Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2005, 02:28
jiggy

Default Child friendly restaurants?

Hi everyone
Going to PP at the end of aug. with 3 children, 13 ,10 & 2 years old. Do most of the restaurants have kids menus? Also, what are your fav family restaurants.
I am keen to try the local dishes, but the kids will probably go for something less adventurous.
We will be staying in the Gommar district, south of the marina, but willing to venture out anywhere in the resort.
jiggy.
Sponsored Links
Old 30-07-2005, 02:29

Hi jiggy

Most of the restaurants have childrens menus or you can ask for half portions of adult meals. Mallorcians, like most mediterranean folk, love children and it is much easier than in England to take your brood out and feel relaxed.

When ours were young favourite restaurants were Tango Tots and Tolo's, all in the Port, and this was where we tended to stay as it was convenient. But even in the old town a lot of the beautiful restaurants there are now doing childrens menus.

We also used to order mixed tapas as starters to encourage them too be adventurous. This was usually quite successful ,sometimes not ,as they didn't think they had
to eat them but usually gave them a try.

We will be there end of August so will look out for a table of 3 kids tucking into local delicacies :b

Hope this helps and I'm sure you will have great fun discovering all the fantastic eateries in PP!

Enjoy

Debs
Old 30-07-2005, 05:05
PennyWhite

We were there with one adventurous carnivorious 16 year old rutgby player so probably can't comment for the younger people, but there are so many restaurants and all are child friendly, even the most sophisticated ones (the other occupants would probably appreciate kids who stay on their seats and don't attract too much attention to themselves from everyone!) would have something that would appeal.. most of them I am sure would put something simple together if asked, we were so impressed by what was there, don't be put off with having kids with you, they might surprise you with what they enjoy!
I think I have done very brief reviews of the places we enjoyed recently (on our first visit) in the relevant section, so get around to as many as possible and enjoy!
Old 30-07-2005, 17:11

Hi jiggy!

I know we touched on this subject briefly whilst in the chatroom one night and I don't think I was able to help you that much!

However, I did mention Restaurant Llenaire which does do a children's menu and has great views over the bay.

We always try and pick restaurants where we can eat outside so the children can feel more relaxed. Plus I have a few tricks up my sleeve to keep them amused at the table! I doubt we'll be going to our usual haunts in August although I am keen to try them in Cantonet as I hear there is a terrace for outside eating.

Other restaurants we have enjoyed with them are Ca'n Olesa and Le Font de Gall in Pollensa old town. Both restaurants have an outside eating area and so the children weren't confined to a small space! Plus Ca'n Olesa is right on the edge of the square so our two had a great time with the local children.

Hope you enjoy!
Jane
Old 30-07-2005, 18:40

Hi Jane

You might find Cantonet a bit unsuitable depending on how old your children are. The food would be fine, they do the most amazing ravioli with loads of different fillings, which I'm sure most kids would love.The drawback is more to do with location as it is set on the terrace of a church which you get to via some fairly challenging stone steps! If yours are anything like mine used to be they would think these were fantastic to run up and down...trip up on.. fall down :\ The other drawback is that the loos are in the main restaurant which is across the road, which although not the Formentor Road, still has local boys racing their mopeds up and down :eek

This place is deffo more suitable to a romantic dinner para dos!

Regards

Debs
Old 30-07-2005, 19:45

Hi Debs!

Yes, mine are fascinated with steps as well so maybe this is a no-no then. :\

We ate in the little second square in Pollensa two years ago with them and for the whole evening they were bounding up and down the steps!

Thanks for the tip!
Jane
Old 30-07-2005, 21:00
PennyWhite

Hangman used to be one of our games for keeping kids still at dining tables, remember it? Helps with the spelling too in case their brains are turning into tortilla...
Old 31-07-2005, 01:14
jiggy

Hi everyone
thanks for all the tips, the mixed tapas sounds good debz, dont know about sharing them with the kids though:lol
also eating outside might be a good idea, thanks for that one jane .
And might try hangman as well, (not the 2 year old )
thanks pennywhite
chat to you all soon
jiggy
Old 01-08-2005, 00:19
pops

Jiggy
another good restaurant to try with the kids is maxim's in the square. They do a lovely menu for adults and a childrens menu too, plus the kids can play in the square.

Tiberi is always a favourite with my kids too. This is on the edge of the square and is quite a trendy restaurant, with a kids menu.

i know i keep on, but the best place in my opinion to take kids is Tango. No kids menu as such, but they do child portions of alot of what is on the menu. They have live music and dancing too if your brave enough to get up.
Enjoy yourselves.
pops
Old 01-08-2005, 01:24
SunnyJim

Our gang prefer fish n chips, happy meals and pitza, is there any good places for the brats. aint there no mac doanalds in the town.
Old 01-08-2005, 19:46

Hi SunnyJim and welcome to the forum!

There is a fish and chip restaurant in PP - The Codfather. I've never been there but have heard good reports.

There is also a Burger King on the front but why not introduce your children to Spanish tapas and Mallorcan cooking while you're there?

Hope you have a good time!
Jane
Old 01-08-2005, 20:30
Snowy

There is also a nice Ice Cream man on the front lots of choice
Old 02-08-2005, 00:58
robjay

Ironic isn't it. The tread is about places being "Child Friendly" and we read someone telling another that they should go else where, where they would be "much more suited". Ironic and nasty in one thread.

Rob

The reason this thread no longer makes sense is because the posting it refers to was removed.
Thank you Pollensa. The less we see of such nasty posts the better. can we now get back to being a warm friendly community where evry person is welcome regardless of their status in life, respect for each others views and opinions, and having the right to express your views freely are what drew me to this forum. I have tried hard to make everyone of you welcome and feel wanted. Please can we get back to the friendly place it was.

Rob & Caroline