Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 16:22

Default Lunch venues on way to PP

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a slightly off-topic question - apologies if this is in the wrong location.

We are visiting PP for the first time in a few years with a couple of new additions (two children under three). We are landing just before lunch and it'll probably be at least 12:30 before we get on the road properly. The two little ones are going to need lunch at some point and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good restaurant for lunch not far off the motorway on the way to PP.

We have thought about going into Palma but it's probably a bit too much hassle and I think leaving it until we get to PP might be a little bit too far considering they would have been up for hours already.

Any recommendations gratefully received!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2014, 16:33
Founder

Hi there & welcome to the forum.

Neither of these are particularly 'good restaurants' but you can eat at the airport. Looking at the airport website there is Cafetería Restaurante Sa Cala on the Arrivals floor. We've also seen another place just before going into Security which may be Café Son Sant Joan & also the Restaurante Son Sant Joan on floor 4.

Another option is to stop off at Carrefour - they always advertise a set Menu - see Directions from Palma airport to Puerto Pollensa Majorca Mallorca for directions.

Last edited by pollensa; 10-06-2014 at 16:39.
Old 10-06-2014, 16:48

Thanks for the response. We were really hoping to get a few miles under our belt so we didn't have too far to go after lunch and also hopefully find somewhere "local" that serves something half decent.

I was wondering whether there was anywhere in Inca or Sa Pobla that is any good? I don't think we have been to either place so I'm a bit unsure about whether it is even worth trying to find somewhere.

If all else fails we could probably get to PP - if we start driving at 12:30 and get there for around 1:30 it is still only 12:30 UK time. It is only an hour's drive if I remember correctly?
Old 10-06-2014, 17:38

Also in the airport area itself, the 'Cafeteria Parking' (under the big car park block) is excellent for good food too. Not the most exotric of places but all the food is freshly prepared and very reasonably priced.

And a few kilometres up the motorway, you also have the large Alcampo supermarket which has several eateries under the same roof. It's got an underground car park so your car can remain in the cool and it's also a great place for getting a few of your groceries on the way to Puerto Pollensa too!
animagic21 likes this.
Old 10-06-2014, 19:19

You could also try one of the villages on the old Palma to Inca road such as Santa Maria or Consel.

If you choose to wait till you get to PP then Aries bar opposite the Habitat apts would be good for kids food - his spag bol is great and it is also easy to get to and park
animagic21 likes this.
Old 10-06-2014, 20:21

If it was me I would grab a quick snack at the airport to keep the children happy and then drive to your destination.
Only about 45 to 50 minutes to PP especially if you cut the corner off the journey by leaving the motorway at junction 6 and taking the MA-30 towards the Alcampo shopping area.
Don't get lost though !
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Pa...39.9074062!3e0

I feel vulnerable parking a car full of suitcases and hand luggage to go for food or shopping hence driving directly to destination.
If we do stop at a shop on the first journey one of us stays with the car.
Old 10-06-2014, 20:22
Founder

How about the buffet at Menestralia by the glass blowing placeat Campanet (near Sa Pobla) Restaurante Menestralia? Am not sure how easy it is to find now that the motorway bypasses it.
Old 10-06-2014, 20:39
Banned

I too would just drive straight to PP. There's nothing atall attractive about Palma airport really. It's just 45 minutes maximum to PP by car.

Why not get some snacks airside at the airport you leave, most airlines let you take on a carrier bag for free. Some sarnies, biscuits and juice won't take up much room. These can be eaten in the hire car or en route.

You DO NOT want to be stopping off at the likes of Carrefour or Alcampo with a hire car full of your gear, even if you do cover it up. Then when you get to PP there are lots of eateries to choose from and you can do it in in much more comfort.
debz1, Mark, ragdollabbi and 2 others like this.
Old 10-06-2014, 21:01

Very easy to access Menestralia, leave the motorway at junction 35 and its no more than 200m from that slip road. You can't miss the tower and the large metal doily.
whaleywanderer likes this.
Old 10-06-2014, 21:11

Menestralia !! Great place at lunchtime. Good value. Glass factory is great also.
Old 10-06-2014, 21:26

agree with others...
...easy drive now, just get to PP & chill....
debz1, Belladonna and Nick like this.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:38

You could pick up a pretty decent snack at the Del&cious café just before you leave the airport building. We usually have a sandwich and an orange juice or coffee there, or pick up a couple of takeaway bits to nibble in the car! Would not really suggest stopping at all once you are on the road as its far better to get to PP asap, and as you rightly say, its only an hour away! Stopping puts SO much more time on settling in!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:17

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. I think we will aim to get to PP asap and get some lunch there if we can. I don't think we are staying too far from Ca'n Cuarassa so that may be a good option for lunch - it's not a place I have eaten before but it seems from other threads to be well liked.

It's good to have some other options though just in case getting out of the airport and sorting the car takes longer than expected.

4 days!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:28
Super Moderator

I think you are wise to get to PP asap, other options close to Can Cuarassa are Tango, Siurell, Swing and Galeon .
Old 11-06-2014, 17:14

In Binissalem there is a nice restaurant called Restaurante Celler sa Vinya. Most locals and very good food (just in case you are too hungry to wait for PP) On the main road on the left. One of the first restaurants :-)