Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   El Posito 2014. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11155-el-posito-2014-a.html)

Sparky 07-04-2014 22:57

El Posito 2014.

Tonight was the first evening that El Posito was open, since we moved here we have had a tradition with "Pozzies" in that we always eat there on the first and last opening lunchtimes and nights. Tonight was special because since Antonio Planas retired, the new chef was a bit of an unknown quantity for us, although we have been impressed with the lunchtime MDD.
I am delighted to report that the new chef.. Damian, is an excellent replacement, we did not have anything from the menu but had pre-ordered a Caldereta de Bogavante and it was bloody fantastic...honestly the best we have ever had here in the Port.
The restaurant was very busy and all the comments i heard were good, i know many of our members have been regulars at Pozzies and you may be anxious that the old chef has gone but i honestly think we are in safe hands with the new guy :D.

snowy2007 07-04-2014 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 93405)
Tonight was the first evening that El Posito was open, since we moved here we have had a tradition with "Pozzies" in that we always eat there on the first and last opening lunchtimes and nights. Tonight was special because since Antonio Planas retired, the new chef was a bit of an unknown quantity for us, although we have been impressed with the lunchtime MDD.
I am delighted to report that the new chef.. Damian, is an excellent replacement, we did not have anything from the menu but had pre-ordered a Caldereta de Bogavante and it was bloody fantastic...honestly the best we have ever had here in the Port.
The restaurant was very busy and all the comments i heard were good, i know many of our members have been regulars at Pozzies and you may be anxious that the old chef has gone but i honestly think we are in safe hands with the new guy :D.

That's great news Sparky as we are looking forward to our visit very soon tell Toni to have table ready and a beer.

Sparky 07-04-2014 23:32

Will do Snows, looking forward to seeing you and Pam very soon :D.

lollipop 08-04-2014 08:04

Sparky, thats who I had heard was taking on the role . He comes from a local family.

Sparky 08-04-2014 08:45

Yes that's right Lollipop but his mother is English :).

Bracken 08-04-2014 09:05

We had a lovely lunch in El Posito last Sunday, the first time we have gone there for lunch. Really good food, really good value, and the place was absolutely jam packed with locals. And very nice to catch a quick word with you Sparky.

varsp 08-04-2014 13:07

Where is El Posito please. I know I've have seen it but, my senile old brain just can't place the location.

lollipop 08-04-2014 13:22

Yes Sparky and his father german but both have lived here for many years. I know them both well.

ragdollabbi 08-04-2014 13:33

[QUOTE=varsp;93438]Where is El Posito please. I know I've have seen it but, my senile old brain just can't place the location.[/QUOTE

If you check the Eating Out guide in the column on the left you will get all the information regarding El Posito.....with maps and menus included:)

Sparky 08-04-2014 13:43

Directions for all the restaurants are on this link http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html ;).

sws97sdg 08-04-2014 14:22

Who else is working there Sparky, is it right that Zac has moved back here!

snowy2007 08-04-2014 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 93444)
Who else is working there Sparky, is it right that Zac has moved back here!

He's come back to help his beloved Millwall team out.

Sparky 08-04-2014 14:32

Hi SWS, yes Zach is back in the UK and is working at a very posh hotel in Kent.
There are 2 chefs, Damian and his second in command is called Toni, at the moment front of house it is just Toni and Miguel with Miguel's younger brother Jesus working part time as a kitchen porter but he also helps out behind the bar during busy periods. Toni said he will be taking on a couple more waiters when the season gets in full swing :D.

sws97sdg 08-04-2014 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowy2007 (Post 93445)
He's come back to help his beloved Millwall team out.

Lets face it they need it don't they!!

Island life 09-04-2014 10:25

Dined at El Posito last night. Excellent. Great service, great food and good atmosphere. Had the frito to start, followed by lamb chops with garlic. Daughter had the John Dory. Also had the pleasure of meeting Mr Sparky!