16:14

Hi Bluebolt and welcome to the forum. I have to admit that I have not tried Naciente for many, many years so perhaps it is time to redress the balance:)

sws97sdg 06-05-2014 17:33

We have looked at the menu a few times, lots of tapas, not much veggie which is why we haven't tried it, and it's a bit out of the way there!!

emmalou 06-05-2014 21:50

We went last year on our final night and thought it was very good. Had walked past lots of times as we stay at The Flora, but hadn't gone in as never mentioned on here, but it was my daughter's who chose to go and I'm glad we did. Very busy with locals which is always a good sign :)

glentobay 07-05-2014 06:31

We like Naciente too. Jose is very welcoming - the summer courtyard is spacious and out of high season we love relaxing and dining inside beside their lovely central log fire.

Baron de Lay 08-05-2014 11:52

Couldn't agree more Bluebolt. One of our 'must visit' places whenever we visit the Port (more than once if my daughter gets her way!). Beautiful courtyard garden during the summer, or a lovely, snug feel in the off season, with the fire in the centre of the room. I don't believe we've ever had a bad meal there - but many great ones.

The pork loin with pepper sauce is absolutely delicious - and try the 'chips paja' (very finely cut, deep fried potatoes - with whole garlic). Getting hungry already!!

GrandeMimosa 08-05-2014 14:46

chips "paja" haha I'd be careful what you say when ordering that..

Baron de Lay 08-05-2014 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 94334)
We have looked at the menu a few times, lots of tapas, not much veggie which is why we haven't tried it, and it's a bit out of the way there!!

Got to admit, the menu doesn't cater very much for vegetarians - but they have an excellent choice of really good pizzas.

majprop 08-05-2014 20:28

Yes a good restaurant frequented by locals throughout the year but in the season the terrace gets really busy and they do not have enough staff to cater for this resulting in long delays (almost an hour some years ago), we stopped using it during the season but when it is open in the winter then you cannot beat the atmosphere with the central log fire and the foord is good especialy the Mallorquin fare, it is normaly closed through December-March nowadays.

Belladonna 08-05-2014 21:38

Totally agree majprop. It comes into its own in the winter when you end up eating along with the family and friends in the restaurant, warming by the central log fire, and eating lamb chops that seem never ending! Had our first taste of very hot Padron Peppers here years ago, they are few and far between now! :)

Baron de Lay 08-05-2014 23:43

Maybe we've been lucky, but we've eaten in Naciente in high season for years and never experienced unduly long waits for service. Perhaps, being on holiday, we've just not been in any particular hurry so haven't noticed.

Another plus when eating there is that it's just a quick walk next door to Batucada afterwards for a Mojito!

debz1 08-05-2014 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa (Post 94362)
chips "paja" haha I'd be careful what you say when ordering that..

Glad you enlightened me ...now just behave ;)

sws97sdg 09-05-2014 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by majprop (Post 94370)
Yes a good restaurant frequented by locals throughout the year but in the season the terrace gets really busy and they do not have enough staff to cater for this resulting in long delays (almost an hour some years ago), we stopped using it during the season but when it is open in the winter then you cannot beat the atmosphere with the central log fire and the foord is good especialy the Mallorquin fare, it is normaly closed through December-March nowadays.

It has been closed in the winter the last three years, we stay just around the corner in January and pass it daily!

majprop 10-05-2014 21:11

Hi sws97, That was exactly my point, I did say "when it is open for the winter", it used to be one of the very few good winter restaurants open in the winter but now closes for about 3/4 months in the winter.

Bluebolt 22-05-2014 21:46

Hi GG

Thanks for your welcome to the forum... All though I cant say for sure but I think the latest proprietors of Bar Naciente have been in place for only a couple of years if that ? As previously stated it's definately worth a visit we couldn't fault it at all :)