Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   A week in April cont... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11205-week-april-cont.html)

gemmakate 23-04-2014 22:14

A week in April cont...

The other highlights of our week long stay in pp were...

Tamarells beach bar;
A long leisurely lunch here which included fresh tuna salad, burger with goats cheese and bacon (delicious) and pizzas. The drinks were very generous measures (g&t came in pint glasses!) and it was a lovely spot for the kids to play in the shady sand. Ice creams for the children and lots of drinks, the bill was around 80euro - for six of us and we were there for most of the afternoon!

The Codfather;
After a 6pm drink at Bonys with sand still on our feet and the boys playing in the square we decided to take a Codfather takeaway back to the apartment. It was ready so quickly (but freshly cooked) that just as we decided to walk up to Batcuda to sample one of their cocktails, the order was ready! (Perhaps in hindsight this was a blessing!) despite a long walk home and the food being reheated in the microwave, the chips were delicious, more like miniature roast potatoes that had been cooked in beef dripping! The fish was white and although on the small side, tasty and the mushy peas finished it off!

Stay;
This is one of our Family favourite restaurants. We had a fantastic Xmas day lunch here and hadn't been back since sitting in the sun on the terrace on New Years Day before our flight home.
We visited on Easter Sunday early evening, the restaurant was very busy with a great atmosphere. We we're offered a table outside but chose to go inside. We definitely had the most delicious meal of our trip.
Bread, Melba toast thingys with fresh aioli plus a tuna and pepper amuse Bouche to start followed by;
Tempura prawn salad with a ginger and soy dressing (and wasabi mayo on the side) for me, crispy chicken wings and chips which are my 5yr olds favourite ever, spaghetti for the littlest one and my husband had curried king prawns with banana, rice and veg. All washed down with water, apple juice and a very cold bottle of Albariņo.
It was memorable. We saw lots of people having the set menu too which looked delicious, but with little children, for us, it was easier to just order from the main menu. We had limoncello and a baileys on the house after. For such delicious food the bill seemed a snip at 80 odd euro.

Dakota;
In stark contrast to the above, we also had a lovely tasty meal one evening here, the one opposite Bony. The service was great and our waiter was so friendly and good with the children. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy as we are quite late this particular evening so perhaps he had extra time to chat.
The food arrived quite quickly and was very tasty. This was the first time we have visited any of the tex-Mex chain, but we were really impressed. Burgers all round with wine and beers, even the side salad was crisp, tasty and had a lovely dressing which I hadn't expected. There was a refreshing lemon sorbet type mini cocktail served on the house after too. The bill was 40euro exactly.

Finally, I must mention Swing in Llenaire;
As our friends were in this area, we joined them one evening at the new Swing.
We had only intended to meet for drinks here before moving next door to Siurell. The interior was very warm, welcoming and stylish but the staff were so friendly and the menu had lots of choice plus specials, so we all felt comfortable and decided to stay.
We ordered a selection of tapas dishes to start, including chiperones, croquettes, gambas in garlic and chicken wings. The mains included sirloin steak with Roquefort, shoulder of lamb, lamb chops and pasta. The menu also had extensive fish choices including monkfish served different ways, lots of steaks plus chicken and rice dishes. The food was excellent. Really good quality and priced to match. This is one of the nicer restaurants that you feel like you've had a treat when you visit. We all enjoyed the meal (and the excellent service) plus they were great with the children.
The caramel vodka shots on the house deserve a special mention too!

All in all we had a fantastic holiday once again in our favourite place! We didn't get to do half of the things we had planned either so hopefully we will get chance to go back this summer.
I will definitely go at this time of the year again, we've been at Easter when it's been earlier and colder so this time the weather was great (lucky I know) and the place was alive without being crowded.
I don't normally post trip reports but we had such a lovely holiday.
Thanks to all the other contributors on here too, as it makes our trips easier with the tips and info before we go and it's great to read other reviews when back at home which helps to make PP not seem so far away.

Sparky 23-04-2014 22:30

Lovely trip report thank you for sharing it with us, sorry we didn't meet up this time :).

gemmakate 23-04-2014 22:43

It was a shame that I missed both forum meets with our flight times.We also never got to el posito which is where (in my head) I thought I'd see you!
My son and I had a little cry in the taxi back to the airport, I racked my brains as to how we could possibly move to pp one day! Looks like we will have to wait until retirement though.
Enjoy it sparky xx

Sparky 23-04-2014 23:17

Dare to dream Gemma.....one day it could happen....it did for us without winning the lottery ;).