Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Off Season in PP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/1098-off-season-pp.html)

Lady Pollenca 31-07-2005 21:41

Off Season in PP

Hi Everyone
We have just returned from PP, having spent a great time with good friends enjoying the sunshine with good food and wine, perfect!

We plan to return jan/feb time and would appreciate any advice on which restaurants/bars are open at this time of year as it sounds as if most places close at the end of october!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Roy and Katie 31-07-2005 21:47

As you say, most places are closed from October 31st until Easter. There are a small number of restuarants and shops open. It is a bit of a ghost town.

More important is the weather. This year February was very very cold. We couldn't keep our house warm despite having central heating and spending over 400 euros on oil! It snowed on 3 occasions.

The beginning of January was quite nice during the day, but cold at night.

The weather started picking up at the end of March.

Roy

pollensa 31-07-2005 21:49

We regularly go in Feb (half-term) for a business trip etc. A few places are open such as Neptuno, Luna de Miel etc. If you look at the restaurants page www.puertopollensa.com/restaurants_bars_cafes.html the majority say whether they are open but you can't rely on it.

mallorcaboy 01-08-2005 00:20

We have always loved Mallorca in the winter. Certainly the Port and the Town are much quieter, somewhere like Can Cuarrassa is open all year, and they have a roaring fire to keep you lovely and snug.
The weather can be a bit hit and miss, but we have spent many a December, January or February day sunbathing on our balcony and very much caught a tan. It's also an ideal opportunity to go to places that are crowded in the summer like Deia, Valldemossa, or the fantastic beach Es Trenc
Hope you have a great time, and let us hear all about it.

Senor Ken 01-08-2005 02:38

off season in PP

Sounds as if it can be a bit cold in PP in Feb I am their at the same time if you fancy a game of tennis.

Lady Pollenca 01-08-2005 06:47

Off Season in PP

Thanks for all the replies, I am very impressed with the quickness of the responses which I find very reassuring. The roaring fire sounds good to me Mallorcaboy, thanks for that. Not too sure where the beach is but sounds great did you say En Trenc? and do you have some directions?

Thanks Roy for you reply, hopefully your'e heating bill will be a bit cheaper this year!

Good job I know Senor Ken, yes maybe I will lower my standards and give you a game of tennis in february!

Bye for now
Lady Pollenca

Senor Ken 01-08-2005 06:54

Anyone for tennis

Hi Lady "P" Mallorca boys log fire sounds so cool the thouhgt of artificial heat in PP sounds a tad strange when you have just left in July. I have heard you have a great backhand when you are not on the "Rioja" cant wait for Feb anyone on for doubles:

mallorcaboy 01-08-2005 15:40

Re: Anyone for tennis

Es Trenc is a very long stretch of beach in the south of the island east of Palma. If you get a map, you can't miss it. It is pretty good in the summer, but in the winter it's wonderful to walk along the golden sand with the waves rolling in.
It also has a nudist section if you're into that kind of thing!!

Lady Pollenca 01-08-2005 16:30

Es Trenc

Thanks Mallorcaboy for your help.
The beach sounds lovely, we'll try and find it in feb,plus clothes as it may be a bit nippyto go skinny dipping!