Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 17:37

Default Tea or coffee anyone?

When you are in the heat of a Mallorcan summer it might be a thought to relax with a pot of tea or one of the many different Spanish coffees available to you. Spoiled for choice but if still at your apartment or villa it might just be those teabags or coffee you brought out with you.:eek

It might be tea and a scone such as you'd have in the UK or a cream tea like you'd have in Devon or Cornwall. Everyone is different and might not want a pint of San Miguel or John Smiths .Do you have a choice? Yes of course there are two tea shops at least, serving English Tea Shop fare.
Ye Old Tearooms just off the front and round the corner from Motos Formentor. Never been in but remember it as Vistamar with Paco and Maria. Lovely people and a nice meal too.
Mollies Cafe lies in the lane one behind the front and you can get all your English favourites there . Once again not tried it.

There is a little Patisserie on the Formentor road near Daina apartments with a few tables and lunchtimes you can see customers doing the pot of tea and an ensaimada for lunch. Everyone to their own.

Lots of visitors like to eat and drink on the front line and what could be more pleasant than sitting in the shade at Hotel Miramar, Sis Pins ,Illa D'Or, or at the other end at Hotel Galleon with your chosen drink.

There are just so many places to try.

Behind the church there is a new Spanish cafe opened last year or the end of 2003 which does mini pastries which go well with their coffee. Away from the touristy front line and there are newspapers too. If in the area I enjoy the fare and "El Pais" or whatever sports papers are there. Doesn't take long to get through the papers . Really depends on whether there are many pictures to look at!!!!!!:rollin

So you all go and enjoy to your personal taste!:rollin

PS A small beer near midday is a good thirst quencher!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 20:41

Default Re; TEA OR COFFEE ANYONE?

Hi Portofan,

I have just been waiting for someone to start discussing coffee cos I love it nearly as much as alcohol. Surrounded daily by Espresso,Ristretto,Macchiato,Americano,Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha etc etc ( It's grim up here in the old metropolis !!!) what do you do to get a fix when you go to PP and you need caffeine to get the brain neurons jumping about.

Well I nearly bought an espresso machine from Confort the other week but was stopped in my tracks by Bonyladette in full cry. "I'm not having my minimalist kitchen cluttered up with that contraption blah, blah, blah ". However without realising it at the time she did me a big favour cos one of the delights of the Port is, as you say, Portofan, creeping out for a coffee.

I tend to do this during that interminable period which pejoratively, I admit to all our lady readers, occurs every morning after breakfast whilst you retire to the bathroom to ablute and prepare yourselves for the rigours of the day/world.

Fortunately being right in town I'm spoilt for choice but half an hour on my todd with the newspaper and a good cup of coffee is what I really love and crave so much when I'm back here in the UK.

Inevitably I end up really central for the quick dash home and really enjoy the Bar Cultural ( outside in summer) or the Croissanteria ( behind the church) cos you are mainly surrounded by locals. Bonys is not opening now til 11.18 a.m. ( as Jose so predominantly displays on the window) all due to you late night revellers keeoing him up til 2.am or later. Don't particularly like the coffee at Gran Cafe but to sit at the bar in Posito chatting to Tony is great as well.

Let us know your favourites, readers

Inevitably I'm always late back, blimey you'd think I'd been sleeping with Sienna Miller !!!

" Have you been sneaking out for coffee again, we've got to go out and I've been ready for ages .........................."

I tell you though ten minutes out and I say

" How about a coffee, love ?

BonysLad
Old 03-08-2005, 21:32

Default Re: Re; TEA OR COFFEE ANYONE?

Earlier in the year I bought my second espresso maker, a Francis Francis X1 which I love, and makes fantastic espresso, although it was designed to use Illy pods and I haven't been able to find them yet in Mallorca. (I bring loads of tins from UK when I go back.) If you use the UHT milk from cartons available anywhere in the Port you can make authentic tasting Cafe con Leche, so think about it Bonyslad.
When out and about we generraly gravitate to Centric for a coffee. I think it's about the only place around that little area that isn't owned by "Chuckles"
Old 03-08-2005, 23:21
PennyWhite

Default Re: Re; TEA OR COFFEE ANYONE?

I'm missing my cafe con leche, and I am not much of a coffee drinker normally. Hubby rather by accident at the start of our stay got an expresso coffee with some ice, it has a name, can't remember it, found it so refreshing he drank it right through the holiday (when not on the stronger stuff of course) but we can't make the coffee taste right since we returned home.
Hardly drank any tea which is my usual thing here, doesn't taste the same with the funny milk, but the coffee was so much better, and of course all the great fruit juices (and alcolhol of course...)