Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree26Likes
  • 13 Post By CharlieV
  • 1 Post By emmalou
  • 4 Post By Sparky
  • 4 Post By CharlieV
  • 2 Post By Rosie34
  • 1 Post By El Gordo
  • 1 Post By CharlieV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-2014, 22:56

Default (A very late) October Trip Report

I hope there’s no time limit on submitting a trip report! Here’s mine from October. We’ve only ever visited PP in August before but last year we decided to have a week in October as well - our intention being to get out and about more than we manage in the heat of August. As it turned out we were really fortunate that the weather was great all week.

Saturday 19th
Arrived just as it started to go dark, unpacked, then straight to Brisa Marina for a meal. Very simple but tasty food and excellent value. Then off to Bony’s for a nightcap. Fairly quiet but still a nice friendly atmosphere and Jose had a bit more time to chat to customers. Told us he was looking forward to going on holiday at the end of the season, I asked him where he was going – “Alcudia!” he announced.

Sunday 20th
Drove to Lluc Monestry for a quick look around then onto Soller where we got the Tram to Port Soller (5 euros each, one way). Had lunch at one of the beach bars (not great and a bit pricey), then spent some time on the beach before heading back to PP. Evening meal was in Centric (our first visit here as it was always full in August). We were impressed with both the food and the wine. Back to Bony’s for a large Sangria (4.90) – lovely. Plus free soft drinks for our daughter – one of Jose’s end of season promotions.

Monday 21st
Hubby went off on his bike whilst we spent time on the beach. We noticed a large number of tiny jelly fish in the sea which we had never seen before (maybe it was the time of year). Unfortunately that made my daughter a bit scared of going in. Whilst we were there a little girl was stung on her leg – it seemed like it was very painful.
Went to Joker bar for lunch (very good), and in the evening we went to Tiberi which was excellent as usual although did empty out by about 9pm. Then couldn’t resist Sangria in Bony’s again!

Tuesday 22nd
Drove to Cala San Vincente – which was very quiet. Had lunch at a little beach bar – very average. Our daughter enjoyed the big waves at the beach. Back to PP and out to Casa Vila in the square for evening meal (another first for us) it was probably the busiest restaurant of them all. We only had pizzas but they were good (not quite Little Italy standard though).

Wednesday 23rd
Hubby went off for another ride on his bike (up Sa Calobra) so we had a look round the market which was so much more pleasant than when it’s 90 degrees in August! Had lunch at Bony’s (great value) then got the bus to Pollensa, walked up the Calvari steps (again, much better when it’s cooler!) then enjoyed people watching in the square at L’illa Café. Back in PP later we went to a favourite of mine Na Ruixa (always good).

Thursday 24th
Today we drove to Port Alcudia, had lunch on the seafront and spent some time on the beach. There were loads of huge jelly fish lying on the beach – yuk! We felt the need to get back to PP quickly. Had a stroll down the pine walk and enjoyed a drink and the view from the I’lla D’or Terrace. By this time it was boiling hot – we had to keep pinching ourselves that this was October!
Tonight we went to La Llonja and had the 3-course set meal. We found it a bit lacking in atmosphere and the service a bit over the top making it hard to relax. We decided this was not our kind of place and we’d had better meals elsewhere for less money.
Then (and I think this was tonight but could be wrong) we had a drink on the Hotel Daina terrace whilst listening to the amazing guitarist Mariano Miranda – it was a great way to finish off the evening.

Friday 25th
Today was quite hot so our daughter fancied a swim (but not with the jellyfish). So we went to the Laguna pool and bar. It was lovely but the water was freezing!! Another reminder that it was October! In the evening we went back to Tiberi again but have to say it was not up to the usual standard. We got the feeling the staff were tired and just wishing the end of the season would hurry up! I had lasagne which was horrible and sloppy. Such as shame, because we normally love it here.

Saturday 26th
Sadly our bonus week came to a close today but we had a 6pm flight so we had time for a drive to Deia where we had a great tapas lunch in the Cafeteria Es Punt, then onto Valldemossa for a very quick look around – both places were stunning and we were glad we made the effort to visit them. Then off to the airport for our flight back to cold, dark, wet England.

And the verdict on PP in October? Loved it. We had the beach almost to ourselves every day but there were still plenty of folk around in the evenings and still warm enough to dine 'al fresco' at night (just needed a cardigan). Because it was October we got a great deal on a front-line apartment with amazing views of the bay which we could never have afforded in peak season. Now counting down until August 2014 for the next trip!
sws97sdg, Mark, El Gordo and 10 others like this.

Last edited by CharlieV; 30-03-2014 at 00:15. Reason: Typos
Sponsored Links
Old 28-03-2014, 23:23

Great trip report
CharlieV likes this.
Old 28-03-2014, 23:49
Super Moderator

There is no time limit on trip reports Charlie but i have to say you have beaten Doogz for being late .

Thanks for posting and i must congratulate you for having a great memory, i struggle to remember what i did last weekend .
Old 29-03-2014, 00:03

Thanks Sparky, I wish I could say it was down to memory but no, I had it saved in a Word doc for ages and never got round to posting it until today!
I thought it might help to cheer up the rest of us who are sitting at home in the UK counting down the weeks....
I will try to submit my August 2014 trip report a bit faster
sws97sdg, Sparky, car77 and 1 others like this.
Old 29-03-2014, 09:08

Really enjoyed your report Charlie We were in PP for most of October last year and reading this just brings back the memory of the lovely warm/hot days. Also your comment on La Llonja struck a chord - we went there once many years ago and also felt it was so over-fussy - waiters hovering with a brush in case a stray crumb landed on the pristine white table cloth Also - Tiberi - I had the worst excuse for Lomo con Col there a couple of years ago - so maybe just hit on a bad night!
animagic21 and CharlieV like this.
Old 29-03-2014, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieV View Post
.... then got the bus to Pollensa, walked up the Tivolli steps ...........
Great report Charlie.....I liked the "Calvari" steps comment!! We will blame the auto-correct EH

We will be getting requests for directions now to the Tivolli Steps !!
CharlieV likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 29-03-2014, 23:40

Smile

ooops, no idea where I got that from! There's a Tivoli in Italy - not sure if they have any steps though ! Thank goodness you can correct your typos after posting...
El Gordo likes this.