Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By gds
  • 1 Post By varsp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2014, 13:32

Default April 2014

A few days staying at the Hotel Uyal at the start of this month were not enough, but we did manage to sample some of Pollensa, Alcudia and PP's finest.

Sunday dinner: Swing
A rarity in offering paella for one, which was greatly appreciated by Mrs S, while I enjoyed the lamb. Well worth the walk/drive down the coast if you're staying in the Port.

Monday lunch: Manzanas y Peras
A fantastic spot, sitting in the sunshine on a sofa at the foot of the Calvario steps. Great burgers with goats cheese and fries. A limited menu but high quality ingredients and good service.

Monday dinner: Cantonet
Outstanding food and charming service, as always. Steak (cooked perfectly) for me, one of the many excellent pasta dishes for Mrs S. The desserts to share are to die for.

Tuesday lunch: Stay
Our first visit and we were most disappointed. Dry haddock for me, overpriced Calamari for her, tartare sauce I could taste for 24 hours afterwards. Would only recommend to those more concerned about the venue than the menu.

Tuesday dinner: Sa Caseta (Alcudia)
Reasonably priced pizzas, but not quite up to the high standards set at Little Italy.

In between times enjoyed coffees at Cappuccino, Bar Mallorca in CSV and in the main square in Alcudia old town.

It was a shame that some of our favourites - notably Modesto in CSV - were yet to open for the season, but we'll be back in July.

The Hotel Uyal served us well. Breakfast was fine and the recently refurbished rooms to a high standard.
pollensa, Sparky and lollipop like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-04-2014, 17:14

You must have dined on an extremely rare "off" day at stay. Usually food is out-standing, as is the service and the setting.
debz1 likes this.
Old 24-04-2014, 17:45

We've never had a bad meal at Stay either and personally I think the lunchtime menu is pretty good value - think it must definitely have been an 'off' day!

I agree about Swing - we didn't manage to get there this month, but last October we had a most excellent MDD one lunchtime - the most fantastic tiny lamb chops, which have yet to be bettered anywhere in PP (or anywhere else, for that matter). I'm always baffled as to why Siurell is heaving and Swing at the same time can be almost empty - there's no comparison IMO.
Old 24-04-2014, 18:05

Great to start reading the new trip reports - You sound like you had a great time GDS.

I love the location of Manzanas y Peras. A nice play on words and an ideal spot to sit for a beer - Particularly on the return leg from all them steps...

It used to be called L'ombra and was owned by a charming Scottish guy (Alan?) who was always exceptionally friendly and welcoming. I do miss seeing him, and wish him good wishes if he reads this forum!

Whilst we have only ever had very efficient service in Stay, and would not hesitate to recommend it both on food quality and price, we have been witness to those who have had a bad time of it. In both cases, oddly, I noticed that the table had not ordered the MDD. It was as if, this seemed to cause a bug to appear in the service!?