Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Tell me about this restuarant please... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/11009-tell-me-about-restuarant-please.html)

scotslizzy 15-02-2014 16:00

Tell me about this restuarant please...

I have read somewhere about a restaurant down by Stay but further along and it seems that they have really good fish .

Despite the number of times we have been to PP I cannot recall having eaten in this place .It might be that it is only used by folks who are sailing types but I am not referring to the yacht club.

Any ideas please.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

pollensa 15-02-2014 16:48

Hi,

it's the Cantina del Moll Nou & as you say it is just further along the pier after Stay. But it is basically just a small kiosk with some tables outside. We've had drinks there but haven't yet tried the food. :)

MAG 15-02-2014 17:06

Its a great little outside bar open only in season. Good seafood and tapas. You can sit and watch the boats coming in and its next to the boat fuel station at the very end of the pier along from stay. Near to the harbour office.

CathB 15-02-2014 18:01

La Llonja does really good fish..could that be the one

majprop 15-02-2014 21:27

I could be Los Faroles, excellent fish, but I am not sure that when you say a little further along do you mean along the pantalan (pier) or the road at the begining of the pantalan by stay.

scotslizzy 16-02-2014 12:47

Thanks

It is the one called Cantina del Moll Nou .Must take a walk down there in June .

We go to La Lonja everytime we visit PP one of our must go to rest's.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Kat19 16-02-2014 21:56

Haven't eaten there yet but lovely spot for a pre dinner drink as the sun goes down:) - gin and tonic enormous!

omega1 19-02-2014 21:37

Cafeterķa La Cantina del Moll Nou

Is the place you refer to, if walk also around back of harbour (closest quay to the sea, there is a boat repair area and within there what I could call a shack with odd wooden bar stools serving drinks in whatever glass is to hand, total contrast to the yacht club.
Got to go back there this year.
BTW its only open in the daytime I suspect.

JMD40 20-02-2014 19:29

I am pretty sure it is open in the evenings too and that last year they had some rather lovely music at sunset..... I shall ask the guy who runs it what the plans are for this year.

scotslizzy 20-02-2014 21:26

That would be lovely

Thanks

Scotslizzy

debz1 20-02-2014 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMD40 (Post 92147)
I am pretty sure it is open in the evenings too and that last year they had some rather lovely music at sunset..... I shall ask the guy who runs it what the plans are for this year.

It was definitely open and serving dinner last year....and some great music too. Went with friends on their first day in the Port, just for a drink after an afternoon walk. Four hours later we staggered away after one just led to another (very reasonably priced :)) Great atmosphere and by the time we left getting busy with early diners. Highly recommended.