Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2005, 19:32
Peejayel

Default eating at Illa D'or

My parents are heading out to PP next weekend and while they are away they will be celebrating their 40th anniversary. We were hoping to arrange an indulgent evening for them to mark the occasion and had looked at the Illa D'or which appears to be the premier hotel and enjoys a good location. However, there seems to be a total lack of information about eating there (the restaurant seems to be called La Terrassa). Can anyone help us out with a review or an opinion?

We've been looking at other posts and threads and they will be visiting some of the other places which I'd expect some of you to suggest such as Balaxia but any comparisons or suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks
PJL
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2005, 23:12

I have not eaten at Illa D'or, so don't know what it's like, but it does have some kudos. 365 near the Golf Club is very swish and has a great web site.
Old 21-06-2005, 00:21

Hi Mallorcaboy,

Is 365 at the Hotel Son Brull?

Had a look at the website - very nice!

www.sonbrull.com

Regards
Jane

Oh, and there's always the Hotel Formentor - beautiful views but a bit of a windy road to get there.

www.hotelformentor.net
Old 21-06-2005, 15:06

Hi Jane, Yes I think they have two restaurants, the Hotel Son Brul's and a separate 365 restaurant. However, as I'm never likely to be able to afford to eat at either, I'll have to remain in semi ignorance.:lol
Old 22-06-2005, 04:18

Jane,

The 365 is in the Son Brull Hotel, it is simply wonderful, well worth a visit!

John.
Old 22-06-2005, 16:37
diver val

Default eating out at illa'Dor

Hi all

I have stayed at this Hotel on two occasions, and have indulged in their quite elaborate set-dinner.

I can recommend the quality and service. The only thing that might be fly in the ointment for this celebration, you can't guaranttee a table near the window (and sea-view) unless you arrange this prior to the event. They seem quite strict as to who sits where.

Have a good time.

diver val
Old 23-06-2005, 06:11
SenorLovey

Default Re: eating out at illa'Dor

stayed in the illa dor several times and now live just behind it.
My parents and large group of freinds eat and drink their everyday and some nights. They would highly recommend the food and the atmosphere there. I recall the menu offering a wide variety of dishes and wines.

Due to my un-sociable behaviour i rarely eat with my parents but rather my freinds- and as result are money is saved for alchohol, but recalling on my paretns reccomendations- they have always loved

can pacienci
a punt (a personal favourtie for calzone)
Old 10-07-2005, 03:41
Carole H

My boyfriend and I were celebrating an anniversary recently and chose to eat at the Illa'Dor - we had a table outside at the waters edge and in such a beautiful setting we enjoyed a lovely evening - staff and service were excellent and the fish we choose were beautifully cooked and presented
Old 21-07-2005, 04:13
Hunter

The setting is lovely, though one time the weather turned wet and windy whilst we were in mid meal! We have had some great meals there and some not so great. It is expensive compared to most of the other places in PP, but if it all goes well you will think it was worth it, principally because of the setting and the ambience, which can "lift" an an above average meal into a really great time. We will more than likely go for a meal there when we are out this Summer...the lunches can be pretty good too and are a lot easier on the pocket.
Old 21-07-2005, 04:20
Hunter

Another thought, which brings in another thread which is La Terraza at Alcanada...if it was me I would eat at Alcanada before the Illa Dor, but you have a 15-20 minute taxi ride there and back, which your parents might not want. They are probably not much apart in price (but dont quote me on that), but I would prefer Alcanada, even with the taxi ride. Others would no doubt have a different view.
Old 27-07-2005, 23:54
PennyWhite

We ate there three times we loved it so much, it is the setting that makes it, beautiful, the sort of place one wishes if only there is a place... on the water's edge... with great food and wine... and service. There is Stay of course which I loved probably about the same but Illa Dor has a more romantic classical ambience.
Their gazpacho is to die for, not sure an Andalucian goatherd would recognise it as such, thick and served from a teapot onto marinated anchovies... son convinced me I wanted to share a Chateaubriand with him, even better than the one at A Punt.
Only down comment I would make is that it is a restricted menu, I had a local cod dish which was frankly boring, but the setting, ambience, company wine... it was special every time.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:06
steve

Have just returned from 3 weeks in PP, managed to eat at Illa D'or on one evening, everything said previously is correct, probably the best setting, views and ambience in the entire Bay, but a little expensive and, personally, I don't think the food is as good as at some places.

As an alternative, try going there for lunch, still breathtaking views, and have scrambled eggs and bacon, or Grilled fish and chips with a bottle of the local Rosado. Makes a pleasant change from Pedro's (Corals) or some of the other regular lunchtime haunts.