Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2014, 12:03
Super Moderator

Sorry i missed you Island Life but i am sure there will be another time .
Island life likes this.
Old 14-04-2014, 17:18

Default El Posito 2014.

Sparky,

Hope to see you in El Posito sometime over Easter, we've run into you once a twice in the past. Very sorry to hear about Zach returning to the UK, he was great with us, and always had time for a quick chat. Anything we particularly wanted, perhaps something that wasn't on the menu that night, and he'd have a word with Toni and it was sorted, brilliant!

Don't wish to pry, but I thought he was settled in PP, and was living there with his family. He will be missed.
Old 03-05-2014, 23:41

Called in at El Posito last Monday - first time for some while. It was early evening so unsurprisingly things were a bit quiet.
That didn't detract from a very pleasant meal. Mrs C had cod with sabrosada and honey, I had a sirloin steak. Mrs C thought the fish was the best she had had for many a while. I fancy the fish at times but am put off by all the fiddling about extracting the bones. And I'm not altogether convinced Toni is telling the truth when he claims all his fish come without the bones......
Big bonus was the appearance of Mr & Mrs Sparky. It was a good to exchange pleasantries, thank her for the time and work she puts into the Forum and, importantly, make sure her glass was full

Other eateries during our eight night in PP were Can Ferra x 2, Coral x 2, Trencadora x 2, Tango and El Posito.
Only slight disappointment was Tango where the Menu of the Day didn't live up to it's past quality. There was a feeling the quality and quantity had been reduced to maintain the very competitive price. I would have been happy to pay a few more Euros to maintain the previous quality.

Excellent meals at the rest. PP visitors are lucky to have such a good choice of eating out venues.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:47
Super Moderator

And it was nice to see you both again Clinkham, thank again for the drink .

I am like you when it comes to fish and hate bones but El Posito is one of only 2 restaurants where i will order fish and have never had a bone in either .
Old 04-05-2014, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
And it was nice to see you both again Clinkham, thank again for the drink .

I am like you when it comes to fish and hate bones but El Posito is one of only 2 restaurants where i will order fish and have never had a bone in either .
I'll remember that for August.
Old 04-05-2014, 15:35
Super Moderator

I don't often drink at lunchtime these days but it was great to see Snowy2007, his lovely wife and their family group in Pozzies again today
Old 04-05-2014, 17:47

Nice seeing you and Colin also had superb lunch followed by a long walk.
Old 30-05-2014, 13:10

Having read the stuff on here about El Posito I had been meaning to eat here for some time. My wife and I were in the port last week and had dinner there on one of the nights. We loved it, great food, properly prepared and delivered with a touch of eccentricity. We'll be back!
Sparky likes this.
Old 30-05-2014, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcanada View Post
Having read the stuff on here about El Posito I had been meaning to eat here for some time. My wife and I were in the port last week and had dinner there on one of the nights. We loved it, great food, properly prepared and delivered with a touch of eccentricity. We'll be back!
That's great to hear I think its the best in the port. and you can always find Sparky their.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:08

We are returning to PP after 8 yrs. Often ate at El Posito , when we last were there I believe Toni had aken oer from his father Vicente? Brother of Manolo who runs Tangos? Would like to know what has happened to the family, they were always so lovely. Is Cathy a Scottish lady still around, believe she isn`t at Tots anymore but at Trios? Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 11:22

Went back to El Posito last night for the first time in 3 years, may I point out that this was not because of the restaurant or it's food but not going to go into it now. Anyway so glad we did, in my opinion the place has it's old atmosphere back with Toni & the new guy front of house, they are really very good. Soup of the day for me which was tomato. Don't know what it is with me having soup so much as I don't really eat tomato soup but it was very nice. Senior mwc had croquettes (again) which he said was the best ones he had tasted so far. Fresh tuna steak for mrs mwc & John Dory with garlic for the rest of us, again very good, 2 massive portions of chocolate cake for the boys for desert & with a couple of beers, soft drinks, water & 2 bottles of house red (again very good) the bill was 138 euros. Was also really nice to meet mr & mrs sparky for the first time, just a shame we didn't have more time to chat, though saying that we will definitely be back, so hopefully see them again.
Sparky and cumberland8 like this.
Old 14-07-2014, 10:53

I look forward to eating at El Posito later this summer during my annual visit to PP. It feels good to know that the restaurant still is in good hands when it comes to both cooks and waiters. I like that they found their way back to a more spanish vibe.

When I come to think of it, I know two brothers named Miguel and Jesús, the latter being the little one. Anyone know approximately how old they are or if they come from a local family? If not, I'll find out by myself later this summer. I'm just curious, it's a weakness of mine.
kate1 likes this.
Old 14-07-2014, 16:01
Super Moderator

Hi Domino, i have had a chat with Miguel who works in El Posito, he is one of many brothers/sisters, he is 35 and Jesus is 25 another brother is Rafa who runs Bar Aries and he is 37.

It would be great if you sent me a PM telling me your real name and how and where you got to know the lads because Miguel is now also very curious to know if he remembers you .

Last edited by Sparky; 14-07-2014 at 16:07. Reason: Typo
Old 21-07-2014, 21:36

Oh, then it's definitley not them. "My" brothers are the only ones and both are in their twenties. Sorry for any confusion, and also for my late answer.
Old 31-07-2014, 15:03

One of our top meals for years but haven't been quite as keen last few years as felt it was all a bit too much sauce and not enough flavour.

Been back a number of times this year and it is back to its best, if not a touch better with good simple presentation, fewer sides and more specials.

10 of us in the other night and shared starters of prawns, squid, frito and croquets went down a storm (especially with the under 10's !!)

Various mains including fresh beef for kids, special was tuna which was cooked blue and delicious

Tony on usual form and Sparky brightening up the far end of the bar .......
Sparky likes this.