Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 15:42

Default Lunch Time In Puerto Pollensa (almost live reports)

Had a great lunch at the Mexican resturant on the front just before Capri (Dakota???) kids ate a superbly fresh pizza, I had caeser salad all cooked perfectly and great service.
Today we had lunch at 'jokers'. Kids again had pizza (not as soft as the dough yesterday), I had chicken Mexican burger and the mrs had a veg sandwich. Inlaws had fish. Service again was extremely good, the house wine was better than last year (a little vinigary last time out)
Would go back to both again but the pizza at Dakotas???? Was superb!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 16:55

Smile

Thanks for the review - we have eaten at neither but tempted to try now. We often go to Joker's for a late afternoon G&T, always great service and very relaxing place to sit and watch the world go by. Had never been sure about the food though so will definitely give them a go next week!
Old 02-04-2014, 14:57

Is Dakota/Tex Mex opposite Bony's in the square open as I'm sure I read on here it was to be closing or taken over.
Old 02-04-2014, 15:03
Super Moderator

Not sure if it's open yet but it is still a "Dakota Tex-Mex", the frontage has been changed and it is now called a "Steakhouse" which is the same as the one where the old "Kekab" place was on the frontline.
lollipop likes this.
Old 02-04-2014, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Not sure if it's open yet but it is still a "Dakota Tex-Mex", the frontage has been changed and it is now called a "Steakhouse" which is the same as the one where the old "Kekab" place was on the frontline.
Yes it was the steakhouse one opposite the Ben and jerry's ice cream shop.

As for today I ate at Port 31. On my own as the OH and kids were having a nap (2 days for 1 in PP!) I have the chicken salad (lettuce cherry tomatoes apple and walnuts with a sauce) and a vino blanco seco. Extremely friendly service and the food was fantastic, a good ambience to, busy but not slow. I Recommend!-)
Old 02-04-2014, 16:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinedrive View Post
Yes it was the steakhouse one opposite the Ben and jerry's ice cream shop.

As for today I ate at Port 31. On my own as the OH and kids were having a nap (2 days for 1 in PP!) I have the chicken salad (lettuce cherry tomatoes apple and walnuts with a sauce) and a vino blanco seco. Extremely friendly service and the food was fantastic, a good ambience to, busy but not slow. I Recommend!-)
Port 31 is one of our favourites too
MairiCladach likes this.

Eating Out
Old 02-04-2014, 16:25

Me too CathB, love Port 31, had many great lunches and a lovely dinner there last summer. The staff are really friendly and efficient, and the owner has a lively sense of humour! We are both huge fans of their sardines, always so fresh and cooked to perfection, and their set menu tapas selection offers a filling and diverse range of flavours.
Old 02-04-2014, 16:35

I'm defiantly going to have the tapas next time, and there will be a next time:-)
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 02-04-2014, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MairiCladach View Post
Me too CathB, love Port 31, had many great lunches and a lovely dinner there last summer. The staff are really friendly and efficient, and the owner has a lively sense of humour! We are both huge fans of their sardines, always so fresh and cooked to perfection, and their set menu tapas selection offers a filling and diverse range of flavours.
Agree with about the sardines and I also love the salad lunchtimes..have had both the set tapas menu and ordered individual..all really good..Cant wait now just over two weeks to go

Eating Out
Old 03-04-2014, 13:14

Just eaten at Dakota again, this time a pizza diabola, very good again. All our family's food was great. Again quality service.

A quick question, are the cafe 1919 and Dakota connected as their snack menus are almost identical as are the drinks menus????
Old 03-04-2014, 13:57
Super Moderator

Yes, the Australian Boulevard/Dakota Tex Mex group run 4 restaurants, Cafe 1919, Australian bar, O'Haras and the small Tabac shop next door.
All the hot food is cooked in a central kitchen out of the Port and then re-heated in the individual restaurants.
lollipop likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-04-2014 at 14:00.
Old 03-04-2014, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yes, the Australian Boulevard/Dakota Tex Mex group run 4 restaurants, Cafe 1919, Australian bar, O'Haras and the small Tabac shop next door.
All the hot food is cooked in a central kitchen out of the Port and then re-heated in the individual restaurants.
I don't like the sound of having to eat re - heated food!!!!!
Belladonna likes this.
Old 03-04-2014, 17:03

Re-heated food?!
That's exactly what I thought!

On a separate note, I really like the almost live trip reports! What a good idea sunshinedrive, I always intend to post my experiences but by the time I've got home and back into the school run and mayhem it never seems to happen.
Watch this space...!
Old 03-04-2014, 17:47

Thanks, who know where we will go tomorrow, stayed tuned!
May even sample some half price bonys tonight:-) that sounds so wrong hehe :-)
Old 04-04-2014, 11:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
I don't like the sound of having to eat re - heated food!!!!!
The place seems sometimes to get a bad wrap, though to be fair if you are in PP for a fairly lengthy time or holiday it does make a nice change instead of the normal cuisine served up in the many great restaurants. We have eaten in the one opposite Bony's a few times just for a change, as sometimes the kids (gonna have to stop saying that as one is 17 now) might want nachos, burger or something basic & to be fair we have always found the food good with good service at a fairly cheap price.
Nick likes this.