Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-01-2014, 21:07

Default Nostalgia- Great Food

Just wanted to say how impressed we were with the food we ate in Nostalgia last week it was nicely cooked with good fresh ingredients and well presented.
Sparky, animagic21 and Tone like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-01-2014, 14:31

We LOVE Nostalgia! The friendly welcome, the lovely food, the staff, the service, Colin's singing and of course the Karaoke. It just can't be beaten !
animagic21 likes this.
Old 20-01-2014, 20:09

Kenny is a great chef, not that the last one wasn't just Kenny is something special

smashin' wee venue all in, bit of everything for everyone
Old 21-01-2014, 18:37

no doubt its decent food in Nostalgia and very good staff I agree. but sometimes and the last week was a big example , I think there are too many occasions when there are too many noisy drunks in there. Trying to move around with people falling over you and screaming out Karaoke is a bit much. Viva Espana blaring out (its 2014 now) .It needs to calm down a bit.Or is it our little bit of Magaluf right her in PP for the over 40s. Its not just me I heard others say this last week as well.Who would like one on every corner, ?not many . Bring back citrus/Fletchers that was a nice night with good chat and food without the overgrown 18-30s.
Old 21-01-2014, 21:55

We tended to go in early and was fairly quiet and to be honest we went purely for the food but welcome was always friendly.karaoke wouldn't be our cup of tea but if other people like it and it helps keep a business going especially during the winter months that's fine.
Old 21-01-2014, 23:19
Super Moderator

The music and karaoke doesn't usually start until after 10pm when people have finished dining.
Of course last week being Sant Antoni week, with rain on the night of the fires which meant everyone had to go inside and with fewer "touristy bars" open it was busier than normal in winter.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 21-01-2014, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa View Post
no doubt its decent food in Nostalgia and very good staff I agree. but sometimes and the last week was a big example , I think there are too many occasions when there are too many noisy drunks in there. Trying to move around with people falling over you and screaming out Karaoke is a bit much. Viva Espana blaring out (its 2014 now) .It needs to calm down a bit.Or is it our little bit of Magaluf right her in PP for the over 40s. Its not just me I heard others say this last week as well.Who would like one on every corner, ?not many . Bring back citrus/Fletchers that was a nice night with good chat and food without the overgrown 18-30s.
GM agree with some of your points but its hardly magaluf for over 40's for goodness sake, as I have said before its got a wee bit of something for everyone though

in fairness we have left twice in 5 or 6 years both in high season, once load of older Spanish came in drunk acting the goat other time load of young brits came in acting it up

I don't blame colin or Michaela for letting them in they have a business to run and money to make when they can and to be fair to colin he had them well warned about their behaviour wee man or not!

its easy sorted go elsewhere as we did both times no shortage of choices
Sparky and varsp like this.
Old 22-01-2014, 11:10

I'm well over 40 and would never dream of setting foot in Magaluf but I have never had a problem with Nostalgia; in fact, I have always found it to be surprisingly peaceful given its close proximity to the Square. I have certainly never seen or heard a noisy drunk in there. Mind you, I have never been in there late at night as I appreciate that the atmosphere changes when the karaoke begins and there are other quieter alternatives close by. I'm sure that many of the other bars in PP become a bit boisterous post-10 PM - as is the case everywhere in the world. I think there is something for everyone in PP - and so there should be - Colin and Michaela have built a successful business by catering to two different sectors of the market, which is quite a feat, and they should be applauded for that.
debz1, Sparky, lollipop and 1 others like this.
Old 22-01-2014, 14:24

Just because you're over forty, it doesn't mean you have to have become less enthusiastic about life. I had my sixtieth birthday celebration in Nostalgia and enjoyed every minute of the singing, dancing and yes, even the Karaoke. There will be a time when I can't join in, that's when they nail the lid down !
Old 22-01-2014, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsp View Post
There will be a time when I can't join in, that's when they nail the lid down !
good on ye V

my old gran used to say, there's plenty time fur sleepin we yer deed son!
varsp likes this.
Old 23-01-2014, 00:33

We discovered Nkstalgia in 2009. It totally made my 60th. It will definitely be a part of the build up to our daughters wedding.
debz1, Lorenzo and varsp like this.
Old 23-03-2014, 21:03

After many many years drinking in nostalgia we finally ate here tonight

Fantastic

Old 24-03-2014, 11:40

No drink with the meal then!!
Old 24-03-2014, 17:42

Wellll maybeeee some
Belladonna likes this.
Old 21-04-2014, 13:07
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Good news!!!!!...Nostalgia are now open 7 days a week .
gemmakate likes this.